C++ Version of WIMS: Find Help Here

• C/C++
  • Thread starter libertad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    C++
In summary, the person browsing a Nuclear Eng. Dept. website came across a project where the WIMS source code was converted from Fortran to Object Oriented C++. They are now looking for a similar conversion and someone suggests trying a link to a journal article where the guys at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre have done it. Other potential sources such as BNFL or BEGL are also mentioned, along with the possibility of finding it through the IAEA or Google search.
libertad
Hi there,
sometimes ago I was browsing a Nuclear Eng. Dept. website ( I can't remember what university) and ran into a project in which somebody had converted the WIMS source code from Fortran to Object Oriented C++.
Now I'm looking for a such conversion. Can anybody help me?

Technology news on Phys.org
Try this link to a journal article.

linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0306454901001281

Apparently the guys at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) have done it.

Otherwise BNFL or someone at BEGL may have done it as well. I don't think WIMS (WIMS-D) is widely used. The vendors have their own proprietary systems, otherwise folks use CASMO, which is part of Studsvik-Scandpower's CASMO/SIMULATE system.

It might be available through IAEA - www.nea.fr/abs/html/iaea1395.html

For additional possibilities, try searching Google with "WIMS-D","C++"

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
Try this link to a journal article.

linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0306454901001281

Apparently the guys at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) have done it.

Thanks,
I saw the artilce. that's not one which I'm looking for.

Likes Balami

1. What is WIMS?

WIMS stands for "Web Interactive Multipurpose Server" and is a web-based platform for creating and managing interactive exercises and activities for students.

2. What is the purpose of the C++ version of WIMS?

The C++ version of WIMS is aimed at providing a more efficient and powerful programming language for creating interactive exercises and activities compared to the original Perl version.

3. How do I get started with the C++ version of WIMS?

To get started with the C++ version of WIMS, you will need to download the source code and compile it on your computer. You can also find helpful documentation and tutorials on the official WIMS website.

4. Can I use the C++ version of WIMS on any operating system?

Yes, the C++ version of WIMS is compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux.

5. Are there any resources available for troubleshooting issues with the C++ version of WIMS?

Yes, there is a dedicated community forum on the WIMS website where users can ask for help and troubleshoot any issues they may encounter. There are also various online resources and tutorials available for reference.