Can you give me the formula for calculating its

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the conversation is about the number of edges in a graph with n levels. The formula for the number of edges is 3(n-1)^2+2(n-1), which can be simplified to 3n^2-4n+1. The conversation also mentions a graph with patterns of "7|" and the author Matt Grime, who is the creator of the problem. Fiona is asking for the name of the graph and more information about Matt Grime and his work.
Vance
edges?
if i have n level I will have n^2 nodes but I don't know how many edges, I am stupid, forgot this problem's famous 'creator'
Please give me his name so as for me to check out more, I d like to know about this really, please help

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 401
Physics news on Phys.org
3(n-1)^2+2(n-1) looks about right, which is 3n^2-6n+3 +2n-2=3n^2-4n+1

tilt your head 45 degrees, there are (n-1)^2 identical patterns of "7|", that is two edges of a square and a diagonal, so that's the first part of the formula. the second bit comes from counting all that's left over.

You havenot even taken a look at my attachment, but you spoke of it so fluently. ..lol...

Thank you so very much

Matt Grime,
would you please tell me what exactly that graph's name is ?
I would like to learn more about its author and his work too, but I am clueless now...

Thanks Matt a lot,

Regards,
Fiona

whoever is also fine and i am thankful...

1. Can you give me the formula for calculating its density?

The formula for calculating density is mass/volume. In other words, density is equal to the mass of an object divided by its volume.

2. What is the formula for calculating its velocity?

The formula for calculating velocity is distance/time. This means that velocity is defined as the distance an object has traveled divided by the time it took to travel that distance.

3. How do I calculate the pH of a solution?

The formula for calculating pH is -log[H+]. This means taking the negative logarithm of the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution to determine its pH level.

4. What is the formula for calculating the area of a circle?

The formula for calculating the area of a circle is πr^2, where π is a constant equal to approximately 3.14 and r is the radius of the circle.

5. How do I calculate the molar mass of a compound?

The formula for calculating the molar mass of a compound is to add up the atomic masses of each individual element in the compound. This can be found on the periodic table of elements.