How accurate are Newton's formulas concerning Gravity, and other questions

In summary, the conversation is about the search for algebraic formulas that define gravity and energy, specifically for a binary system. The formula Fg = G M1M2 / r2 is mentioned, along with some links to similar discussions and other equations like g = - GM / [D^2 (1 - 2 GM / (rC^2))] and g = - MG hat r / r^2. The participants also mention checking out Kepler and MOND as possible sources for more equations.
seasnake
Binary System

Fg = G M1M2 / r2 M1d1 = M1d2

I don't have non-binary gravity formulas, so if you know any post them here (or any other algebraic gravity formulas you may be aware of)

I am interested in algebriac formulas that define gravity and energy, but I am a bit skeptical and not always sure which formulas I can trust.

Other than being for a binary system, does Fg = G M1M2 / r2 have any constraints, assumptions, limitations, or contradictions (problems)?

Physics news on Phys.org
thanks A.T. ... from your link, and following the links on tied link pages I found the equations:

g = - GM / [D^2 (1 - 2 GM / (rC^2))]; and

g = - MG hat r / r^2

these are the types of gravity equations I'm looking for, and any others are greatly appreciated, should anyone know any that are also in algebraic form

try kepler

check out MOND on wiki , not that i agree

1. How accurate are Newton's formulas concerning Gravity?

Newton's formulas for gravity are accurate for everyday situations and have been successfully used to predict the motion of celestial bodies. However, they do not fully explain the behavior of gravity in extreme conditions, such as near black holes or at the quantum level.

2. How do Newton's formulas for gravity compare to Einstein's theory of general relativity?

Einstein's theory of general relativity is a more accurate and comprehensive explanation of gravity compared to Newton's formulas. It takes into account the curvature of space-time and has been proven to accurately predict the motion of celestial bodies in extreme conditions.

3. Can Newton's formulas for gravity be used to describe the behavior of gravity on a quantum level?

No, Newton's formulas for gravity are not applicable on a quantum level. The behavior of gravity on a quantum level is described by the theory of quantum gravity, which is still under development.

4. Are there any limitations to Newton's formulas for gravity?

Yes, Newton's formulas for gravity have limitations and do not fully explain the behavior of gravity in all situations. They do not account for the curvature of space-time and do not accurately predict the motion of objects in extreme conditions.

5. How have Newton's formulas for gravity been tested and confirmed?

Newton's formulas for gravity have been extensively tested and confirmed through observations and experiments. They have successfully predicted the motion of celestial bodies and have been used in various fields of science and engineering.