Why is my account disabled in PM?

• Thread starter php111
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests that the user's account may be disabled in private messaging due to a glitch or reaching the message storage limit. They are advised to clear their cache, delete cookies, and check their storage limit. It is also mentioned that private messaging may have been disabled in their user options.
php111
Why is my account disabled in PM while sending/receiving? It just started a little while ago. What did I do? How long will it be disabled?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you haven't received any warning for misbehaving, I assume that it must just be a glitch. One of the Moderators can tune you in.

No one has diisabled your ability to PM. Clear your cache, delete your cookies, reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

Make sure you haven't reached your limit on PM storage. One can use the menu at the bottom to Save as Text, and then you can delete incoming and outgoing messages. There is a limit on the total received/sent messages. There should be a color bar at the top of the messages which indicates the quota.

Judging from the PM I just received, it seems to be working.

Last edited:
Make sure you haven't disabled private messaging in your user options.

Kurdt said:
Make sure you haven't disabled private messaging in your user options.
That would explain why he's not getting a message that his PM box over limit. Not that I personally have ever seen such a message. <cough>

1. Why was my account disabled in PM?

There could be several reasons why your account was disabled in PM. Some possible reasons include violating the platform's terms of use, suspicious activity on your account, or multiple reports from other users.

2. How can I get my account re-enabled?

If your account was disabled due to a violation of the platform's terms of use, you may be able to appeal the decision by contacting customer support. If your account was disabled due to suspicious activity, you may need to provide additional information to verify your identity.

3. Will my data be deleted if my account is disabled?

In most cases, your data will still be stored on the platform even if your account is disabled. However, you will not be able to access or use this data until your account is re-enabled.

4. Can I create a new account after my previous one was disabled?

Creating a new account after your previous one was disabled is against the platform's terms of use. If you attempt to create a new account, it may also be disabled.

5. How can I prevent my account from being disabled in the future?

To prevent your account from being disabled, make sure you are familiar with the platform's terms of use and adhere to them. Additionally, be cautious of suspicious activity on your account and make sure to keep your account information secure.