Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, the warning indicates that you have violated some rule and that you should probably be careful in the future. If you continue to post without receiving warnings, you may be banned from the forum.
ehrenfest
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1767074#post1767074

LOL I like the yellow flag at the bottom right corner of my OP in the link that indicates that I have received a warning. That is really a nice touch. Has anyone read the scarlet letter? Do you think that people will see the yellow flag and stop answering my posts or interacting with me at all. Will I eventually be forced to seek refuge in my own private forum on the outskirts of PF and live in infamy and remorse about the sin I committed so long ago.

But seriously, I do think it is a bad idea ( especially because the warning had nothing to do with the contents of the post).

Physics news on Phys.org
ehrenfest said:

LOL I like the yellow flag at the bottom right corner of my OP in the link that indicates that I have received a warning. That is really a nice touch. Has anyone read the scarlet letter? Do you think that people will see the yellow flag and stop answering my posts or interacting with me at all. Will I eventually be forced to seek refuge in my own private forum on the outskirts of PF and live in infamy and remorse about the sin I committed so long ago.

But seriously, I do think it is a bad idea ( especially because the warning had nothing to do with the contents of the post).
You are the only one that can see it, but thanks for letting everyone know.

Evo said:
You are the only one that can see it, but thanks for letting everyone know.

Thats even more funny.

You don't really get scarlet letters here, you get slapped with "scarlet fish"...otherwise known as red snapper.:biggrin:

ehrenfest said:
Thats even more funny.

We need a "foot in mouth" smiley just for these situations.

Does anyone know a good oral podiatrist?

G01 said:
You don't really get scarlet letters here, you get slapped with "scarlet fish"...otherwise known as red snapper.:biggrin:

We need a "foot in mouth" smiley just for these situations.
452761826_e3f3e52d22.jpg

Hurkyl said:
Does anyone know a good oral podiatrist?

:rofl:

ehrenfest said:

Actually, if you get enough penalty points, you will be banned; either temporarily, or permanently.

Ivan Seeking said:
Actually, if you get enough penalty points, you will be banned; either temporarily, or permanently.

Will there be a celebration as they throw me and all of my PF posts out into the open internet? Will PF be kind enough to give me directions to the nearest math-science internet community or will they force me to wander for days or perhaps months throughout the cruel and dangerous forest of online communities facing viruses, Trojan horses, and highly unstable servers all by myself? Will people throw stones at me or send me invective private messages as I say goodbye to my few friends here at PF and log out for the last time?

1. What is the significance of the yellow flag in "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion"?

The yellow flag in "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion" is a symbol used to indicate that a thread or post is potentially controversial or needs further clarification. It is meant to encourage users to proceed with caution and engage in respectful and constructive discussions.

2. Why is this forum called "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion"?

The name "Yellow Flag" was chosen to represent the cautionary nature of the symbol and the goal of promoting respectful and productive discussions within the physics community. It also serves as a reminder to users to approach potentially controversial topics with an open mind and willingness to learn from others.

3. Who can participate in discussions on "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion"?

Anyone with an interest in physics and a desire to engage in respectful and meaningful discussions is welcome to participate on "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion". This includes scientists, researchers, students, and enthusiasts from all backgrounds and levels of expertise.

4. What types of topics are typically discussed on "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion"?

"Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion" covers a wide range of topics within the field of physics, including but not limited to quantum mechanics, cosmology, particle physics, and astrophysics. Discussions may also touch on related fields such as mathematics, engineering, and technology.

5. How can I contribute to "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion"?

There are several ways to contribute to "Yellow Flag - Physics Forums Discussion". You can start a new thread to discuss a topic that interests you, participate in existing discussions by sharing your thoughts and knowledge, and engage with other users by asking questions and providing feedback. Remember to always be respectful and adhere to the forum's guidelines.