PF Mobile: I See ADs since upgrade

• Bug
  • Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, you are seeing ads on your phone even though you are a paid member, but clearing the Safari cache does not work. You also have banner ads running across the header and footer of every page.
Saladsamurai
Ever since the recent upgrade, I see ads even though I am a paid member. Tried clearing safari cache to no avail. Using iOS 5.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can still see ads on my iphone

Ryan_m_b said:
I can still see ads on my iphone

Ditto.

Still see 'em. Happy New Year!

You still seeing them Ryan? I am.

I just used the mobile version last night and had a weird experience with ads. Once I was fully into the site, they went away, but after logging in, they didn't clear and the first menu page was horribly overlaid with an ad or ads, to the point of being unreadable. Once I randomly clicked to get off that page, the skin condition cleared up.

Moonbear said:
I just used the mobile version last night and had a weird experience with ads. Once I was fully into the site, they went away, but after logging in, they didn't clear and the first menu page was horribly overlaid with an ad or ads, to the point of being unreadable. Once I randomly clicked to get off that page, the skin condition cleared up.

I have banner ads running across the header and footer of every page. Tried clearing cache and logging back in, but no such luck.

Saladsamurai said:
You still seeing them Ryan? I am...I have banner ads running across the header and footer of every page. Tried clearing cache and logging back in, but no such luck.
Yup I'm the same. Sometimes the way the page loads means that when I try to click on the PF banner it clicks the ad instead.

I see them too. I didn't notice last time, but it's just as Ryan described. A pain to navigate in mobile view too. Any way to opt out and stay with normal view? I click the "normal" button and nothing happens. I'll explain more when not on the phone.

1. Why am I seeing more ads after upgrading to PF Mobile?

After upgrading to PF Mobile, you may notice an increase in the number of ads you see. This is because the new version of PF Mobile includes more features and content, which may require additional advertising to support its development and maintenance costs.

2. Can I disable or limit the number of ads I see on PF Mobile?

Yes, you can limit the number of ads you see on PF Mobile by adjusting your ad settings. Within the app, go to the settings menu and look for the option to limit or disable ads. Keep in mind that disabling ads may limit access to certain features and content.

3. Are these ads safe to click on?

Yes, the ads on PF Mobile are safe to click on. We carefully screen all ads to ensure they comply with our advertising policies and do not contain any malicious content. However, as with any online advertising, we recommend using caution and common sense when clicking on ads.

4. I have upgraded to PF Mobile, but I am still seeing ads on the free version. Why?

Upgrading to PF Mobile does not automatically remove ads from the free version of the app. If you would like to use the ad-free version, you will need to download and install the paid version of PF Mobile, which does not include any advertising.

5. Will the number of ads on PF Mobile continue to increase over time?

We cannot guarantee that the number of ads on PF Mobile will remain constant over time. However, we are constantly striving to strike a balance between providing valuable content and features, and displaying a reasonable number of ads to support the app's development and maintenance costs.