Were ancient civilizations using pyramids as a form of GPS technology?

• Thread starter quantumcarl
  • Start date
In summary, there is evidence that a 720 ft high step pyramid may be in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The photos don't exactly prove very much so we're going by what we're told. Additional evidence suggests that the mounds near Visoko in Bosnia and Herzegovina may represent ancient colossal stone structures.
Carl, tere is a long text with more detailed info that i will try to translate into english. But, they say that the pyramids in Bosnia have the same configuration as the Cheops pyramid in Egypt...having said that there are tunnels under the pyramids with intersections which are alligned perferctly with east-west, north-south.

The length of all sides (from top, down) are "365" meters in length so creating an even-sided triangle with 60&186; on each angle - in other words there is a deviation on geographical north of 21' and that alligns the pyramid perfectly with the "North star" i don't know how that star is called in english but i am sure you know what i am talking about.

Carl, so far they have been compering them with the pyramids in Egypt so i really don't have much on the Italian pyramids...altough i searched!

Physics news on Phys.org
...also in the text it says that the ancient Egyptians did not build the pyramids in Egypt. When the pyramid was broken into almost 1000 years ago they found a layer of salt and fossils on the bottom...they suspect that pyramids were once flooded.

1792 i believe, Napoleon Bonaparte was always fascinated by east, so when he got there he hurried into the pyramid and then ordered his guards to leave him alone to spend a night in the faraon's casket. In the morning he came out pale and and enigmatic. When the guards asked him how was the night Napoleon said: "Even if i told you, you would not believe me". He was asked many times after about his experience and what he felt but he took his secret to the grave.

Did his spiritual life became much stronger? Did his soul go on the cruise through the Universe? To the gates of enternity? Lucky him, maybe he found the purpose of the humans in universe. If he did see something i wonder how did he look at this world after his spiritual experience? I am gettin' of the topic i should stop...:tongue2:

Aca said:
Carl, tere is a long text with more detailed info that i will try to translate into english. But, they say that the pyramids in Bosnia have the same configuration as the Cheops pyramid in Egypt...having said that there are tunnels under the pyramids with intersections which are alligned perferctly with east-west, north-south.

The length of all sides (from top, down) are "365" meters in length so creating an even-sided triangle with 60&186; on each angle - in other words there is a deviation on geographical north of 21' and that alligns the pyramid perfectly with the "North star" i don't know how that star is called in english but i am sure you know what i am talking about.

Carl, so far they have been compering them with the pyramids in Egypt so i really don't have much on the Italian pyramids...altough i searched!

OK Aca. Thank you! I've heard two things to do with the way the three aledged pyramids of Bosnia are aligned:eg:

One suggestion mirrors what you have been able to report...that the 3 Bosnian pyramids are in a configuration appearing to represent the configuration of the Belt of Orion, as do the 3 pyramids of Egypt on the Giza plateau.

The other suggestion is that the 3 Bosnian structures form some-sort of significant triangle (which?) and do not conform to the alignments of the Egyptian nor the Italian pyramids which do conform to the alignment of Orion's Belt (as it occurred 12,500 years ago or so).

Here's how the New York Times answers my question,

But where archaeologists see tectonic action and geological principles, Osmanagic sees the glory and grandeur of Bosnian prehistory, in which his ancestors built not only the Pyramid of the Sun, but also two works hidden under nearby hills, which he has named the Pyramids of the Moon and Dragon. These three terrestrial lumps, he said, form a perfect triangle.

from: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/05/15/news/pyramid.php

When Heinrich Schliemann discovered the ancient walls and city of Troy it was just a shapless hill. It was only Schliemann's keen eye that could see the potential for a fantastic find.

Last edited:
Are you guys aware of this archaeological site? It isn't about pyramids, but it's in the same area and could have some relevance. It's from an "anomalies" site which also includes eyewitness accounts of modern dinosaurs (:rolleyes:), so take it as you please. I haven't been able to find anything about it on other web sites, but the archaeologist, Dragoslav Srejovic, seems to be legitimate:

--What are perhaps the most disturbing prehistoric construction and civilization finds were uncovered in 1965 by archaeologist Dragoslav Srejovic at a site now called Starveco, on the Danube River, on the Yugoslavian and Rumanian border.

Digging into the Yugoslavian bank, Srejovic first encountered traces of a Roman road; beneath this were fragments of proto-Greek pottery, and below these were Neolithic remnants and traces of Mesolithic cultural artifacts.

Deeper still, Srejovic came upon something totally out of place: the remains of a cement floor. More specifically, the material was an amalgam of local limestone, sand and water, considered a feat of chemistry and construction several millennia ahead of its time. The cement surfaces were not placed haphazardly, but were carefully laid out in large slabs to form the foundations of houses.

--The Starveco site has yielded a number of other cultural characteristics previously thought to have been developed thousands of years later, in the Middle East. Behind the hearth in each house, laborers unearthed the remains of altars, indicating religious beliefs and practices.

Each altar was composed of a flat stone, with a cup impression for burning a sacriffce, which faced two or more upright stones of reddish sandstone. This sandstone has been excavated from an outcrop, located in a ravine several miles away, and many of the stones had carved wavy lines or chevrons in low relief, considered the oldest examples of architectural decoration. Even more significant was the discovery of twenty sculpted life-size human faces of stone...

An interesting aspect of the site was the evidence of very good health among the Starveco population. There was a striking absence of deformed or diseased bones, and the women were so robustly built that it was difficult to tell their skeletal remains from those of the men.

http://s8int.com/sophis1.html

Tojen said:
Are you guys aware of this archaeological site? It isn't about pyramids, but it's in the same area and could have some relevance. It's from an "anomalies" site which also includes eyewitness accounts of modern dinosaurs (:rolleyes:), so take it as you please. I haven't been able to find anything about it on other web sites, but the archaeologist, Dragoslav Srejovic, seems to be legitimate:

Very good of you to share. Its a bit hard to totally believe a report about a find that is described in a publication (website) which also reports on dinosaurs in the bible and roaming the secret valleys of today.

Egyptians came up with cement before the Romans by about 1000 years or more.

It is mentioned in this write up about the VISOKO, Bosnia site.

VISOKO, Bosnia - An Egyptian geologist said on Wednesday that a hill in central Bosnia appeared to be a primitive human-made pyramid of uncertain age.

Geologist Aly Abd Barakat was sent by Egypt’s government to join the local team researching what Bosnian-born amateur archaeologist Semir Osmanagic says are three 12,000-year-old pyramids — the Bosnian Pyramids of Sun, Moon and Dragon.

“In my opinion, it is a type of pyramid, probably primitive pyramid ... (that) we did not know until now,” Barakat told reporters at the dig on the northeastern side of Visocica hill, where huge stone blocks have been found.

“It is difficult for nature to create blocks like this and oriented in one orientation,” he said, pointing to compact polished blocks.

He added that sand layers between the blocks were the same type of artificial cement used in ancient Egyptian pyramids. Barakat said detailed study was needed to determine the age of the excavated blocks and the type of the material used, and said more Egyptian archaeologists would join the team in Bosnia.

Semir Osmanagic's theory about pyramids in Bosnia has been denounced by local and European archaeologists, who say that ancient civilizations in Europe lived in caves and could not build such structures. But the U.S.-based researcher has invited skeptics to come to Bosnia.

From MSNBC: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12837694/

There's a photo on this MSN site of Mr. Osmanagic with the Egyptian Governmental Geologist, Mr. Aly Abd Barakat checking out those big parallel megaliths that look to be made of composite rock. The Egyptian Govt. Geologist figures there had been a form of cement (similar to the Egyptian cement) used between the behemothes.

Last edited:
Just recently they have discoverd two stone blocks with some ancient writings on it near the pyramid valley in Visoko and they are sent it somewhere for study! Some believe it is a Roman "mile-stone" indicating the distance when they traveled! Anyways, looks very interesting. :confused:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9867/scriptgot0nc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aca said:
Just recently they have discoverd two stone blocks with some ancient writings on it near the pyramid valley in Visoko and they are sent it somewhere for study! Some believe it is a Roman "mile-stone" indicating the distance when they traveled! Anyways, looks very interesting. :confused:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9867/scriptgot0nc.jpg

You're right to look confused! The photographs you've linked us to are of a rock with no scale references. There is either some very weathered evidence of linear carving or some scratches on rock that are left by a recent glaciation of the area. They do seem to form linear parallels with some regular distribution.

Here is a Roman milestone from the days of the Caesars.
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer...ia/Terni/Orvieto/Orvieto/Roman/milestone.html If there are earlier ones (500 bc) they may have had an Etruscan script carved into them but, the script would have looked much like the Roman, using the Greek alpha-numeric script.

Here's an example of the Etruscan script.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/etruscan.htm

The type of rock carving or "petroglyph" I'm used to investigating is usually still in good shape by the time I get to it. That's because they're only from 2000 to 6000 years old.

If the lines carved into the rock in the photographs you have provided are "man made" then the date of the carving must be very ancient... as evidenced by the weathering observed on the rock in the photo.

However, the photographs do not approach the criteria for creating a scientific record. These photographs only serve to motivate the viewer into buying a plane ticket to Visoko... with visions of drinking perfect vodka dancing in their heads!:rofl:

Thanks for the milestone picture carl, been looking for one!:tongue: Anyway, the only reason i came here is because i came across this forum and i thought discussion here would nice and quite, and it is! I am not coming here with intension to fuel interest of traveling to Visoko or anything. I just stop by and with some new photos and that is it!

Aca said:
Thanks for the milestone picture carl, been looking for one!:tongue: Anyway, the only reason i came here is because i came across this forum and i thought discussion here would nice and quite, and it is! I am not coming here with intension to fuel interest of traveling to Visoko or anything. I just stop by and with some new photos and that is it!

Totally appreciated Aca! I don't keep coming to this thread because I'm looking for good vodka or tickets to Bosnia. I'm here because you and Tojen keep contributing to the only knowledge we can get (with out flying there) about what could be a most incredible and ground breaking (excuse the pun) excavation. Thank you dudes!

Here are some "inscriptions" from inside the tunnel that was explored at the site... plus commentary on a blog about the Bosnian Pyramids.

http://www.stuart-hall.com/blog/Bosnianpyramids

Here are the latest photos on the official website from May 20th... a ****load of downloadable photos.

http://www.bosnianpyramids.org/index.php?id=27&lang=en

Looks like Dr Aly Abd Barakat (an expert on Egyptian pyramids who we have discussed) thinks the large blocks on the face of the largest pyramidal hill in Visoko are a type of poured concrete... as we also suspected! God we're good:eek:

"This gives some indication of the massive size of the ancient construction. After studying excavations on the north side of the pyramid, Barakat concludes that the blocks here are handmade and have been created using a mould to form the blocks, which consist of an ancient 'concrete'-like mix. He also noticed a white line some 0.5cm thick between the blocks, indicating a cement-like substance has been used to adhere the blocks together. A similar method has been seen in the construction of the Egyptian pyramids. Barakat went on to visit another excavation site located at the base of Pljesevica Hill, which is named the Bosnian Pyramid of the Moon.

From the same blog as above: http://www.stuart-hall.com/blog/Bosnianpyramids

quantumcarl said:
God we're good:eek:

Well, you're good, but I never thought that was concrete until I saw the link in my last post. Dr. Barakat's opinion reinforced (:uhh:) it though.

Thanks for the link to the inscriptions on the rock. At the bosnian-pyramid.com forums, http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65" claims the inscriptions are runic. And that led me to this amazing book which deserves a thread of its own, but here supports a runic origin for the inscriptions...

The Baltic Origins of Homer's Epic Tales : The Iliad, the Odyssey, and the Migration of Myth

by Felice Vinci

Excerpt (from the Introduction). © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.

Let us now look for the region of Troy. In the Iliad it is located along the Hellespont Sea, which is systematically described as being “wide” or even “boundless.” We can, therefore, exclude the fact that it refers to the Strait of the Dardanelles, where the city found by Heinrich Schliemann lies. The identification of this city with Homer’s Troy still raises strong doubts: we only have to think of Finley’s criticism in the World of Odysseus. In fact, it coincides with the location of the Greco-Roman Troy, but Strabo plainly claims that the latter does not coincide with the Homeric city: “This is not the site of the ancient Ilium.” He also claims that this plain was under the sea in Homeric times (this was confirmed by a drilling made in 1977).

On the other hand, the Danish medieval historian Saxo Grammaticus, in his Gesta Danorum, often mentions a people known as “Hellespontians” and a region called Hellespont, which, strangely enough, seems to be located in the east of the Baltic Sea. Could it be Homer’s Hellespont? We can further identify it with the Gulf of Finland, which is the geographic counterpart of the Dardanelles (as both of them lie northeast of their respective basins). Since Troy, according to the Iliad, lay northeast of the sea (another reason to dispute Schliemann’s location), then it seems reasonable, for the purpose of this research, to look at a region of southern Finland, where the Gulf of Finland joins the Baltic Sea. In this area, west of Helsinki, we find a number of place-names which astonishingly resemble those mentioned in the Iliad and, in particular, the names of the allies of the Trojans: Askainen (Ascanius), Reso (Rhesus), Karjaa (Caria), Nästi (Nastes, the chief of the Carians), Lyökki (Lycia), Tenala (Tenedos), Kiila (Cilla), Kiikoinen (Ciconians), etc. There is also a Padva, which reminds us of Italian Padua, which was founded, according to tradition, by the Trojan Antenor and lies in Veneto. (The “Eneti” or “Veneti” were allies of the Trojans.) What is more, the place-names Tanttala and Sipilä (the mythical King Tantalus, famous for his torment, was buried on Mount Sipylus) indicate that this matter is not only limited to Homeric geography, but seems to extend to the whole world of Greek mythology.

These place-names do not have recent origins, but it is very difficult to establish just how old they are. Unfortunately, all written Finnish and Scandinavian documents, including the most ancient, are relatively too close to our own time, since they do not date back before the year 1000 A.D. Before this date, unlike the Mediterranean world, there is no written evidence available for reconstructing the evolution of place-names. However, they are significant when they are found in clusters, which make cases of accidental resemblance very unlikely, or when they can be linked to geographic, morphologic, and mythological entities. This theory uses place-names mainly as traces or clues, but it is essentially based on the amazing geographic, morphologic, descriptive, and climatic parallels between the Homeric world and the Baltic one, on which Plutarch has given us a lead.

What about Troy? Right in the middle of this area, halfway between Helsinki and Turku, we discover that King Priam’s city has survived the Achaean sack and fire. Its characteristics correspond exactly to those Homer handed down to us: the hilly area that dominates the valley with its two rivers, the plain that slopes down towards the coast, and the highlands in the background. It has even maintained its own name almost unchanged throughout all this time. Today, “Toija” is a peaceful Finnish village, unaware of its glorious and tragic past.

Various trips to these places from July 11, 1992, onward have confirmed the extraordinary correspondence between the Iliad’s descriptions and the area surrounding Toija. What is more, there we come across many significant traces of the Bronze Age. Incredibly, toward the sea we find a place called Aijala, which recalls the “beach” (“aigialós”), where, according to Homer, the Achaeans beached their ships. Besides, the name of the Halikonjoki, the “Haliko River,” which runs 20 km from Toija, is identical to the ancient Greek name “Halikos” of the Platani River in southwestern Sicily, which flows into the sea in an area extremely rich in archaeological remains and mythical records of ancient Greece.

In short, apart from the morphological features of this area, the geographic position of the Finnish Troas fits the mythological directions like a glove. This explains why a “thick fog” often fell on those fighting on the Trojan plain, and Ulysses’ sea is never as bright as that of the Greek islands, but always “grey” and “misty.” Everywhere in the two poems the weather--with its fog, wind, rain, cold temperatures, and snow that falls on the plains and even out to sea--has little in common with the Mediterranean climate; moreover, the Sun and warm temperatures are hardly ever mentioned. In a word, most of the time the weather is unsettled, so much so that the bronze-clad fighting warriors invoke a cloudless sky during the battle. We are far away from the torrid Anatolian lowlands. The way in which Homer’s characters are dressed is in perfect keeping with this kind of climate. They wear tunics and “thick, heavy cloaks” which they never remove, not even during banquets. This attire corresponds exactly to the remains of clothing found in Bronze Age Danish graves, down to such details as the metal brooch that pinned the cloak at the shoulder.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594770522/?tag=pfamazon01-20

And more details here:

It was, therefore, along the Baltic coast that Homer's events took place, presumably about the beginning of the second millennium B.C., when the "climatic optimum" collapsed, before the Achaean migration towards the Mediterranean and the consequent rise of the Mycenaean civilisation in Greece (this explains why any reliable information regarding the author, or authors, of the poems had already been lost before the classical times). The migrants took their epos and geography along with them and attributed the same names they had left behind in their lost homeland to the various places where they eventually settled. This heritage was immortalized by Homer's poems and Greek mythology, which on the one hand has a lot of similarities with the Nordic one, on the other seems to have lost the memory of the great migration from the North (this probably happened after the collapse of the Mycenaean civilisation, around the XII century B.C.). Moreover, they went as far as renaming other Mediterranean regions with corresponding Baltic names, such as Libya, Crete and Egypt, thus creating an enormous "geographical misunderstanding" which has lasted till now.

http://itis.volta.alessandria.it/episteme/ep2vinc2.htm
At the north end of the Baltic Sea is the Gulf of Bothnia...

Bothnia is a Latinization of a name in an ancestral Nordic language from which the current Swedish botten also derives, Väster-botten on the Sweden side and Öster-botten the Finland side ("East Bottom" and "West Bottom"). The -th- in the Latinized word comes from the earlier Germanic letter, thorn. The name of the Finland province in Finnish, Pohjan-maa, or "Pohjan"-land, gives us a hint as to the meaning in both languages: Pohja means both "bottom" and "north."

Botten is believed to be related to English bottom as in bottomland. It might part of a general north European distinction of lowlands, as opposed to highlands, such as in the names Netherlands and Zemaitia (Lithuania) or Samland (Prussia).

A second possibility is that botten follows an alternative Scandic connotation of 'furthermost'. Thus, the Gulf of Bothnia would be the farthest extent of the Ocean.

Julius Pokorny gives the extended Indo-european root as *bhudh-m(e)n with a *bhudh-no- variant, from which also Latin fundus, as in fundament. The original meaning of English north, from Indo-european *ner- "under", indicates an original sense of "lowlands" for "bottomlands". On the other hand, by "North" the classical authors usually meant "outermost", as the northern lands were outermost to them.

Which meaning prevailed is a distinction that may be too precise to determine, especially as European cultures tended to assimilate and exchange cultural elements.

Whether Pohjanmaa translates botten or vice versa is a question for history and archaeology, relating to who settled and named the region first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Bothnia

The first preserved mention of the name "Bosnia" lies in the De Administrando Imperio, a politico-geographical handbook written by Byzantine emperor Constantine VII in 958. The Chronicle of the Priest of Duklja from 1172-1196 also names Bosnia, and references an earlier source from the year 753. The exact meaning and origin of the word is unclear. The most popular theory holds that Bosnia comes from the name of the Bosna river around which it has been historically based. Philologist Anton Mayer proposed a connection with the Indo-European root bos or bogh, meaning "running water". Certain Roman sources similarly mention Bathinus flumen, or the Illyrian word Bosona, both of which would mean "running water" as well. Other theories involve the rare Latin term Bosina, meaning boundary, and possible Slavic origins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia
Whether or not there is a link between the two names is still up in the air, but it sure does seem suspicious.

Another amazing picture from the latest excavation...!

http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/gallery/Excavations/903060pi5.jpg

Tojen said:
Well, you're good, but I never thought that was concrete until I saw the link in my last post. Dr. Barakat's opinion reinforced (:uhh:) it though.

Thanks for the link to the inscriptions on the rock. At the bosnian-pyramid.com forums, http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65" claims the inscriptions are runic. And that led me to this amazing book which deserves a thread of its own, but here supports a runic origin for the inscriptions...
And more details here:At the north end of the Baltic Sea is the Gulf of Bothnia...

Whether or not there is a link between the two names is still up in the air, but it sure does seem suspicious.

You can imagine what the Bosna River looked like.. swollen with 20 trillion gallons of melt water coming off the glaciers of 11,500 years ago. In some areas the water of rivers rose by 1000 feet. This deluge changed the structure and landscape of anything in its path.

Thank you for the info on Homer and so on. I had no idea the Oddessy included a trip up the Baltic! Were there any of those little umbrella drinks available on deck?

The inscriptions from the tunnel do have a runeish quality to them. They also look like arrows pointing in a direction.

Here is an example of the "Old English Futhorc" rune alphabet... there are similarities to what we see in the photo from Sam's site:

http://members.madasafish.com/~cj_whitehound/(un)Familiar/artwork/runes/symbols/futhorc.gif

If the inscriptions in the tunnels are "ruins" then they probably are graffitti... if we believe the Bosnian structures are as old as 12,000 ybp... since the first form of Runes are thought to have occurred around 200 ad.

Yeah, if those are runic characters, they probably are graffiti. It was just a thought. In your link, I didn't see the "E" style character, but I did see the letter "thorn" which gives the "th" sound in Bothnia.

I gather you don't think much of the Baltic origins of Homer's tales story. It's far from proven but assuming the author is being truthful, I find it believable. However, since it probably has nothing to do with the Bothnian pyramids--sorry, I mean Bosnian :smile:--I won't say any more about it.

Tojen said:
Yeah, if those are runic characters, they probably are graffiti. It was just a thought. In your link, I didn't see the "E" style character, but I did see the letter "thorn" which gives the "th" sound in Bothnia.

I gather you don't think much of the Baltic origins of Homer's tales story. It's far from proven but assuming the author is being truthful, I find it believable. However, since it probably has nothing to do with the Bothnian pyramids--sorry, I mean Bosnian :smile:--I won't say any more about it.

I haven't got any thoughts either way on the journeys and tales of journeys from Homer. In fact if the Greeks made visits in that direction it was probably because it was destination worth seeking out.
Perhaps the lure of an exciting man-made wonder, twice the size of the Egyptian wonders is what brought them to Bosnia or Bothnia or at least them thar parts now known as Bosnia.

You are more than welcome to say more about it because that's how we are able to discover the varieties of ways of looking at Mr. Sam O's claim. The whole premise is all rather Earth shattering I must say:bugeye:

Actually, Felice Vinci's theory says that the Greeks didn't visit the Baltic, the stories originated with the northern natives of the time who were later driven south by a change in the climate. Their supposed arrival in the Mediterranean coincides with the appearance of the Mycenean culture (named after Mykines in the Faroe Islands, maybe?) as well as the "sea people", both of which were very Norse-like in their modus operandi. But I doubt they had anything to do with building pyramids. Sam O.'s theory is safe from them, at least.

Tojen said:
Actually, Felice Vinci's theory says that the Greeks didn't visit the Baltic, the stories originated with the northern natives of the time who were later driven south by a change in the climate. Their supposed arrival in the Mediterranean coincides with the appearance of the Mycenean culture (named after Mykines in the Faroe Islands, maybe?) as well as the "sea people", both of which were very Norse-like in their modus operandi. But I doubt they had anything to do with building pyramids. Sam O.'s theory is safe from them, at least.

You never know. The stories about the Golden Fleece and the golden apples, the giants and the various different adventures with the sea and creatures certainly have a Nordic flare to them. I mean a "fleece" is normally associated with a cooler climate.

And who knows if Sam's find was not only a massive pyramid but also a depository of a golden treasures etc... My bet is that the tunnels they've found with the inscripted graffiti in them are the work of robbers and pilferers from the south. Even the Romans camped out there for a few decades... although there was probably nothing left of the treasures by then.

Imagine if the Mycean gold masks, trinkets and sculptures are made from the gold taken from the Bosnian pyramids! Truely the stuff that myths and stories like the Golden Fleece and the Illiad or Oddessy are made of. Thanks dude!

Great to be back!

They have found the main entrance...i still can't believe that no one got interested in this before!

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF6922.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF6942.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF6979.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF7028.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF7051.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF6989.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/050606/DSCF7039.jpg

Aca said:
Great to be back!

They have found the main entrance...i still can't believe that no one got interested in this before!

Aca... thanks for the up-dates... the tunnels hold some blocks that show a great knowledge of masonery.

I have some Bosnian friends claiming Bosnia to be the centre of the birth of Civilization itself because of the find in Visoko!

My own belief is that, because pyramids were built all over the world (and there's proof of that), it must have been done under the influence of one rather prolific civilization. The method of building is different but the coordinates and positioning is always the same with the faces facing all four cardinal points of the compass. The origniators may have actually been centred in Bosnia or they may have been centred elsewhere.

My guess is that the glaciation that was going on in the Bosnian part of Europe pushed who ever was living there out. Any artifacts left behind, other than the 30 ton blocks of stone, have probably been looted and stolen and used elsewhere.

This is such a cool find!

And here is the list and contact info for accommodations in Visoko near the "Valley of the Pyramids" in Bosnia.

(This one's particularly nice looking.. not at all like a motel the way a North American would imagine one...)

Motel Bosanska Piramida Sunca
(ex Hollywood)
Musala br.1
71300 Visoko
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Tel/fax: +387 32 736 302
Mobitel: +387 61 781 341

e-mail: info@motelpiramidasunca.co.ba

web: www.motelpiramidasunca.co.ba

Near-by Sarajevo offers a

suggested accommodation in town Sarajevo Pansion Europa
Aleja Bosne Srebrne br.32
71000 Sarajevo
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Tel: +387 61 356 485
Fax: +387 33 452 460

e-mail: info@pansioneuropa.com

And Sam is inviting all of us to come and be a part of history... not a spectator but ... well... here's what he says!

We invite you to join us in the pioneering phase of this grandiose undertaking, and to be creators, not spectators, of history in the making.

Warm regards,

Sam Osmanagic,
Chairman of Board of Directors

The prehistory and the excavation and all that is really exciting but... for me the most exciting part would be meeting all the people in Bosnia in person... rather than seeing them fleeing tanks and jet bombers or being rounded up and slaughtered like dinner in documentaries or on the news.

Thank you Sam and Aca. Dobrodošli!

Last edited:
There is no pyramids in Bosnia. Offiicials from Country Musesm in Sarajevo (capital of B&H) called Osmanagic complete fraud. Yesterday (9th june) two archeologists from European Union of Archeologists visited Bosnia (not about pyramids but about more serious things) and on their way stopped in Visoko. At the press conference which was organized not about pyramids, but pyramids did became main subject, they declared that there in no human made pyramids in Visoko. Osmanagic is compplete sharlatan.

Nesoxy, can you please provide a link to your story.

Latest News On The Bosnian Pyramid Claim:

Saturday, June 10
Please, how do you find a pyramid in a hill?
by Stuart Hall on Sat 10 Jun 2006 11:17 BST
Nice story from from the Bosnian Pyramid team on one local family's accidental discovery of the pyramid:

Visocica Story

"There were many strange occurrences in the area around Visocica that were shrugged off by locals and have only been explained since the excavations began at the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun. One story involved a local family that, two years ago, started to dig the foundations for their family home. However, they could only dig to a certain depth, where they discovered massive slabs that stopped them going any further.

"They tried again and again to get through the rock, chipping away at the slabs with tools for several days and well into the nights – but found they were having little impact on the stones blocking their work. Eventually, they had to stop their work due to complaints from neighbours – on the other side of the ‘mountain’! The hammering at night had been keeping them awake...

http://www.stuart-hall.com/blog/Bosnianpyramids

We can believe or we can de-bunk these types of claims... but... the best way to confirm our beliefs is by going there in person... if not for the anthropological experience... then for the absolutely incredible vodka and company:tongue2:

iansmith said:
Nesoxy, can you please provide a link to your story.
http://www.zemaljskimuzej.ba
This is link to Country museum of B&H. It is one of most respected museum and in that branch, institution in whole south-east Europe. Most history heritage of Bosnia is there. There is no single word about pyramids.

nesoxy said:
There is no pyramids in Bosnia. Offiicials from Country Musesm in Sarajevo (capital of B&H) called Osmanagic complete fraud. Yesterday (9th june) two archeologists from European Union of Archeologists visited Bosnia (not about pyramids but about more serious things) and on their way stopped in Visoko. At the press conference which was organized not about pyramids, but pyramids did became main subject, they declared that there in no human made pyramids in Visoko. Osmanagic is compplete sharlatan.

Maybe you are Enver or Zilka, maybe you are ustasa or chetnik!

Those "archelogists" were called by Enver Imamovic and Zilka Kujundzic, two Bosnian "archelogists" who are becoming dangeorusly jelous about the discovery so they are doing everything to stop the project! It was nice to spend years in the air-conditioned government funded office jerking off and massaging your clit Zilka (i apologize for the language moderator)...but now you have to accept the truth! You have to roll up the sleevs and apologize to Semir and ask him if you could be part of the excavation group! I am sure he will find something for you to do; bring water and food to the workers for the start!:rofl:

I don't have to explain anything else...

here are newest pictures from the Bosnian pyramid of the sun...and you tell me that's not human made...man i would slap you so hard you would not remember your name for a few days! I respect opinions of others, ofcourse, but this person here is not sharing an opinion but he/she is rather provoking!

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_10.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_5.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s10_7.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/img10f.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_12.jpg

Btw, Carl thanks for your support and others' as well!

Aca said:
Maybe you are Enver or Zilka, maybe you are ustasa or chetnik!

Those "archelogists" were called by Enver Imamovic and Zilka Kujundzic, two Bosnian "archelogists" who are becoming dangeorusly jelous about the discovery so they are doing everything to stop the project! It was nice to spend years in the air-conditioned government funded office jerking off and massaging your clit Zilka (i apologize for the language moderator)...but now you have to accept the truth! You have to roll up the sleevs and apologize to Semir and ask him if you could be part of the excavation group! I am sure he will find something for you to do; bring water and food to the workers for the start!:rofl:

I don't have to explain anything else...

here are newest pictures from the Bosnian pyramid of the sun...and you tell me that's not human made...man i would slap you so hard you would not remember your name for a few days! I respect opinions of others, ofcourse, but this person here is not sharing an opinion but he/she is rather provoking!

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_10.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_5.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s10_7.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/img10f.jpg
http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/100606/piramidamjeseca_s1_12.jpg

Btw, Carl thanks for your support and others' as well!

I don't know how Zilka gets off on a personal level but her collection of artifacts at the National Museum is interesting. I am directing your attention to a collection of figurines that have a Mesopotamian/Egyptian and even Sumerian quality to them. They are carved from Agate or some other semi precious stone in a southern manner rather than in the manner I would expect from Bosnia.

http://www.zemaljskimuzej.ba/images/arheologija/neolit_butmir.htm

Aca, I thought the photos you've posted are from one of the lesser sites.

:::I have concerns about Sam's method of excavation and I think there have been other people expressing similar concerns.

There seems to be a big rush to uncover what is thought to be a large structure that's over a metre under several layers of substrate and loam (dirt and debris).

The modern techniques of Archaeology demand methodical removal of each layer and a total screening of the substrate removed to catch stray smaller artifacts.

I don't see any screens or piles of screened dirt. Sam may be inadvertently be destroying evidence of other cultures in his hurry to prove the existence of one, single culture. This is not a good idea because one can find clues to the people before and after... and ideas that help fill the picture of what's been going on in Visoko during history and pre-history.

If there are cedar and other highly acidic trees in the region then most of any bone material has disintegrated. But one must still take great care when excavating and find all evidence (to within a few millimetres of size) of culture on the way through the top soils to the facing of the pyramid... if that's what it is.

And it does look like a facing of some kind. Here are more recent photos of the "composite" type blocks Sam's dug up.

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=54

Imagine the Trillion Gallons of water that hit these "hills" during glacial melt down. Any superficial facing would have been cracked and dislodged... probably sliding down the faces of a structure. Is this what we're seeing in these photos?

Ofcourse the collection she has at the museum is interesting! But every artifact you see in that museum is not her work nor did she recovered it! But that's not the point; the point is that they are using every method possible to stop the excavation project! Why?

Haven't they seen the latest pictures (i mean the latest carl, they are unbelieveble) and yet they keep pressuring the idea that decorating floors we can see on the pictures are ruins from the old Bosnian city! OK! How do you explain the fact that it is now burried two meters under soil? The ancient Bosnian city that sits on top was not build before 1200's, and until know that period of time is definately not long enough to forget that kind of Earth movement or whatever happened to burry it two meters under soil!

Since the world's best archeologists have denied Osmanagic's claim for now mr. Osmanagic is the best we've got so far!

Aca said:
Ofcourse the collection she has at the museum is interesting! But every artifact you see in that museum is her work nor did she recovered it! But that's not the point; the point is that they are using every method possible to stop the excavation project! Why?

Haven't they seen the latest pictures (i mean the latest carl, they are unbelieveble) and yet they keep pressuring the idea that decorating floors we can see on the pictures are ruins from the old Bosnian city! OK! How do you explain the fact that it is now burried two meters under soil? The ancient Bosnian city that sits on top was not build before 1200's, and until know that period of time is definately not long enough to forget that kind of Earth movement or whatever happened to burry it two meters under soil!

Since the world's best archeologists have denied Osmanagic's claim for now mr. Osmanagic is the best we've got so far!

I didn't realize there was such thing as the "best archaeologist in the world". Is there a Best Archaeologist's Awards Show where they hand out a golden toothbrush or flatnosed shovel?

As long as Sam and his contingent can hold off the Jet Bombers and any other destructive influences trying to physically destroy his insightful discovery... it won't be long before we know exactly what is hidden by the metre of dirt and the trees of the Visko hills!

Cool Aca! If you go back to Bosnia please say hi for me and mention the modern method of uncovering an archaeological masterpiece such as this. Screen the dirt for miniscule artifacts. Record where evidences are found... at what level and in what position to other features.

If the excavation is done in accordance with international standards there'll be less in-coming B***S*** from the archaeological community interests. Peace now!

Bosnian Pyramids Known about for a long time in Yukoslavia

Hey Aca...

Why didn't you say?

My friend from Croatia just said that the pyramids have been known about in former Yukoslavia for decades. Its only Sam who is cashing in on the beauties!

Everyone used to talk about it but no one ever excavated them. It wasn't until the Sarijavo (sp) Olympics that some people started to wonder what the locals were talking about.

This sort of Local Knowledge fits right in with my philosophy. Let the locals do the archaeology... they are the "best archaeologists" in the world to do the work because they have all the information about the area.

quantumcarl said:
Hey Aca...

Why didn't you say?

My friend from Croatia just said that the pyramids have been known about in former Yukoslavia for decades. Its only Sam who is cashing in on the beauties!

Everyone used to talk about it but no one ever excavated them. It wasn't until the Sarijavo (sp) Olympics that some people started to wonder what the locals were talking about.

This sort of Local Knowledge fits right in with my philosophy. Let the locals do the archaeology... they are the "best archaeologists" in the world to do the work because they have all the information about the area.

Yeah! You are right! The locals seem to know much more then anyone else! I think it was at the end of 1970's when the JNA (Yugoslav National Army) came and mined the two biggest opening on Visocica! The locals who are now relatively old could tell you when they were kids they used to go very deep inside tunnels and some said we could hear like a huge amounts of water passing through! I can't wait to go there again!

But it was "someones" plan not to outspread the word.

Aca said:
Yeah! You are right! The locals seem to know much more then anyone else! I think it was at the end of 1970's when the JNA (Yugoslav National Army) came and mined the two biggest opening on Visocica! The locals who are now relatively old could tell you when they were kids they used to go very deep inside tunnels and some said we could hear like a huge amounts of water passing through! I can't wait to go there again!

But it was "someones" plan not to outspread the word.

There are people writing total, flat, outright criticisms of Sam's work and there are people from around the world actually, physically going to Visoko to help him excavate.

The claims coming from the critics are just as baseless as the claims being made on the Bosnian Pyramid site. We need properly excavated proof and tickets to Bosnia.

As I have already pointed out: the site must be excavated with respect for all the previous cultures that have inhabited that area. There are specific methods to use in going about this.

Doing so and using these methods will generate a calm in the Archaeological community about this claim to discovery and Sam may even see a contribution of support from the "officials"... instead of receiving armchair rhetoric and widespread literary claims of fraud, misrepresentation and opportunism.

Thank you​

Archaeological excavation involves meticulous recording of the location of all artifacts, fossils, and other items of interest. How this information will be recorded is established at the beginning of a dig. Researchers commonly use a grid system to record the objects found in a site. A grid system is anchored to a baseline called a datum point. The datum point serves as the center of reference for the location of artifacts, other remains, and features of the terrain. By using such a system, archaeologists can record the precise horizontal position of any find, however small, with reference to other objects in the dig. They also record the precise vertical location of each object, according to the geological and occupation layers in which they are buried.

Using computerized recording equipment and three-dimensional plots, researchers can recreate a site on a computer screen for analysis. Computer-based mapping systems, such as GIS, aid archaeologists in creating precise surveys of major sites and in reconstructing the design of ruined buildings down to intricate architectural features.

The details of excavation methods vary from one site to the next, but the basic principles of careful recording and precise archaeological methods remain the same everywhere—on land or in water, for the excavation of a 2-million-year-old site or a 19th-century city neighborhood. Many archaeologists distinguish between three general forms of excavation: test pits, vertical excavations, and horizontal excavations. Test pits are small holes dug at spaced intervals to establish the extent of a site. Vertical excavations are trenches dug to the depth of sterile bedrock (bedrock that contains little or no organic or human-made material). Vertical excavations establish dates and sequences of human occupation of a site. Horizontal excavations cover large areas of land and provide information on the layout of entire campsites, villages, or city precincts. Modern horizontal excavations involve numerous small digs to reduce damage to the archaeological record.

From: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761572159_6/Archaeology.html

It makes sense to follow these rules. I don't see any evidence of these methods being followed in the hills of Bosnia.

Well Carl, as long as they are not using a dynamite to uncover the patches they might not destroy a lot of evidence! So who what are they supposed to do? The officials (domestic and foreign) are laughing at his discovery, droping every claim about the discovery, calling him "sharlatan" and other bad names.

Mr. Osmanagic has called the officials again to join him but no answer! Is he supposed to stop the project? With a showel over his shoulder, quitetly whistling, walk down the hill and stop it all right there!

The reason why i am so exited is not only because the site is in Bosnia but because i LOVE history, I love archeology and i am so desprate to know the builders of these structures!

There's an amateur video online of climbing to the top, or near the top, of the pyramid. It doesn't show much archaeologically, but I got a good sense of how big the thing is.

[MEDIA=youtube]-JigXhEZRuE[/MEDIA]&search=visoko[/URL]

And in case you haven't seen it yet, there's a report available online in .pdf format that might clear up a thing or two:

[QUOTE]Measurements made by the Geodetic Institute of Bosnia and Herzegovina suggest that northern portion of Visocica/Bosnian Pyramid of Sun is forming geometric feature of triangle, with equal sides of 365 meters and inner angles of 60 degrees.

Measurements made by the Geodetic Institute of Bosnia and Herzegovina indicate that the sides of Visocica/Bosnian Pyramid of Sun are exactly aligned with the cardinal sides [directions] of the world (north-south, east-west), which is one of the characteristics often noted with the existing pyreamids. North side of the mound is oriented towards stellar north (like the Great Pyramid of Egypt), in parallel with the position of the North Star.

Analysis of satellite imagery suggested that the three main pyramids in the Bosnian Pyramid VAlley form an equilateral triangle. The independent verification of this hypothesis came from the Katdastral Office from the County of Visoko, who after precise GPS measurements of the hilltops determined that all angles are symmetric (60 degrees) and that the distances among all three hilltops are the same.

...the mound was hit by artillery fire in the course of war operations in Bosnia between 1992-95.

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/images/pdf/Bosnian%20pyramidsScientificReportMay2006.pdf[/QUOTE]

The report also includes a topographical map showing the five suspect hills. It's no wonder there's been confusion over their alignment. The outermost three appear to form an equilateral triangle, or at least close to it. Another set of three hills is aligned as in the belt of Orion. The arrangement of the other two suggests, if you turn the map upside down, the sword of Orion, though that's more of a stretch.

The last picture shows a sandstone slab in a tunnel being cleared of rubble with a shovel. Isn't that a bit crude for an archaeological dig?

[QUOTE=Aca]this person here is not sharing an opinion but he/she is rather provoking![/QUOTE]

Well, he/she is provoking you, anyway, and it's working. Your post was the most tasteless I've seen on these forums.

Well, ofcourse it's tasteless for you!:wink:

There is no pyramids in Bosnia. Offiicials from Country Musesm in Sarajevo (capital of B&H) called Osmanagic complete fraud. Yesterday (9th june) two archeologists from European Union of Archeologists visited Bosnia (not about pyramids but about more serious things) and on their way stopped in Visoko. At the press conference which was organized not about pyramids, but pyramids did became main subject, they declared that there in no human made pyramids in Visoko. Osmanagic is compplete sharlatan and people like Aca are the same lost like Osmanagic himself. And the worst and the sadest thing is that nationalists from bosnian muslims corpus are using pyramids in their everyday attacks on other two nations in bosnia. Last time i put this post iansmith (I supouse that he colud be some moderator) told me to put some links maybe like some kind of evidence or proof. serious media in bosnia and region are very carefull and suspicious about pyramids. they are not in rush to pubilsh every word which ocures about it, especilaly those comming from eskavation site from osmanagic crew. but when some respected scientist like that one in links belowe says something, it is broadcast all over the world. I live here (in B&H) and me, and many more normal people which are reasonable nonnationalist but patriots don't believe in pyramids. I would be very, very happy that pyramids exists in my country, who wouldn't. that can mean more money for everyone and more imoprtant, positive promotion of my country in world. I am very sad that with this "pyramids" nationalists are making bosnia again
subject to laugh.:((

http://english.pravda.ru/news/world/09-06-2006/81816-Bosnia-0
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2061081
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060610/ap_on_sc/bosnia_pyramid_controversy
http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20060609/4488f240_3ca6_1552620060609-982050277
http://www.archaeology.eu.com/weblog/
http://archaeoastronomy.co.uk/2006/04/26/final-thoughts-on-bosnian-pyramid/so! for everyone coming here on this forum, BE Carefulll! like I said bosnian muslims nationalists are using pyramids, (which don't exists but it their confused evil minds manipulated by complete fraud and sharlatan Osmanagic, and many more local nationalist) for promotion of their evil nationalism polluted vision of bosnia and herzegovina.

Back