Optimizing Rotational Torque for Vertical Thrust: Gear and Device Considerations

In summary, the question is asking for the maximum foot pounds that a horizontal shaft can deliver at a desired RPM of 50 to 100, given that it is attached to 10,000 pounds of thrust moving vertically at a rate of one foot per second. The specific size and combination of gears or other devices needed for this is not specified.
ENRG
QUESTION: Thank you for assisting a non engineer with a problem.
10,000 pounds of thrust is moving in a verticle path at the rate of one foot per
second.

This is attached to a horizontal shaft (size not determined) by what ever means
necessary to transfer the maximum energy.

What is the maximum foot pounds the shaft can deliver (by whatever combination
of gears or other devices) if the desired RPM is between 50 and 100 RPM.

What combination of gears or other devices would be needed

Engineering news on Phys.org
I wish I could understand your problem set up, but I can't see it. Can you shed a little more details of the set up?

That's what prevented me from responding before, as well. The question leaves far too many variables to be meaningful.

1. What is verticle to rotational torque?

Verticle to rotational torque is a type of torque that occurs when a force is applied to an object in a verticle direction, causing it to rotate around a fixed axis.

2. How is verticle to rotational torque calculated?

Verticle to rotational torque is calculated by multiplying the applied force by the distance from the force to the axis of rotation.

3. What is the difference between verticle to rotational torque and horizontal torque?

The main difference between verticle to rotational torque and horizontal torque is the direction of the applied force. Verticle to rotational torque involves a force applied in a verticle direction, while horizontal torque involves a force applied in a horizontal direction.

4. What are some real-life examples of verticle to rotational torque?

Some examples of verticle to rotational torque include using a wrench to turn a bolt, twisting a screwdriver to tighten a screw, and swinging a hammer to drive a nail into a piece of wood.

5. How is verticle to rotational torque important in engineering and physics?

Verticle to rotational torque is important in engineering and physics because it is a fundamental concept that helps explain how objects rotate and maintain their rotational motion. It is also crucial in designing and analyzing structures and machines that involve rotational motion, such as gears, pulleys, and levers.