What types of accessories can I use to grip materials with a force gauge?

• Thread starter Mercus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Force
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a force tester and the need for accessories to grip materials for an analysis of their strength. The company that makes the force gauge offers various accessories, such as a C-clamp or Roller Grip, and it is also suggested to look into using a Torbal brand test stand. A helpful subpage with more information on these accessories is also mentioned.
Mercus
I use this type of force tester: http://www.qualityforcegauges.com/force-gauges/
I’d like to ask you how I can replace some accesories to force gauges. I mean what type of tools (grip) I can use instead of chrome vise grip?. I need use some grip to make an analysis of materials strength (like a leather, jeans etc.) for my study but I don’t have any idea what type of device use to grip materials with fore gauge. Have you any idea?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Mercus-

In viewing their website, it seems that the company that makes your force gauge sells a variety of accessories. I would look at the C-clamp or even Roller Grip if that would work. I believe I have seen others use this brand, Torbal, with a test stand too. Hope this helps! :)

Heres' the subpage I found http://www.torbalscales.com/industrial/force-gauges/test-stand-attachments.html

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a grip of force gauge?

A grip of force gauge is a device used to measure the amount of force required to pull or push an object. It consists of two jaws or grips that hold the object in place and a force gauge that measures the force exerted on the object.

How does a grip of force gauge work?

A grip of force gauge works by applying a controlled force to an object and measuring the amount of force required to move or break the object. The grips hold the object in place while the force gauge measures the force applied. The results are displayed on a digital or analog scale.

What are the different types of grips used in force gauges?

There are various types of grips used in force gauges, including wedge grips, vise grips, and pneumatic grips. Wedge grips are used for flat materials, vise grips for round materials, and pneumatic grips for fragile materials. The type of grip used depends on the material being tested and the required accuracy of the measurement.

What factors affect the accuracy of a grip of force gauge?

The accuracy of a grip of force gauge can be affected by several factors, including the condition of the grips, the alignment of the grips, and the calibration of the force gauge. It is important to regularly maintain and calibrate the grips to ensure accurate measurements.

What are the applications of grip of force gauges?

Grip of force gauges are commonly used in industries such as manufacturing, aerospace, and automotive to test the strength and durability of materials and products. They are also used in research and development to measure the force required to break or deform materials.