Why N.O. Saints are America's New Team

• Thread starter ndnkyd
  • Start date
In summary, Lisa is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and is not happy that the Saints have been labeled as America's new team. She does not think that either Dallas or New Orleans can replace the Cowboys as America's team. She is excited for the Saints, but has doubts about their ability to make the playoffs next year. She thinks that Chuck Yeager is a nice man and that he may have French ancestry.
ndnkyd
I live in Baton Rouge, work in New Orleans, from LA. I was born a Saints fan so you can imagine my excitement. I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
No. I will not have my country associated with the french in any way, shape or form.

Freakin' French! :mad:

so you can imagine my excitement.
Not really. Unless you bet on them, I don't see how you benefit from it at all, thus I don't know what there is to be excited about.

leroyjenkens said:
Not really. Unless you bet on them, I don't see how you benefit from it at all, thus I don't know what there is to be excited about.

Are you a Vulcan or something? :wink:

It's pretty common to share in the joy/excitement of the success of one's favorite team, player, organization, etc.

ndnkyd said:
I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.

Well, I have my doubts that either Dallas or New Orleans could replace http://www.usacurl.org/curlingrocks//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=734&Itemid=39 as America's Team.

Still, I'm kind of impressed that people from Dallas and New Orleans even know what ice is.

MotoH said:
No. I will not have my country associated with the french in any way, shape or form.

Your bitterness will not change the culture of the region.

MotoH said:

Freakin' French! :mad:

Why don't you go to France and learn about it first-hand before you make any sort of proclamaitons? Or at the very least, read a book about it.

ndnkyd said:
I live in Baton Rouge, work in New Orleans, from LA. I was born a Saints fan so you can imagine my excitement. I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.

Congrats to the Saints and New Orleans!

Dallas was America's team? Maybe South America. :biggrin: Dallas has always been one of my least favorite teams.

Last edited:
Actually, my dad lives in Baton Rouge, so I had to root for New Orleans just because he did.

Although he is kind of fickle. Until this year, he rooted for Indianapolis. If New Orleans had a mediocre team, at least he could root for a team quarterbacked by the son of a great New Orleans quarterback. I was kind of wondering which team he would wind up rooting for - Peyton Manning or the Saints.

Personally, it's Broncos all the way, for me.

lisab said:
Why don't you go to France and learn about it first-hand before you make any sort of proclamaitons? Or at the very least, read a book about it.
Lisa, you've just flitted away 30 seconds of your life - still got a long ways to go to catch up with me though!

PS: I wouldn't mind making a few proclamaitons myself. They sound sexy, in a French kind of way.

All the French know about is building cities underwater and loosing wars!

Freaking French!:grumpy:

The Dallas Cowboys are and have always been America's Team. The Saints will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

MotoH said:

Wow...you are kind of retarded huh. It was nice of PF to let you tag along though wasn't it? They are so compassionate.; it really warms the heart.

MotoH said:
I must say we are all terribly grateful that they won in 1775–1783, otherwise we would be forced to play silly football as well.

"levee", from the French word levée (from the feminine past participle of the French verb lever, "to raise") - doesn't say anything about making them watertight?
Tip for next time, get the Dutch in - terribly nice people and they do a very good job of making your country waterproof.

The Dutch may be able to make things watertight, but they sure. . . Well I really have nothing bad to say about the Dutch. Nice people really.

MotoH said:

What do you think about Chuck Yeager?

berkeman said:
What do you think about Chuck Yeager?

Well he did break the sound barrier, so he seems like a nice man.

Does he have French ancestry?

Don't like French people? The don't come to Maine for a vacation. Many of us are descended from the French traders and trappers that colonized Canada and intermarried with Indian women. The Cajuns (Acadians) that populate Louisiana started out in the Maritimes until they were driven out by the British.

BTW, if the French had not provided financial support to the colonists and supplied them with nice Charleville muskets, you'd be sipping tea and singing God Save the Queen. Learning a little American history can take you a long way...

MotoH said:
Well he did break the sound barrier, so he seems like a nice man.

Does he have French ancestry?

Not that I know of. But he says he owes his life to the French, and doesn't appreciate the anti-French attitude of some Americans.

I went to a talk that General Yeager gave recently at the Aerospace Museum of California in Sacramento (at McClellan AFB).

http://www.aerospacemuseumofcalifornia.org/

The subject of his being shot down in WW2 in enemy territory came up, and he got pretty emotional about the month he spent getting out of France with the help of the French Underground. He says that he would never have made it out alive without their help, and that they were risking their lives significanly by helping him.

I'd recommend that you not display your disdain for the French in front of General Yeager, if you ever happen to meet him. He's still flying fighter jets in his 80's, BTW.

Hearing him talk sure gave me a new perspective on the French.

/sigh.

I have no problem with the French. Making fun of the French is a past time. Somewhat like all Ozies being criminals, all French are sissies.

Sorry if I offended a Frenchman. Well wouldn't it prove that the French are sissies if a Frenchman was offended? :confused:

Anyways, the Vikings are Americas team. They work their way up to something great, and end up fumbling in the end.

MotoH said:
Anyways, the Vikings are Americas team.
Ah yes, the people that discovered America but had the good taste not to mention it.

The Vikings were kinda A-holes about those types of things.

All they did was rape and pillage, rape and pillage. Wouldn't that get old after a while?

MotoH said:

All they did was rape and pillage, rape and pillage. Wouldn't that get old after a while?

The French, The Vikes...I bet the list of peoples you dislike goes on.

turbo-1 said:
BTW, if the French had not provided financial support to the colonists and supplied them with nice Charleville muskets, you'd be sipping tea and singing God Save the Queen. Learning a little American history can take you a long way...

You say that like its a bad thing to be sipping tea!

MotoH said:

Nope.

MotoH said:
The Dutch may be able to make things watertight, but they sure. . . Well I really have nothing bad to say about the Dutch. Nice people really.

Wish we could say the same for you, but alas.

1. Why do people consider the N.O. Saints to be America's new team?

There are a few reasons why the N.O. Saints are often referred to as America's new team. First, they have a strong and passionate fanbase that extends beyond just New Orleans, with supporters all over the country. Secondly, the team has had a lot of success in recent years, winning their first Super Bowl in 2009 and consistently making it to the playoffs. Finally, the Saints have become known for their resilience and ability to overcome adversity, making them a favorite underdog team for many Americans.

2. What sets the N.O. Saints apart from other NFL teams?

One thing that sets the N.O. Saints apart from other NFL teams is their unique culture and identity. The city of New Orleans has a rich history and vibrant culture, and the Saints have embraced that in their team identity. They are known for their signature "Who Dat" chant and incorporating elements of Mardi Gras and jazz into their games. Additionally, the Saints have a strong sense of community and have been heavily involved in the rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Katrina.

3. How has the N.O. Saints' success impacted the city of New Orleans?

The success of the N.O. Saints has had a significant impact on the city of New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina, the team became a symbol of hope and resilience for the city. The Saints' success on the field has also brought a sense of unity and pride to the city, helping to heal the wounds of the disaster. The team's involvement in community initiatives and charitable efforts has also had a positive impact on the city and its residents.

4. What makes the N.O. Saints' fanbase so dedicated and passionate?

The N.O. Saints have a dedicated and passionate fanbase for a few reasons. First, the team has a strong connection with the city of New Orleans and its people, who are known for their love of football. Additionally, the Saints have a history of overcoming obstacles and adversity, which has only strengthened the loyalty of their fans. The team also has a reputation for being welcoming and inclusive, making fans feel like they are a part of the Saints family.

5. How has the N.O. Saints' rise to success impacted the rest of the NFL?

The N.O. Saints' rise to success has had a significant impact on the rest of the NFL. The team's unique culture and identity have influenced other teams to embrace their own city's culture and traditions. The Saints' success has also shown that small-market teams can compete and win against larger-market teams. Additionally, the team's community involvement and philanthropic efforts have set an example for other teams to follow, promoting a sense of giving back to their respective communities.