Origin of Universe: Big Bang Theory

In summary: The space itself is undefined. It is an empty space that is theorically a vacuum because the laws of physics do not apply to it. This space exists as a contributing part of the universe because it is connected to the rest of the universe.
Supernovah
-Bearing in mind i ask this based on a theory of the big bang.

Could all existent matter have been packed into a single atom of infinite energy levels, meaning as the universe 'expands' it is actually losing energy and will eventually be infinitly large and contain no energy?

Physics news on Phys.org
oh and a further thought, on the same train of thought...
Does this mean that there is a maximum possible age to the universe based on the ratio of energy loss from the bigbang - till now - till the energy the universe (as a mass entity) contains is = to 0?. Does this mean the universe will 'live' forever?

crap...

I need to read some stuff then i might change what I am confused about - BTW I am no physicist or anything, just a student so there are most definately a lot of things i am clueless of that will make my suggestion ludacrous or even moronic to the poeple of this forum =D

Supernovah said:

Could all existent matter have been packed into a single atom of infinite energy levels, meaning as the universe 'expands' it is actually losing energy and will eventually be infinitly large and contain no energy?

Not without energy but the "absense" of energy. It would be nothing and something at the same time but not in the same spot all at the same time and everything.

I bet right now, someone with an expansive knowledge is thinking 'haha this newbie has no idea' and that's the truth, I am just thinking - Put some Theoratical law into this which makes my idea impossible

Supernovah said:

Why would the fact that the universe 'expands' mean that it loses energy? The "energy density" would decrease but the total energy remain the same.

Supernovah said:
I bet right now, someone with an expansive knowledge is thinking 'haha this newbie has no idea' and that's the truth, I am just thinking - Put some Theoratical law into this which makes my idea impossible

Do you have any retorts or are you really a newb?

I have my ideas do you have yours?

If you don't then why help waste my time?

yes...

Yeah energy density i guess is what I am referring to, though that isn't really a commonly used term i guess... what i mean is if the universe became infinitly large, then the density of energy would be infinitly small, and such the quantity of space with no energy would vastly increase. At the stage where this largness is at its threshold (if there is one) is it possible to distinguish what it is or if there is one?
I would assume at that point, the universe becomes elastic and its boundaries become flexable creating a very similar to 'dynamic' outer boundaries of the Universe. However it would no be able to pass that point and as it gets nearer, more energy is pulling together than the universe has energy to expand.
Edit: this is what would create the dynamic state
added: This space is theoratically a vacuum, how does it exist as a contributing part of the universe?

Last edited:

What is the Big Bang Theory?

The Big Bang Theory is a scientific explanation for the origin of the universe. It proposes that the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, and expanded rapidly about 13.8 billion years ago. This expansion is still ongoing and is the reason for the universe's continued growth and evolution.

What evidence supports the Big Bang Theory?

There are several pieces of evidence that support the Big Bang Theory. One of the most significant is the observation of the cosmic microwave background radiation, which is the remnant heat from the initial expansion of the universe. Other evidence includes the abundance of light elements and the redshift of galaxies, both of which align with the predictions of the Big Bang Theory.

What happened during the Big Bang?

According to the Big Bang Theory, the universe began as an extremely hot and dense point called a singularity. This singularity exploded and expanded rapidly, creating space, time, and matter. As the universe cooled, particles began to form, eventually leading to the formation of atoms, stars, and galaxies.

What is the role of dark matter and dark energy in the Big Bang Theory?

Dark matter and dark energy are both crucial components of the Big Bang Theory. Dark matter is believed to make up about 27% of the universe and helps explain the observed gravitational effects on galaxies. Dark energy is thought to make up about 68% of the universe and is responsible for the current accelerating expansion of the universe.

What are some current theories about what caused the Big Bang?

There are several theories about the cause of the Big Bang, but the most widely accepted is the idea of inflation. Inflation proposes that the universe underwent a rapid period of expansion in its earliest moments due to a repulsive force generated by a hypothetical particle called the inflaton. Other theories include the cyclical model, which suggests that the universe goes through cycles of expansion and contraction, and the multiverse theory, which proposes that our universe is just one of many existing universes.