Calculating Rocket Height for 1/100 Weight on Earth's Surface?

• Thread starter Stratosphere
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with solving a physics problem involving the height of a rocket above the Earth's surface. The person clarifies that they are not looking for someone to solve the problem for them, but rather provide guidance or suggestions. They also mention a previous thread where they asked for help on a similar topic.
Stratosphere
Can anybody solve this problem?

How high above the surface of the Earth should a rocket be
in order to have 1/100 of its normal weight? Express your answer
in units of Earth radii.

(Please include work)

Physics news on Phys.org
This isn't that kind of a forum. You have to try and solve the problem first and then we give help. That's all. No one is supposed to solve problems for you. Give it a try. It's not that hard. What formula might you want to use?

look at the other thread of mine called Need Help its on the first page on introductory physics.

1. Can anybody solve this problem?

It depends on the complexity of the problem and the individual's knowledge and skills. Some people may be able to solve it quickly, while others may need more time or assistance.

2. How do I know if I can solve this problem?

Assess your knowledge and skills related to the problem and determine if you have the necessary tools and resources to solve it. It may also be helpful to break the problem down into smaller parts and see if you can solve those first.

3. What should I do if I can't solve this problem?

If you are struggling to solve the problem, don't be afraid to seek help from others. Collaborating with others can often lead to new insights and solutions. You can also try approaching the problem from a different angle or taking a break and coming back to it later with a fresh perspective.

4. Is there a specific method or approach I should use to solve this problem?

There is no one correct method or approach to solving a problem. It often depends on the individual's preferred problem-solving style and the nature of the problem itself. Some common problem-solving strategies include trial and error, breaking the problem down into smaller parts, and using visual aids or diagrams.

5. How do I improve my problem-solving skills?

Problem-solving skills can be improved through practice and exposure to different types of problems. It can also be helpful to learn about different problem-solving strategies and techniques, as well as to seek feedback and learn from mistakes. Additionally, maintaining a positive and open-minded attitude can also aid in problem-solving.