Introducing Myself: 19yrs Old, New Hampshire, Physics & Psychology Lover

• Thread starter MotolovCocktail
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey
In summary, Moonbear is a 19 year old high school student from New Hampshire who is into physics, psychology, chess, music, snowboarding, web surfing, and video games. He is also a fan of Fauchon chocolates and ate some of them before they could be thrown at a new member. He has a secret stash of Fuchon chocolates. Humanino sent Moonbear a shipment of Fauchon chocolates and Moonbear is currently low on his supply.
MotolovCocktail
Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'd thought I would introduce myself here. You know, you should have an "introduce yourself" thread on this site.

Well, anyway, I'll introduce myself. I'm 19 yrs old, live in New Hampshire, and I'm still a student in High School. I'm really big into science, especially physics. I'm also have a passion for psychology and philosophy. My other interests include Chess, Music, Snowboarding, Web Surfing, and Video Games.

Oh, and I know "Motolov" is misspelled (its supposed to be MolotovCocktail), I just did that intentionally.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!
Hope you will like it here. :smile:

Welcome to PF! Do we still have any fish left in the welcome tent? Folks got pretty carried away welcoming zenmaster. *tosses a pile of scales at MotolovCocktail* That'll have to do until I have time to check in the back for more fish. :biggrin:

I only have sardines at the moment..

Welcome, Motolov!

P.S. You'll get used to the fish.

Great. I'm going to have to crack open that can of smoked oysters I was saving since we're out of fish to throw.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9499/welcome38gk.gif

Now where did I put that can of baked beans? I was saving it for a special occasion just like this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moridin said:
Now where did I put that can of baked beans? I was saving it for a special occasion just like this one!
Oh dear, if we start handing out baked beans and broccoli to the new members, it'll be more than the fish smelling around here! :uhh: :yuck:

Welcome to PF!

MotolovCocktail said:
You know, you should have an "introduce yourself" thread on this site.

You know, the first thing you say doesn't have to be criticism. Maybe at least the second thing.

See? No body even hit you with the fish yet!

Mk said:
You know, the first thing you say doesn't have to be criticism. Maybe at least the second thing.

See? No body even hit you with the fish yet!
Moonbear tossed a handful of scales at him.

I ate the smoked oysters though. :redface:

I offered sardines, but no one wanted to use them..:frown:

Evo said:
Moonbear tossed a handful of scales at him.

I ate the smoked oysters though. :redface:

NOooOOOoOoOOoo!:cry: It was my last tin of them.

Note to self: next time hide smoked oysters with the secret Fauchon chocolate stash that Evo does not know about.

Math Is Hard said:
Note to self: next time hide smoked oysters with the secret Fauchon chocolate stash that Evo does not know about.

Licks lips. Umm...about that chocolate stash... :uhh:...there might be a bit less there than you thought there was. :uhh: :redface:

arildno said:
I offered sardines, but no one wanted to use them..:frown:
I love sardines! :tongue2:

I grew up eating sardine sandwiches. No other kid would trade sandwiches with me - except from Niels Wolfhagen, whose family had emigrated from Norway. :biggrin:

OK - MolotovCocktail arrived just in time for the Fish Fry! :biggrin: How appropriate. For desert, we'll have Bananas Foster and a Peach Flambé.

http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/recipes/recipes_brennans.html

Oops - almost forgot -

Welcome to PF, MolotovCocktail!

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
I love sardines! :tongue2:

I grew up eating sardine sandwiches. No other kid would trade sandwiches with me - except from Niels Wolfhagen, whose family had emigrated from Norway. :biggrin:
Sounds great! Did you put anything else on the sandwich?

Mk said:
Sounds great! Did you put anything else on the sandwich?
When I was in grade/elementary school - my mom made the lunches. The sandwiches were simple, since we didn't have a lot of money. Back then sardines and potted meat were cheap, so that's what we ate. I also had sandwiches filled with curried egg, or honey and walnuts, or bananas, or peanut butter (I never got used to peanut butter and jelly).

As an adult - I like sardines or mackerel or tuna or salmon with different seasonings.

Curried sardines or sardines with salsa are great! :tongue2:

Math Is Hard said:
NOooOOOoOoOOoo!:cry: It was my last tin of them.
<smacks lips> But you were going to throw them at the new person!

WHAT? You got Fuchon chocolates and I didn't?? HUMANINO! :grumpy:

Evo said:
<smacks lips> But you were going to throw them at the new person!
only a couple of 'em.
evo said:
WHAT? You got Fuchon chocolates and I didn't?? HUMANINO! :grumpy:

Why do you think I had to hide them? :biggrin:

It's not what you think, though. Just simple blackmail. I paid one of the members $10 to start a thread asking if he could ask some of the guys personal questions via PM, then send me the responses. We had LOTS of volunteers. Now I have dirt on almost EVERYONE! ha ha! :devil:

Thanks for the fast shipment, Humanino. Your secret is safe with me.:wink: But, oh, my .. it seems my supply is running a bit low. Remember, I can't talk when my mouth is full of Fauchon bon bons.:smile:

1. What inspired you to become interested in both physics and psychology?

I have always been fascinated by the way the world works and human behavior. I find both fields to be incredibly complex and intriguing, and I am constantly seeking to understand more about these subjects.

2. How do you plan on utilizing your knowledge in both physics and psychology?

I hope to use my understanding of physics and psychology to pursue a career in research, where I can study the intersection of these two fields and potentially make contributions to both areas of study.

3. What do you enjoy most about living in New Hampshire?

I love the beautiful natural landscapes and the small, close-knit communities in New Hampshire. It's also a great state for outdoor activities, which I enjoy.

4. What are some of your favorite topics within physics and psychology?

In physics, I am particularly interested in quantum mechanics and astrophysics. In psychology, I am fascinated by cognitive psychology and the study of consciousness.

5. What advice do you have for someone who is also interested in pursuing a dual interest in physics and psychology?

My advice would be to never stop learning and exploring both fields. There is always something new to discover and the intersection of these two subjects offers endless opportunities for growth and understanding.