Find Used Books Cheaply Online: Atkins, Irodov, Linear Alg, Geom

• Thread starter 1st2fall
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the speaker is looking for used or cheap books online, specifically Atkins' 8th or 7th edition, Irodov's book in English, a solid linear algebra book, and a geometry revisited book. They are asking for recommendations for websites where they can find these books at a lower price than Amazon. They also mention wanting an excellent physical chemistry book, physics at Irodov's level, and a solid geometry book from a non-western perspective. They also ask if anyone knows a good organic chemistry book. Some suggested websites are Amazon and Alibris.
1st2fall
I'm hoping to acquire some books used or cheaply online somewhere. I want to get Atkins' 8th edition or 7th... Irodov's (in English)...a solid linear algebra book (know idea what's good) and a geometry revisited. Does anyone know a site where I can find these kind of books cheap or used? Preferably cheaper than Amazon. I know textbooks are expensive and this may be an impossibility... In general I just want an excellent Physical Chem book, Irodov's level physics, good linear algebra and a solid book in geometry from a less western perspective.

Thank you for your time

Edit: Does anyone know a goof Orgo book?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try amazon.com or alibris.com

cheeers

I understand the importance of acquiring books for academic purposes. There are several websites that offer used books at a lower cost, such as eBay, AbeBooks, and ThriftBooks. These websites often have a wide selection of textbooks, including those in the fields of physical chemistry, physics, linear algebra, and geometry. It may be helpful to search for the specific titles and editions you are looking for on these websites to compare prices and find the best deal.

In terms of recommendations for specific books, it is always best to consult with professors or colleagues who have expertise in the subject matter. They may be able to suggest a specific edition or author that aligns with your needs and interests. Additionally, many universities have online bookstores or used book sales where you may be able to find the books you need at a lower cost.

In terms of a good organic chemistry book, some popular titles include "Organic Chemistry" by Paula Bruice and "Organic Chemistry" by David Klein. Again, seeking recommendations from those with experience in the field may be helpful in finding the right book for you.

Overall, I understand the financial constraints of purchasing textbooks and I hope these suggestions can help you find the books you need at a more affordable price. Best of luck in your search!

1. How can I find used books online?

There are a few ways to find used books online. You can search on websites like Amazon or eBay for specific titles, or use a search engine like Google to find online bookstores that specialize in used books. There are also online marketplaces and forums where individuals sell their used books.

2. Are used books cheaper than new books?

In general, used books tend to be cheaper than new books. This is because they have been previously owned and may have some wear and tear. However, the exact price difference will vary depending on the specific book and where you are purchasing it from.

3. What are some popular textbooks that are commonly found used online?

Some popular textbooks that are commonly found used online include "Atkins' Physical Chemistry", "Irodov's Problems in General Physics", "Linear Algebra" by David Lay, and "Geometry" by David A. Brannan.

4. Are there any advantages to buying used books online?

Yes, there are several advantages to buying used books online. One major advantage is cost savings, as used books are typically cheaper than new books. Additionally, buying used books online allows you to access a wider range of titles and editions that may not be available in new bookstores.

5. How can I ensure the used books I buy online are in good condition?

Before purchasing a used book online, be sure to read the seller's description carefully. Look for any mentions of damage or highlighting. You can also message the seller to ask for more details or photos of the book. Some online marketplaces also have ratings and reviews for sellers, so be sure to check those as well.