Hutchison on the History Channel?

In summary, the History Channel aired a show about black holes and John Hutchison, a crackpot. John Hutchison is a theorist and he spoke on the show. The History Channel is just trying to appeal to the public. It is a commercial entity designed to make money. It does not have to be scientifically rigorous, it just has to be entertaining. Thank you.
moose
Hutchison on the History Channel?

WHAT THE HELL?!?!??!??!?

You guys have probably heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hutchison" [Broken], the crackpot responsible for the hutchison effect. Today I was watching the History Channel, and there was some show about black holes and the possibility of black holes being here on earth! What pissed me off, was that they had John Hutchison speaking about it! They called him a "Theorist" I believe. What the f**k is wrong with the History Channel?

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=221446 [Broken]

The History Channel said:
Explore with us the wonders and mysteries of the Black Holes in our universe. Is it possible that areas on Earth might, in fact, show black hole like tendencies? We take a hard scientific look at an area known as the Bermuda Triangle to see if there are indeed any similarities between the supposed forces in the triangle and the destructive force of a black hole. From a research boat trip through the triangle to interviews with scientists at the US Geological Survey, Harvard University, and the UK's Cardiff University, we go far beyond the event horizon to explore the dangers in this area and what relation they might indeed have with its counterpoint in space.

So now, the public will think that the crackpot talking was taking a "hard scientific look" at it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
The History Channel is just trying to appeal to the public. It is a commercial entity designed to make money. It does not have to be scientifically rigorous, it just has to be entertaining.

Thank you. I caught that yesterday and almost died. Black holes are what's causing the phenomena in the Bermuda & Dragon triangles they suggested.

It made absolutely no sense. At one point i thought they were talking metaphorically, but at the end the guy finished with: "some people might find the idea of black holes here on Earth hard to believe, but etc".

My brother actually tried to call to complaint.

Last edited:
What's amazing is how many Americans probably now believe that there are black holes in the Bermuda Triangle.

Evo said:
What's amazing is how many Americans probably now believe that there are black holes in the Bermuda Triangle.
And I've got one in my sock drawer.

Garth

Garth said:
And I've got one in my sock drawer.

Garth

A good proof for the existence of black holes, what else can explain things disappearing without trace?

So those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq... black holes again?

Those suckers really get around

Evo said:

By what I'm hearing in this post, TV is becoming a black hole for intelligence. It sucks the intelligence right out of the people who watch, leaving nothing but idiocy and black hole conspiracy theories.:uhh:

The big question now is: Are these black holes self-aware, or is some malevolent external intelligence guiding them? :uhh:

The History channel has changed a great deal since I started watching it many years ago.
It used to be that every other show was on World War II, or some similar topic. Then they expanded their scope to other areas of history…but none-the-less, it was still history.
But now whenever I flip to the History channel, I can make a pretty safe bet that whatever will be on will fall into one of 3 categories…
-Conspiracy theory (includes, but not limited to, UFOs / aliens / Area 51),
-End of the world
-Modern Marvels
I have had this discussion many times before with people about how the history channel has changed for the worse over the years.

Last edited:
I believe Hutchison mentioned a wormhole, connecting the two black holes here on earth, the one at Bermuda Triangle and the other at Dragon Triangle.

Danger, that will be covered on their next episode. The possibility of aliens inside our Earth trying to control us through the use of tiny black holes within the earth.

mrjeffy321 said:
The History channel has changed a great deal since I started watching it many years ago.
It used to be that every other show was on World War II, or some similar topic. Then they expanded their scope to other areas of history…but none-the-less, it was still history.
Now whenever I flip to the History channel, I can make a pretty safe bet that whatever will be on will fall into one of 3 categories…
-Conspiracy theory (includes, but not limited to, UFOs / aliens / Area 51),
-End of the world
-Modern Marvels
I have had this discussion many times before with people about how the history channel has changed for the worse over the years.
I lost interest in the History channel back when it seemed it was nothing but WWII, as you mentioned, I'm an ancient history buff, then I never got back into watching it.

Sadly, many people just aren't interested in history, which to me is far more interesting than anything a crackpot could come up with.

It's really sad

Evo said:
I lost interest in the History channel back when it seemed it was nothing but WWII, as you mentioned, I'm an ancient history buff, then I never got back into watching it.

Sadly, many people just aren't interested in history, which to me is far more interesting than anything a crackpot could come up with.

It's really sad
There is nothing wrong with having a channel (as the name implies) completely devoted to History...be it ancient history (for example, ancient Egypt, Greece, …), or more 'modern' history (like WWII, American revolution, ...), or some combination of the two.
But when they start doing shows, on a very regular basis / having an entire week devoted to it, on Armageddon and the fulfillment of Nostradamus prophecies, I tend to draw the line.
Even one of their most popular shows, Modern Marvels, sometimes skirts the boundaries of what might be considered history on occasion.
But then again, they have to make money and to do that you have to show programs people will watch.

To be fair, The History Channel aires many shows - some are good and some are bad. By definition, anything with Hutchison is bad.

He is probably the world's most cracked pot. :biggrin:

Danger said:
The big question now is: Are these black holes self-aware, or is some malevolent external intelligence guiding them? :uhh:
I think this bears further discssion. :biggrin:

I wonder if my homeowner's insurance covers me for black hole damage?

Evo said:
I wonder if my homeowner's insurance covers me for black hole damage?

What a great idea for a prank call.

This show was part of the Decoding the Past shows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoding_the_Past
I'm pretty sure that Decoding the Past is the worst of the worst on the History Channel.

Last edited:

1. Who is Hutchison on the History Channel?

Hutchison, also known as John Hutchison, is a Canadian inventor and self-taught scientist who became known for his experiments with anti-gravity and energy manipulation. He has appeared on several episodes of the History Channel show "Ancient Aliens" and has been featured in numerous documentaries and interviews discussing his theories and experiments.

2. What is Hutchison's theory about anti-gravity?

Hutchison's theory is that by using a combination of radio frequency, electromagnetic fields, and certain metals, he is able to create a force that opposes gravity. This has been demonstrated in his experiments where objects have been observed levitating and moving in unusual ways without any visible means of support.

3. Has Hutchison's anti-gravity technology been proven?

Hutchison's experiments and demonstrations have been met with skepticism and controversy. While some people believe his claims and have witnessed his experiments firsthand, others argue that his results can be explained by natural phenomena or have been faked. There is no scientific consensus on the validity of his anti-gravity technology.

4. How did Hutchison become interested in anti-gravity and energy manipulation?

Hutchison has been interested in science and technology since he was a child. He became fascinated with Nikola Tesla's work and theories, which inspired him to start experimenting with radio frequency and electromagnetic fields. Over the years, his experiments and research have led him to develop his own theories and techniques for manipulating energy and gravity.

5. What other topics has Hutchison discussed on the History Channel?

In addition to his theories and experiments with anti-gravity and energy manipulation, Hutchison has also discussed topics such as ancient civilizations, advanced technology, and the possibility of extraterrestrial influence on human history. He has also appeared in episodes discussing the Bermuda Triangle and other mysterious phenomena.