Need Help With Gambit: Get Expert Advice from Laura

• Thread starter 0308072p
  • Start date
In summary: Laura. In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with creating a mesh for a final year project on Gambit, specifically related to a cylinder and a sphere. The speakers suggest using axis-symmetrical borders and splitting the geometry to make meshing easier. They also mention constructing a 3D nozzle in Gambit and using units in the software.
0308072p
Im trying to do my final year project on gambit which is related to industrial air and vapour flow. Technically i have to create a cylinder and put a sphere at the middle of the cylinder and eventually generate a mash without being being able to generate the mash of the sphere. its been over 2 weeks I am stuck at this point. I did most of the tutorials but still can't find anything similar to my problem. Just wondering if u would be kind enough to tell me brifly, how to divide a volume or may be few links to tutorials or documentation that might help.
thank you very much in advance.
Laura

Engineering news on Phys.org
The nice thing about a cylinder and a sphere is that thy are both axi-symmetrical which might help if you define one border as "axis" just draw a box with a semicircle on the bottom.

I m beginner of Gambit and Fluent. please suggest me how to construct 3D nozzle in Gambit.

i am making a swirler in gambit but i can't make a blade, i am working on the project of modelling of combustion swirler. can anyone help me how to make a balde in gambit & to create swirler.
mayank pawar

0308072p said:
Im trying to do my final year project on gambit which is related to industrial air and vapour flow. Technically i have to create a cylinder and put a sphere at the middle of the cylinder and eventually generate a mash without being being able to generate the mash of the sphere. its been over 2 weeks I am stuck at this point. I did most of the tutorials but still can't find anything similar to my problem. Just wondering if u would be kind enough to tell me brifly, how to divide a volume or may be few links to tutorials or documentation that might help.
thank you very much in advance.
Laura

I think you must split your geometry in the middle. That's will make meshing process easier. Split and mesh. you even can use axisymmetric boundary as described by jaap

tunzawcn said:
I m beginner of Gambit and Fluent. please suggest me how to construct 3D nozzle in Gambit.

Nozzle, 3 or 2d is easiest geometry to construct. As an exercise, try to construct 2d mesh nozzle. If you can, continue with 2d geometry, then rotate it 180 deg.

I was wondering if anyone knew what units GAMBIT and FLUENT uses? I am using PRO-E to draw geometry and then import it into gambit to create a mesh, what units does gambit import it in as? :frown:

Thanks

1. What is Gambit?

Gambit is a competitive multiplayer game that requires strategic thinking and communication. It involves two teams competing against each other to complete objectives and defeat the opposing team.

2. Why might I need help with Gambit?

Gambit can be a complex game with many different elements and strategies to consider. It also requires teamwork and coordination, so having advice from an expert can greatly improve your gameplay and chances of winning.

3. Who is Laura and why is she an expert on Gambit?

Laura is a professional gamer who has years of experience playing and mastering Gambit. She has won numerous tournaments and has a deep understanding of the game's mechanics and strategies.

4. How can Laura's advice help improve my Gambit skills?

Laura's advice can provide you with valuable insights and tips on how to approach different situations in Gambit. She can also help you identify areas of improvement and provide you with personalized strategies to enhance your gameplay.

5. How can I access Laura's expert advice for Gambit?

You can access Laura's expert advice through various online platforms, such as gaming forums, social media groups, or through her personal website. You can also reach out to her directly through email or messaging for personalized advice and guidance.