Physics Apps for iPhone: Any Advanced Options?

In summary, the person is looking for Physics apps for their iPhone but has only found low-level ones aimed at high school students. They are asking for recommendations for more advanced apps, but the other person doubts there are many available due to the limited processing power and input capabilities of the iPhone. They suggest using DropBox to store and access papers.
Geezer
I've always wanted to put some Physics apps on my iPhone, but the ones I keep coming across are way too low-level; they seem geared to high school kids who are first encountering the material...

Any recommendations for apps that are more advanced?, like upper-division or graduate student level?

Computer science news on Phys.org
DropBox? I store my .pdf archive of papers in DropBox (along with all the .bib files and annotations) and have access to them on whichever computer I use. If you have a particularly dry paper or two, it also doubles as a sleep-aid!

As for more advanced apps, I don't think you'll find a whole lot since the processing power on the iPhone is a whole lot less than what you'd have on a desktop, or even a netbook, and the input, while great for texting and e-mails, also isn't that great for extended input. Just my 2 cents worth.

What are some popular physics apps available for iPhone?

Some popular physics apps for iPhone include "The Physics Toolbox," "Physics Formula Calculator," "Khan Academy: Physics," "iPhysics Pro," and "PhET Simulations."

Are there any free physics apps for iPhone?

Yes, many physics apps for iPhone are available for free, including "The Physics Toolbox," "Khan Academy: Physics," and "PhET Simulations."

Do physics apps for iPhone cover all areas of physics?

No, most physics apps for iPhone focus on specific areas of physics, such as mechanics, electromagnetism, or thermodynamics. However, there are some apps that cover a broader range of topics.

Can physics apps for iPhone be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many physics apps for iPhone are designed specifically for educational purposes, with interactive simulations, practice problems, and study guides.

How accurate are physics apps for iPhone?

The accuracy of physics apps for iPhone can vary depending on the app and its developer. It is important to do your research and read reviews before relying on an app for accurate information or calculations.