Recommendation of a good math based quantum physics text

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is interested in expanding their knowledge of classical physics and is looking for recommendations on a good math-based quantum physics text. They are specifically looking for a book that is easy to understand and will guide them through the subject. They are directed to the Science Book Forum for thousands of threads on Quantum Mechanics Textbooks.
only_huce
I have taken several classical physics courses and am now interested in expanding my knowledge of the field during my personal time. I am therefore wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good math based quantum physics text to introduce me to the branch of quantum mechanics. I do not care so much as to the depth of the book on the subject as I am with one that is easy to understand (a book that will guide you by the hand so to speak).

Physics news on Phys.org
I've moved this thread into the books forum. By all means have a look around, now that you're here. :smile:

1. What is the best math-based quantum physics text for beginners?

The best math-based quantum physics text for beginners is usually considered to be "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths. It provides a solid foundation in the mathematical principles of quantum mechanics without being too overwhelming for those new to the subject.

2. Is there a specific textbook that is recommended for self-study?

Yes, "Quantum Physics for Dummies" by Steven Holzner is a great option for self-study. It presents the material in a clear and approachable manner, making it easier for individuals to understand complex mathematical concepts.

3. Are there any textbooks that focus specifically on the mathematical aspects of quantum physics?

Yes, "Mathematical Methods in Quantum Mechanics" by Gerald Teschl is a highly recommended text for those looking to dive deeper into the mathematical aspects of quantum physics. It covers a wide range of topics, from linear algebra to differential equations, and is suitable for advanced readers.

4. What is a good math-based quantum physics text for those with a strong background in mathematics?

"Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman is a great option for those with a strong background in mathematics. It assumes a solid understanding of linear algebra and calculus, and delves into more advanced topics such as group theory and functional analysis.

5. Are there any online resources for learning math-based quantum physics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning math-based quantum physics. Some popular options include MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and Coursera. Additionally, many universities offer free online courses on quantum physics, which often include math-based content.