Are Chocolate Balls the Key to Quantum Cryptography?

• Thread starter brahma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how due to the large increase in publications, it is becoming more difficult to attract readers. As a result, authors are giving catchy titles to their papers. Some examples of these titles include "Does Smoothing Matter?", "Elements, topology, and T-shirts", "All roads lead to Rome: Supersolvables and Supercosets", "For whom the disc tolls", and "And Don't Forget The Black Holes". The conversation also mentions the titles "How Much Mass do Supermassive Black Holes Eat in their Old Age?", "Message in the Sky", "We Have Evidence for New Physics in the Sky?", "Test of patch cosmology with WMAP", "Staging quantum cryptography
brahma
I think due to enormus increase in publications , it is becoming diificult to find readers; so people are giving catchy titles to their papers. I am listing some of them below. I will keep putting more and more titles. I request you to help me in making this list long.

Does Smoothing Matter?
gr-qc/0603010

Elements, topology, and T-shirts
physics/0603026

All roads lead to Rome: Supersolvables and Supercosets
hep-th/9808146

For whom the disc tolls
astro-ph/0510420

And Don't Forget The Black Holes
astro-ph/0510378

How Much Mass do Supermassive Black Holes Eat in their Old Age?
astro-ph/0510369

Message in the Sky
physics/0510102

We Have Evidence for New Physics in the Sky?
hep-th/0510101

Test of patch cosmology with WMAP
astro-ph/0406387

Staging quantum cryptography with chocolate balls
physics/0510050

Physics news on Phys.org
Afterall, its necessary to catch the attention of readers.

"Quantifying the resource of sharing a reference frame", S.J. vanEnk

Okay, not that funny, but that's because it's not the original title. The author comments read, "Comments: Updated title as PRA did not accept the word “refbit” in the title: PRA accepts neither neologisms (=”a meaningless word coined by a psychotic”, according to Webster), nor novophasms"

Obviously a "never give in" attitude. :rofl:

1. What makes a title "catchy"?

A catchy title is one that is attention-grabbing, memorable, and piques the curiosity of the reader. It should also accurately reflect the content of the article or paper.

2. How important is a catchy title in scientific research?

A catchy title is important in scientific research because it is the first thing that readers see and can greatly influence their decision to read the paper. A well-crafted title can make your research stand out and attract more attention.

3. How can I come up with a catchy title for my research paper?

One way to come up with a catchy title is to focus on the main idea or key findings of your research. You can also use puns or wordplay, ask a thought-provoking question, or use strong and descriptive language to grab the reader's attention.

4. Should I prioritize a catchy title over an informative one?

While a catchy title is important, it should not compromise the accuracy or informativeness of the title. It is possible to have a title that is both catchy and informative, so it is important to find the right balance between the two.

5. Can a catchy title affect the credibility of my research?

In some cases, a catchy title may be perceived as too sensational or attention-grabbing, which can potentially harm the credibility of your research. It is important to ensure that your title accurately represents the content and findings of your research to maintain credibility.