How u guys find the pdf,docs,or textbooks over the internet?

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for finding pdf, doc, and textbook documents over the internet, such as through FTP, newsgroups, P2P, forums, and webpages. The individual is specifically looking for resources related to the Copenhagen interpretation, hidden variables, and Bell's inequality and is tired of using Google. They express interest in knowing about other approaches and ask for help from those who use newsgroups, FTP, or P2P. They also mention using university library websites and forums for more specific information. The conversation ends with the individual asking for better means of finding resources and suggesting going to a university library for those with access.
peter308
how u guys find the pdf,doc,or even the textbook docs over the internet?through ftp?newsgroup?p2p?forum?webpages?
recently,i am preparing a report for Copenhagen interpretation , hidden variables,and bell's inequality.i am tired using google,i wonder if there's a better approach for finding those resources,
if u use newsgroup,telling me the server u log onto will be appreciated,eagering for answers if the case happens to the ftp,p2p users.i am really grateful if u guys help me out!

best wishes!
p.s.if u have better means,please inform me!

Computer science news on Phys.org
When I need to find technical papers I go to my university's library website. From there I can search for online journals from various sources. If your off campus you need a valid student id to use this resources, but if you go to the library itself you can get access to these resources from their computers.

If your a university student, try going to the library and ask if they have a similar service.

If your not a university student, then go to a university that has this type of service.

it depends on what i am looking for. for general information i use a search engine, for more specific things i use forums, especially this one since there are a lot of past articles and so on.

when it comes to finding whole documents, etc. i use imesh or i look at TextFiles.com.

Last edited:

1. How do you find the PDFs, documents, or textbooks on the internet?

There are a few different ways to find these resources online. One method is to use a search engine, such as Google, and type in the specific title or topic you are looking for. Another option is to use online databases or digital libraries that offer access to academic and scholarly materials.

2. Is it legal to download PDFs, documents, or textbooks from the internet?

The legality of downloading these materials from the internet depends on the copyright laws in your country. In some cases, downloading copyrighted materials without proper authorization may be considered illegal. It is important to check the terms of use and copyright information before downloading any materials from the internet.

3. Are there any risks involved in downloading PDFs, documents, or textbooks from the internet?

There is always a risk when downloading anything from the internet, as there is a potential for viruses or malware to be attached to the files. It is important to use caution and only download from reputable sources. Additionally, downloading copyrighted materials without permission may also pose a legal risk.

4. Can I find all textbooks and documents in PDF format on the internet?

No, not all textbooks and documents are available in PDF format on the internet. It depends on the publisher and copyright holder's decision to make their materials available online. Some textbooks and documents may only be available for purchase or access through certain websites or platforms.

5. Are there any alternative methods for accessing textbooks and documents besides downloading them from the internet?

Yes, there are alternative methods for accessing textbooks and documents besides downloading them from the internet. Some universities and libraries offer online access to their collections for students and researchers. You can also purchase physical copies of textbooks and documents from bookstores or borrow them from libraries.