Silly slogans and other lame ideas

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary: StarbucksIn summary, Washington's new state slogan designed to attract tourism is said to be "brain attack" instead of "stroke". These people make good money and are pathetic.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Washington's new state slogan designed to attract tourism

Say WA
pronounced like "say wah"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some genuises recently went through hospitals and concluded that the word "stroke" sounds bad, so instead they suggested that it be called a "brain attack" - no kidding! And these people make really good money - pathetic.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:

Say WA
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Say what? You're kidding. Say WA? I wouldn't even know what that means.

Some genuises recently went through hospitals and concluded that the word "stroke" sounds bad, so instead they suggested that it be called a "brain attack" - no kidding! And these people make really good money - pathetic.
Oh my. No. This is depressing.

Ivan Seeking said:

Say WA

This sounds absurd to me, but I have a bad track record with predicting what sorts of ideas will take off. So, giving it the benefit of a doubt, it could be that someone has determined there are huge numbers of people who, like PF member Pengwuino are insatiably fascinated by stupid people and will flock in droves to examine first hand the residents of any state that has chosen such a slogan for itself.

I could be wrong. It could be the plan is to attract droves of thoughtful, concerned people who will see this state slogan as a cry for help, and rush there to dispense random therapeutic advice.

Last edited:
Reminds of the time the time that I was under contract and swore not to use or say the word "Wahoo". This product was so brillantly named that is was going flood the market.

Has anyone ever bought Wahoos?

My reputation precedes me

Evo said:

Oh my. No. This is depressing.
It's worse than that. Somebody actually got paid for that pathetic piece of unimagination. :yuck:

"WA sup" would have been better. :yuck: :rofl: :biggrin: :tongue2:

I need to get myself deported. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
:rofl: I'm trying to figure out if the pronunciation is more like, "Say Wahhhh"...as in :cry: or "Say, wuh?" as in :confused:

I can't believe someone got paid to come up with that, and other people got paid to decide it was a keeper. :bugeye:

There was a radiator shop that advertised as "the best place in town to take a leak".

A local gas station - owned by a Korean Amercian who hadn't quite mastered the language - once advertised: Free Break Checks.

Tsu and I used to work for Mobile Computerized Tomographic Services - the very first mobile CAT Scan systems - which offered "good head and better body scans".

edit: yes I can spell advertised

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
There was a radiator shop that avertised as "the best place in town to take a leak".

Tsu and I used to work for Mobile Computerized Tomographic Services - the very first mobile CAT Scan systems - which offered "good head and better body scans".
Now those are great slogans! :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
A certain, but rather bold, way of eliminating the boredom of getting a CT scan, yes.

Last edited:
How about "Open up your wallet and say WA."

Man! The creative juices are just flowing like mad. I wonder what slogans didn't make the cut?

Fred, can you post a larger picture of your avatar? It looks cute.

Is that a hamster in the Karate Kid crane/flamingo stance?

Here's my Washington slogan: Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from this state.

Or: Come because you overshot Portland, stay because the highway flooded.

I saw a picture two polotical election sign's that said "Jhon Staright and Robert Gay".I wonder who's idea was that put those to signs toghter.

Funny but I can't find the WA thing online. This was reported on KGW - the local NBC affiliate. I wonder if the reaction was so negative that it was pulled. That's hard to imagine! Also reported was the Oregon slogan: "We love dreamers". Never knew that one.

Other lame ideas, IMO:
folding underwear...why?
two-way roads.
The G-Whiz
most forms of cosmetic surgery
public toilet paper dispensers that limit a user to one sheet per pull
infotainment
Interns and residents [doctors] working 100+ hours a week
Teenage drivers
In most applications, riding lawn mowers
a rabbit that leaves colored eggs in the yard
Coffee at $4.00 a pop - so much for my opinion

1. What are silly slogans and why are they considered lame?

Silly slogans are short and catchy phrases that are often used in advertising or marketing campaigns. They are considered lame because they are often overused, lack originality, and do not effectively convey a message or idea.

2. Are there any benefits to using silly slogans?

While silly slogans may not be the most effective way to convey a message, they can still have some benefits. They can be memorable and help create brand recognition. They can also add a touch of humor to a campaign, which can make it more relatable to the audience.

3. How can I come up with a silly slogan that is not lame?

Coming up with a successful silly slogan requires creativity and originality. Instead of relying on cliches, try to think outside the box and come up with something unique. It can also be helpful to involve others in the brainstorming process to get different perspectives and ideas.

4. Can silly slogans be harmful to a brand or product?

In some cases, yes. If a silly slogan is offensive or insensitive, it can damage the reputation of a brand or product. Additionally, if the silly slogan is not well-crafted or does not align with the brand's values or messaging, it can be seen as inauthentic and harm the brand's credibility.

5. Are there any alternative options to using silly slogans?

Yes, there are many other creative and effective ways to convey a message or promote a brand. Some alternatives include using storytelling, creating visually appealing campaigns, or focusing on the unique features or benefits of a product. It ultimately depends on the goals and target audience of the campaign.