What is your academic journey and research focus?

• Thread starter alex caps
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the participants discussing their education and career paths. One person is currently studying materials science and engineering at UCLA and will be doing an internship at UNM. Another is studying pure math at UNM and hopes to do an REU in the future. One person works as an orbital analyst while another works in the field of reproductive physiology/neuroendocrinology. One person joked about studying envelope and stamp licking, while another is a first-year engineering student at the University of Toronto. Others are pursuing a master's degree in physics or working in a wafer fab repair and maintenance company.
alex caps
I am just wondering where you go to school/work and what field you are in if you are a research scientist.

I will start:

At UCLA as student. Will be at UNM for the summer. - Materials Science & Engineering research.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am at UNM right now, pure math major. Hopefully this summer I will be doing an REU, but I am not holding my breath :smile:

I'm sitting at a computer right now.

I couldn't help it.

I work as an orbital analyst.

Last edited:
Im a co-worker of Bob's.

Darn it, Bob beat me to it! :rofl:

I work in the field of reproductive physiology/neuroendocrinology. Now say that 10 times fast. :biggrin:

I got an AAS in Envelope Licking. I'm now going for my BS in Envelope Licking with a minor in Stamp Licking and Gift Wrapping at the City College of New York.
I've got a really good internship. But the REUs in my field arent that great :(

ranger said:
I got an AAS in Envelope Licking. I'm now going for my BS in Envelope Licking with a minor in Stamp Licking and Gift Wrapping at the City College of New York.
I've got a really good internship. But the REUs in my field arent that great :(

Yeah, once they went with self-stick stamps, an awful lot of stamp lickers were put out of work. A real pity.

Researching towards a post-midlife-crisis-PhD in Bangkok, Thailand.

First year EngSci (engineering science) student at the university of toronto.

second semester of master in physics, at LU

I am a graveyard shift wafer fab repair and maintenance technician for a H.igh P.riced company you all love to hate.

Sophomore Physics Major

1. Where are you conducting your research?

I am currently conducting my research at [insert location].

2. Where is your laboratory located?

My laboratory is located at [insert location].

3. Where are you currently working?

I am currently working at [insert location].

4. Where is your field of study based?

My field of study is based in [insert location].

5. Where have you published your findings?

I have published my findings in various scientific journals and conferences, which can be found on my professional website or through a quick search on online databases.