Help find a product simalar to this

• Thread starter 2slowtogofast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, the conversation is about finding a part that can hang vertically from the ceiling and hold up another part with a ring on the end. The part on the ceiling needs to have a ring that can open and close with a vertical pull on a cord. The load it needs to carry is not specified. Suggestions for a similar mechanism include "friends" used in rock-climbing and lifting clamps.
2slowtogofast
I am trying to find out if there is a part that meets this desciption or how i could model a part that meets this description. Here is what it has to do.

this part will hang verticlly from the ceiling and be some sort of ring or clamp

will hold up another part with a ring on the end, this part would have a solid ring and the part on the ceiling would have one that would open to accept the other part.

the ring on the ceiling would have to open with a verticle pull doward on a cord and close when the cord is released.

i am not looking for a part that would specificlly mount to a ceiling. just a part that will open horizontally will a vertricly pull on a cord. need to get some ideas on how to incorpaorate somthing like this into a project any ideas are appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What load does it have to carry?

There are these "friends" that rock-climbers use. You can release it by pulling a wire in the same direction as the load. But that doesn't meet your requirement for hooking into a ring.

Also look up "lifting clamp" which operates on a vaguely similar principle. In fact that may be ideal if you have a heavy load.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of finding a product similar to this?

The purpose of finding a product similar to this is to identify potential competitors or alternatives that may better fit your needs or preferences. It can also help with price comparison and identifying any unique features or benefits that may be offered by other products.

2. How do I go about finding a product similar to this?

The first step is to determine the key features or characteristics of the product you are looking for. Then, you can use online search engines or product comparison websites to search for similar products based on those features. You can also ask for recommendations from friends, family, or industry experts.

3. What should I consider when comparing products?

When comparing products, it is important to consider factors such as price, quality, features, customer reviews, and brand reputation. You should also think about your specific needs and preferences to determine which product would best suit your purposes.

4. How can I ensure that the product I choose is reliable?

One way to ensure reliability is to do thorough research on the product and the company that produces it. Look for reviews from other customers and check for any certifications or awards the product may have received. You can also reach out to the company directly to ask any questions or concerns you may have.

5. Is it better to choose a product that is identical or similar to the one I am currently using?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. Choosing a product that is identical to your current one may provide a sense of familiarity and comfort, but choosing a similar product may offer new and improved features that could enhance your experience. It is important to weigh the pros and cons and make the decision that best fits your individual needs.