People You Love To Hate: Gordon Brown & My ISP

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the conversation covers a wide range of people and groups that the speaker loves to hate, including politicians, organizations, and individuals such as actors and religious people. They also mention their dislike for those who torture animals and humans. The conversation also touches on the topic of receiving advice from older individuals and the speaker expresses their disdain for some famous figures, such as Conan O'Brien and Gandhi.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
May be you hate your president or some dictator or even an actor/actress, i have two favorites right now, Gordon Brown and my ISP, i am sure neither deserve a place on this Earth, but the fact is they are here, so i can continue to love to hate them.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Hate the sin, love the sinner!"o:)

I love to hate YOU wolram

marlon

I haight ashbury

Right wingers, far left wingers, religious people, new agers, most old people, most young people. I *think* that covers it.

Racists, Republicans, Neo-Nazis, Libertarians, extremely ignorant people. People who make comments without trying to understand the other side.

Of course, I only hate most of them on the internet.

I generally don't hate organizations; or I hate them all the same.

Also, people who do stupid things, and yes that includes myself.

rootX said:
conservatives, ppl. majoring in humanities

Hehe. Well, technically the humanities is where you find the least amount of conservatives. But, the best radicals imo have been scientists.

On advice from old ppl:

"Age is no better, hardly so well, qualified for an instructor as youth, for it has not profited so much as it has lost. One may almost doubt if the wisest man has learned any thing of absolute value by living. Practically, the old have no very important advice to give the young, their own experience has been so partial, and their lives have been such miserable failures, for private reasons, as they must believe; and it may be that they have some faith left which belies that experience, and they are only less young than they were. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors." from Walden..

Conan o' brien

Yeah, chalk that A-hole up for me too. I liked his Simpsons episodes, but I hate him as a person.

wolram said:
May be you hate your president or some dictator or even an actor/actress, i have two favorites right now, Gordon Brown and my ISP, i am sure neither deserve a place on this Earth, but the fact is they are here, so i can continue to love to hate them.

I love to hate Ghandi

This is not going anywhere good.

Locked.

1. Who is Gordon Brown?

Gordon Brown is a British politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2007 to 2010.

2. Why do people love to hate Gordon Brown?

People's opinions on politicians can vary greatly, but some common reasons people may "love to hate" Gordon Brown include perceived mishandling of economic issues and unpopular policies during his time as Prime Minister.

3. What is an ISP?

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. It is a company that provides individuals or businesses with access to the internet through various technologies, such as dial-up, DSL, cable, or fiber optic. Examples of ISPs include AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast.

4. How does Gordon Brown relate to my ISP?

There is likely no direct connection between Gordon Brown and your ISP. However, if you live in the United Kingdom, Brown may have had some influence on internet regulations or policies that your ISP must adhere to.

5. Can Gordon Brown affect my internet service?

As mentioned before, if you live in the UK, Brown may have had some influence on internet regulations or policies that your ISP must follow. However, as an individual, it is unlikely that he can directly affect your internet service.