Register to reply

Capacitance & Inductance in Diff. Dielectric Mediums

Share this thread:
roTTer
Dec12-13, 08:06 AM
P: 19
Hello!

How do I calculate the capacitance of a twisted wire pair in 3D? The pair of wire would have two different dielectric(air and insulation) mediums and hence I am not able to figure out how to calculate it by hand.

My plan was to create a 3D Model, mesh it and put it up in FastFieldSolver. But that software is not working.

Another one was to just take 2D snapshots of the wire in different positions as it twists around each other, cascade the capacitance and get the average of those values.

But since that software is not working, can you please link me to a free/evaluation software that would allow me to do this?

Also do you have a way in mind which would allow me to do it by hand or a script?

Thank you for your time!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
An innovative system anticipates driver fatigue in the vehicle to prevent accidents
Squink personal factory aims to make circuit prototyping easy
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
ScienceGeyser
Dec15-13, 06:49 AM
P: 23
Try this site http://www.standard-wire.com/cable_d...equations.html or look in General Cable's electronics catalog. They have equations and characteristics of materials for different wire configurations toward the back.
roTTer
Dec16-13, 12:09 PM
P: 19
This is great! I was just looking at the wrong areas!

These sites really didn't show up on the first few pages of google because of the formulas not being indexed maybe due to the fact that the content are in a image format and not text!

Register to reply