Suspect in KC toddler’s drowning death is a 5-year-old girl

In summary: It's possible that she was too emotionally distraught to care for the kids properly, but it's also possible that the 16 year old was just negligent.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Should she be put in jail? :uhh:

An 18-month-old boy’s drowning death in a bathtub last week is now being investigated as a possible homicide, police told The Kansas City Star on Wednesday.

But even more shocking to authorities is that their suspect is a 5-year-old girl.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/08/2937494/suspect-in-kc-toddlers-drowning.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very tragic. How did a five-year-old get the idea to do something like that in the first place? Where does a child that young learn that kind of aggression?

Borg said:
Where does a child that young learn that kind of aggression?
You ever met any five year olds?

They have as much aggression as anyone. Just watch America's Funniest Home People. Always shoving each other around.

The question is: does she realize that pushing a toddler into the dirt because it's making too much noise is different from drowning it?

Last edited:
DaveC426913 said:
You ever met any five year olds?

They have as much aggression as anyone. Just watch America's Funniest Home People. Always shoving each other around.

The question is: does she realize that pushing a toddler into the dirt because it's making too much noise is different from drowning it?
It still seems very over-the-top for a child. This wasn't a quick shove in the dirt opportunity. She took the time to drag him to the tub and purposely put him in. I could understand if she accidently drowned him because she wanted to give him a bath but, putting him in there to shut him up is just unfathomable to me.

wowwwwwwwwww i just can't believe what I am reading , i 5 year old as a suspect

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
Should she be put in jail? :uhh:

No. My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!

The only witness to the murder is unreliable. It's quite possible that she murdered the boy and also possible that she just didn't like him and imagines herself to have murdered him. No one will ever know for sure.

cristo said:
My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!

Okay. Should they be jailed? I think so.

Jimmy Snyder said:
The only witness to the murder is unreliable. It's quite possible that she murdered the boy and also possible that she just didn't like him and imagines herself to have murdered him. No one will ever know for sure.

Very interesting. In either case, shouldn't she need to be evaluated/helped psychologically?

cristo said:
No. My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!

I wondered about that, but they were in the care of a 16 year old, albeit one who allegedly has some unspecified mental condition.

1. Who is the suspect in the KC toddler's drowning death?

The suspect in the KC toddler's drowning death is a 5-year-old girl.

2. How did the 5-year-old girl become a suspect in the toddler's drowning death?

The 5-year-old girl was identified as a suspect after an investigation by the authorities.

3. What evidence led to the 5-year-old girl being named as a suspect?

The authorities have not disclosed the specific evidence that led to the 5-year-old girl being named as a suspect. However, it is likely that there was some form of physical evidence or eyewitness testimony.

4. What are the potential implications of a 5-year-old being a suspect in a drowning death?

In this case, the 5-year-old girl will likely not face any legal consequences due to being under the age of criminal responsibility. However, it is important for the authorities to investigate and determine if any adults or caregivers were responsible for the toddler's death.

5. What will happen to the 5-year-old girl now that she has been identified as a suspect?

The 5-year-old girl will likely undergo further questioning and evaluation by child psychologists and social workers. The authorities will also continue their investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the toddler's drowning death.