Cosmology Papers: Interesting Old Papers - Share Your Thoughts

In summary, the papers discuss cosmology. Some people think that the Baum Frampton Model is still up for debate, while others think that it has been proven.
Physics news on Phys.org
There's a lot of papers there.

Are you expecting someone to read all of them and to then post something to talk about?

Why not create threads with one paper a piece with your comments about the paper and/or with a question of interest to get the discussion going?

jedishrfu said:
There's a lot of papers there.

Are you expecting someone to read all of them and to then post something to talk about?

Why not create threads with one paper a piece with your comments about the paper and/or with a question of interest to get the discussion going?

You could read at least one of them an give us your opinion.

twistor said:
You could read at least one of them an give us your opinion.

You must be new to the PF forums. People aren't going to read the papers just because you ask them to.

The primary PF mission is to help students with mainstream science questions that they have while taking a course.

If you're looking for a discussion on some topic then you must take one of your papers and start the discussion with some question or some take on the papers and then people may respond.

Its kind of like the Stone Soup story, people read the posts but won't respond unless they see something that piques their interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_soup

You can see from my post that I mention stone soup and some comment about it and if you haven't heard of the story you might peek at the link provided.

Well, (one of) my question(s) is the following:
Which is the status of the Baum Frampton Model?

twistor said:
Well, (one of) my question(s) is the following:
Which is the status of the Baum Frampton Model?

Okay, open a new thread and place your question in the title then other PF people will see it and may then respond and in your post reference the paper of interest and thoughts you have about it.

I looked at some of your earlier threads and the titles are more descriptive and as a result other PF members posted more heavily.

Good luck...

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
You should read (if not already done - 2007): http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0703162; it is important to measure w < -1 to valid the model.

And you may then read (2013): http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.4748; please note what is said in the conclusion (e.g.: I remark that no scenario for the dark energy exists) and state that the discussion is still going on here.

I unfortunately ignore if (because I have not enougth time to read all the flow of) the new data feat with these models.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of reading old cosmology papers?

Reading old cosmology papers can provide insight into the history of scientific thought and discoveries in the field. It can also help researchers understand the progression of ideas and theories over time.

2. How can old cosmology papers be relevant to current research?

Old cosmology papers can provide a foundation for current research by highlighting past theories and experiments. They can also serve as a starting point for new ideas and approaches.

3. Are there any limitations to using old cosmology papers in modern research?

Yes, there are limitations to using old cosmology papers in modern research. Some of the theories and methods described in these papers may have been disproven or outdated by newer findings and technologies.

4. Can non-scientists benefit from reading old cosmology papers?

Yes, non-scientists can benefit from reading old cosmology papers by gaining a better understanding of the history and development of scientific knowledge. They can also learn about the big questions and concepts in cosmology.

5. How can I access old cosmology papers if I am not a scientist or have access to a university library?

Many old cosmology papers are now available online through databases and archives such as arXiv and NASA Astrophysics Data System. Some may also be available through public libraries or through academic institutions with open access policies.