Updating Your MP4 Player: Is It Possible?

• Thread starter FrostScYthe
  • Start date
In summary, the MP4 player cannot play avi files which are stored on the player itself. The player probably has a problem with the files which are stored on the computer. The player is probably in the incorrect format.
FrostScYthe
Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to format one's MP4 Player erase all software and then install new firmware in it ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
That would depend entirely on which player you have. Check your owner's manual.

- Warren

It's an MP4 Digital Player.. well chipod... thing.
It has no brand ... It just says "MP4 Digital Player" in the box, and it says it is tested to comply with the FCC standards :\. Anyway if I were to do that where can I find information on that?

You'll need to know what the device is before you can even think about putting different firmware on it. Try looking up "mp4 digital player" on google to see if you can find it. You can try google images too, then when you see your player, go to the page and see if you can find more info about it, such as brand. And then.. look into the firmware replacement. :)

Last edited:
Need help of my newest MP4 player?

I bought MP4 player from China last week. Once I receive the player, I am so happy with its beautiful looking. But I am sad with its terrible manual and its software when I turn on it. The device has marked on the player itself saying that it is an AVI player. It contains a demo avi file which plays reasonably well.

I tried to load up some avi files which play on my computer. But the portable player says incorrect format. I think the problem is that I can not understand functions of player fully. After I tried several times, I still can not upload avi. File.

Can some one suggest what we can try in this situation? Have you come across this situation before? And have you bought any MP4 player from china? I think I have been cheated or the player had problem before shipment. Anyone help me?
0f1f712a64c1b75bbb94d73b97dc3f1d6d6490408bb2599beecd7c3890b959a8e1aaed93b0943964b364176d9eaf9720.jpg

1. Can I update my MP4 player?

Yes, it is possible to update your MP4 player. However, the process may vary depending on the brand and model of your MP4 player.

2. Why should I update my MP4 player?

Updating your MP4 player can improve its performance, add new features, and fix any bugs or issues that may be present in the current version. It can also ensure compatibility with newer media formats and files.

3. How do I update my MP4 player?

The process of updating an MP4 player may differ depending on the brand and model. Generally, you can update your MP4 player by connecting it to a computer and downloading the latest firmware or software from the manufacturer's website. Some MP4 players may have an option to update directly from the device itself.

4. Will updating my MP4 player delete my files?

In most cases, updating your MP4 player will not delete your files. However, it is always recommended to back up your files before performing any updates, just in case. Some MP4 players may have a reset option that will delete all files, so be sure to check before updating.

5. Is it necessary to update my MP4 player?

It is not necessary to update your MP4 player if it is functioning properly and meets your needs. However, if you are experiencing issues or want to take advantage of new features, updating may be beneficial.