Calculating Frictional Force with Angles: A Guide

In summary, the conversation is about finding the coefficient of kinetic friction with an angle in the problem. The person is having trouble with creating and sharing a diagram for the problem. They are also seeking an equation or explanation to help them find the force of friction.
confusseed
here it is
I'm having a rough time finding the coefficient of friction with an angle in the problem or any of it. if you can help me, give me an equation or explanation
thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
Static or kinetic?

kinetic

kinetic friction, it's sliding on the surface

i don't see a diagram or anything.

I can't seem to get the diagram I made on paint to come up here
won't copy or paste

You need to use the "Go Advanced" button and then "Manage attachments" - "Browse" for it on your computer and "Upload". Close the window and "Submit Reply" when done with your post.

here it is

the diagram for my problem
thanks for any help in advance
trying to find the force of friction

1. What is the coefficient of friction?

The coefficient of friction is a measure of the resistance to motion between two surfaces in contact. It is a dimensionless quantity and is represented by the symbol "μ".

2. How is the coefficient of friction calculated?

The coefficient of friction is calculated by dividing the force required to move an object over a surface by the weight of the object. This ratio is then expressed as a decimal or percentage.

3. What factors affect the coefficient of friction?

The coefficient of friction can be affected by several factors, including the nature of the surfaces in contact, the presence of lubricants or contaminants, and the force pushing the two surfaces together.

4. What are the different types of coefficient of friction?

There are two types of coefficient of friction: static and kinetic. Static friction refers to the resistance to motion when an object is at rest, while kinetic friction refers to the resistance to motion when an object is already in motion.

5. How is the coefficient of friction used in real-world applications?

The coefficient of friction is an important concept in engineering and design, as it helps determine the amount of force needed to move objects, the type of materials to use for surfaces in contact, and the efficiency of machines. It is also used in sports equipment, such as choosing the right type of footwear for different surfaces.