Discovering CMS (Cern): Download & Usage

In summary, the conversation discussed a CMS program from Cern that can display figures similar to the attached ones. There is a page with links to both 2D and 3D displays for exploring CMS events, but it is not clear if this is the specific program the person was looking for.
Safinaz
Hi all,

There is a CMS (Cern) program in which can display similar to the attached figures, do any
one know what is it and how can I download ?

S.

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 439
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 444
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't believe CMS has made their event display software public, but what good would it do you without the data?

Safinaz said:
Hi all,

There is a CMS (Cern) program in which can display similar to the attached figures, do any
one know what is it and how can I download ?

This page includes links to both 2D and 3D displays to explore CMS events, presented in a "name that event" game format:
http://quarknet.fnal.gov/resources/cmsdata.shtml

Is this what you had in mind, or something different?

Hi,
Yes, the 3D display is so similar to what I meant ..

Thank you,
S.

1. What is CMS at CERN?

CMS (Compact Muon Solenoid) is a particle detector located at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). It is used to study the results of particle collisions that occur in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).

2. How can I download CMS?

CMS is not a downloadable software. It is a physical detector located at CERN. However, you can access the data collected by CMS through the CERN Open Data Portal.

3. What is the usage of CMS?

CMS is used to study the fundamental particles and forces that make up the universe. It helps scientists understand the nature of matter and the origins of the universe.

4. How can I use CMS data?

You can use the data collected by CMS for various purposes, such as conducting research, developing new theories, or creating simulations. The data is freely available for anyone to use through the CERN Open Data Portal.

5. Is CMS only used for physics research?

No, CMS data can also be used for other scientific fields, such as computer science, data analysis, and machine learning. The data is open for anyone to use, regardless of their field of study.