Romanian, 67, pregnant with twins

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: This lady is already 73 years old, she's not going to be any better off at 67!In summary, the Romanian woman is seven months pregnant with twins after fertility treatment. Some people think she is selfish for wanting to have children at her age, while others think she is brave for wanting to have babies when she is not as capable as she may be.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Physics news on Phys.org
hey, why not? Just because they'll never be able to rough house with mom, just because they'll bury their mom before she has a chance to talk to them about the birds and the bees. just because they'll be orphaned before high school. That's no reason not to allow this old lady to have kids.
How selfish does a person have to be to do this to a couple of kids? She just wants to be able to hold a baby of her own who cares if the baby grows up without anyone being there when she needs to be held most. I hate this story. I hate the lady and I hate the doctor who made it possible.
and Ivan, you aren't to high on my list at the moment for bringing this story to my attention.

Some women will do anything to have a baby(recent horrific example from Kansas).
For me this Romanian woman is mentally ill,she should be locekd in the psychiatric hospital.

At first I had the same reaction as trib, but then I started thinking about how many children are raised by their grandparents due to death or inability of the parents to raise them. Kids raised by grandparents are very happy.

I still think it is very selfish to give birth at her age. Even if she lives another 30 years, how capable will she be?

I know women in my family live on average to around 98 and remain in great physical and mental health, but I'm sure as hell not going to have kids when I'm that age.

Evo said:
I know women in my family live on average to around 98 and remain in great physical and mental health
yeah, but they STARTED in great physical and mental health

What is the average age of pregnancy for women in Romania?

The average age of pregnancy for women in Romania is 28 years old.

Is it common for women in Romania to have twins at the age of 67?

No, it is not common for women in Romania (or anywhere) to have twins at the age of 67. This is considered a high-risk pregnancy due to the mother's advanced age.

What are the potential risks for a woman in her late 60s having twins?

Some potential risks for a woman in her late 60s having twins include high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, preterm labor, and complications during delivery.

Is it safe for a woman in her late 60s to carry a pregnancy to term?

Every pregnancy is unique and the safety of carrying a pregnancy to term for a woman in her late 60s depends on her overall health and any potential risks. It is important for the mother to have regular check-ups with her doctor and follow any recommended precautions.

What are the social and cultural implications of a woman in Romania being pregnant at the age of 67?

In Romania, as in many other countries, pregnancy and childbirth are socially and culturally tied to younger women. Therefore, a woman in her late 60s being pregnant may face judgment and criticism from others. It is important for society to recognize and respect the personal choices and circumstances of each individual, regardless of age.