Failing Physics. Need Dire Help. PLEASE

In summary, to find the net work done on the wheelbarrow, you need to calculate the work done by the worker and the work done by friction and add them together. Remember that friction acts in opposition to the motion, so it will have a negative value.
josher1289
A worker pushes a wheelbarrow with a horizontal force of 50.0N over a level distance of 5.0m. If a frictional force of 43N acts on the wheelbarrow in a direction opposite to that of the worker, what net work is done on the wheelbarrow?

how would i go about solving this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
By looking up the definition of work.

josher1289, you'll probably find more help in the homework help section.

Your threads probably going to get moved there soon, just warning you.

Anyway The net work is the total work done on the object(obviously). So find the work done by the person pushing the barrow and the work done by friction and add them up to get the net work. Remember that friction acts in opposition to the motion. What does this mean?

1. Why am I failing physics?

Failing physics can be due to a variety of reasons including not understanding the material, not studying enough, or not seeking help when needed. It is important to identify the root cause of your struggles and address it in order to improve your grades.

2. What can I do to improve my physics grade?

Some strategies to improve your physics grade include seeking help from a tutor or teacher, reviewing class notes and textbook material regularly, practicing problems, and actively participating in class discussions and activities.

3. How can I better understand difficult physics concepts?

If you are struggling to understand certain physics concepts, try breaking them down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also try watching online tutorials or videos, seeking help from your teacher or classmates, or using visual aids to help you visualize the concepts.

4. What resources are available to help me with physics?

There are many resources available to help you with physics, such as textbooks, online tutorials, study groups, and tutoring services. Your school may also have a learning center or academic support services that can assist you in improving your understanding of the subject.

5. How can I stay motivated in physics when I am struggling?

It can be challenging to stay motivated when you are struggling in a subject. Some tips for staying motivated in physics include setting achievable goals, rewarding yourself for progress, finding a study partner or group, and reminding yourself of the potential benefits of understanding physics.