Gravitation Charles Misner, Kip Thorne in Polish

• Thread starter player1_1_1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gravitation
In summary: Kazcena ine bearązine, la tablu ets beul? (Polish speakers: do NOT comment.)In summary, someone not from Poland will not be able to get the book "Gravitation" written by Charles Misner, Kip Thorne and John Wheeler. It was written in another country and no one not from Poland can get it. It is strange how the author thinks, but you can buy the book in Polish if you find an offer.
player1_1_1
"Gravitation" Charles Misner, Kip Thorne in Polish

Hello
I know that my english is doesn't very good, sorry for this;)
i need to know if the "Gravitation" book written by Charles Misner, Kip Thorne and John Wheeler was translated to polish, or i can buy it in english only?
thanks from the mountain for your ansver:)

Physics news on Phys.org

player1_1_1 said:
thanks from the mountain for your ansver:)

I doubt if anyone not from Poland will get it.

book was written in other country, and no one not from Poland can get this book?
a bit strange way of thinking, must I say;)
but you suggest that its possible to get it in poland, where i can get it?

Borek said:
I doubt if anyone not from Poland will get it.

Cmmon, tell us ! Please ?

"Thank you from mountain" is a direct - word by word - translation of Polish "dziękuję z góry", which means "thank you in advance".

player: nie pisałem o książce, pisałem o zwrocie którego użyłeś.

Łatwiej po polsku;)
zastanawia mnie więc, dlaczego napisałeś "anyone will get it"; to znaczy chyba, że nikt tego nie zdobędzie? w odniesieniu do zwrotu to tak dziwnie trochę, nie rozumiem Cię;D
coming back to book, i had been looking for polish version but i hadnt found anything, eventually english version would be good too, but i can't find any offers where i can buy it. does anyone of you have it? may you tell when have you it bought?
thanks you!

sa chyba dwie translacje, ale pewnie trudno je dostac.

C.W. Misner, K.S. Thorne, and J.A. Wheeler, Gravitation, (W.H. Freeman & Co., San Francisco, 1973), 1279 pp.

1. Russian edition: Gravitatsya, 3 volumes, translated by A.G. Polnarev (Mir, Moscow, 1977).
2. Chinese edition: translated by Li Shuxian with Chen Bingqian, Ma Er, and Chen Xianmou (Chen Chung Book Co. Ltd, Taipei, 1997) 1294 pp.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~kip/scripts/publications.html

I doubt if anyone not from Poland will get it - wątpię, czy ktokolwiek nie z Polski zrozumie.

Enough Polish chit chat.

waht said:
sa chyba dwie translacje

"Translacja" is not in Polish - should be "tłumaczenia", but "tłumaczenie" is masculine, so "są chyba dwa tłumaczenia" :smile:

Borek said:
"Translacja" is not in Polish - should be "tłumaczenia", but "tłumaczenie" is masculine, so "są chyba dwa tłumaczenia" :smile:

heh, no body is perfect :blushing: "dzieki za poprawke"

Kazcena ine bearązine, la tablu ets beul? (Polish speakers: do NOT comment.)

Polish speakers: "polskie głośniki" ;D (ciekawe czy Logitecha)
okay, thank to you for info, i will try to get english version of book:)

1. What is the concept of gravitation?

The concept of gravitation is a fundamental force of nature that describes the attraction between two objects with mass. It is responsible for the motion of planets, stars, and other celestial bodies in the universe.

2. Who are Charles Misner and Kip Thorne?

Charles Misner and Kip Thorne are renowned physicists who, along with John Wheeler, co-authored the influential textbook "Gravitation" which discusses the theories of general relativity and gravitation.

3. What is the significance of "Gravitation" by Misner and Thorne?

"Gravitation" is considered a seminal work in the field of general relativity and has had a significant impact on the development of modern physics. It is often used as a reference text for students and researchers studying gravitation and general relativity.

4. Is "Gravitation" by Misner and Thorne available in Polish?

Yes, "Gravitation" by Misner and Thorne has been translated into Polish and is available for purchase.

5. What topics are covered in "Gravitation" by Misner and Thorne?

The book covers topics such as the history of gravitation, the mathematical principles of general relativity, the laws of gravitation, black holes, and the role of gravitation in the universe.