Properties of Tungsten Nitride: WN Needed

• Thread starter ohopu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Properties
In summary, tungsten nitride is a chemical compound with high hardness and excellent resistance to corrosion. It is commonly used in various industrial applications, such as coating for cutting tools, barrier layer in microelectronics, and catalyst in chemical reactions. Tungsten nitride can be produced through different methods and has a high melting point of approximately 2,870°C, making it suitable for high-temperature applications. Its benefits include excellent mechanical properties, chemical inertness, and non-toxicity.
ohopu
i need the material properties of Tungsten Nitride. Here is a list of properties i need:
1.band gap at 300k
2.work function
3. electron and hole mobility
4. permittivity
5. thermal conductivity
6. heat capacity
7.SRH recombination rates(tau-n and tau-p)
8.density of states(conduction band and valence band)
9.Auger coefficients.

i can't find any of this. please help me out...

Physics news on Phys.org
This may be a good starting point:

First-principles study of W, WN, WN(2), and WN(3)
Author(s): Song, L (Song, Lu); Wang, YX (Wang, Yuan-Xu)1
Source: PHYSICA STATUS SOLIDI B-BASIC SOLID STATE PHYSICS Volume: 247 Issue: 1 Pages: 54-58 DOI: 10.1002/pssb.200945310 Published: JAN 2010

1. What is tungsten nitride and its properties?

Tungsten nitride is a chemical compound composed of tungsten and nitrogen atoms. It is a hard, metallic material with a high melting point and excellent resistance to corrosion, making it suitable for various industrial applications.

2. What are the uses of tungsten nitride?

Tungsten nitride is commonly used as a coating for cutting tools, such as drills and saw blades, to improve their hardness and wear resistance. It is also used as a barrier layer in microelectronics and as a catalyst in chemical reactions.

3. How is tungsten nitride produced?

Tungsten nitride can be produced through various methods, including chemical vapor deposition, physical vapor deposition, and reactive sputtering. These processes involve heating tungsten and nitrogen in a controlled environment to form the compound.

4. What is the melting point of tungsten nitride?

The melting point of tungsten nitride is approximately 2,870°C (5,198°F), making it one of the highest melting point compounds known. This property makes it suitable for use in high-temperature applications.

5. What are the benefits of using tungsten nitride?

In addition to its high melting point and corrosion resistance, tungsten nitride also has excellent mechanical properties, such as high hardness and wear resistance. It is also chemically inert and non-toxic, making it a safe choice for use in various industries.