Woman raped while Husband chained to wall

• News
  • Thread starter Bilal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wall
Vietnam war, 1st and 2nd Gulf wars are not documented in pictures or videos, but we know their stories. The victim narrated her story to the human right organization, do you think she is lying? It is not one person story. It is a systematical crime against women in Iraq. In summary, there have been multiple reports of Iraqi women being raped by both US and Iraqi jailers at the Abu Ghraib prison. These reports have been confirmed by human rights groups and former detainees. The victims have described being raped multiple times in one day and some have even resorted to suicide. These crimes have caused outrage and concern for the treatment of women in Iraq during the US occupation. Despite the lack of digital
Bilal
((P.S: This post is not against American as nation, but it is good idea to hear news from different sources. I think the Video tape of this raping crime exist in the Pentagon after they show it in the Congress))

The US soldier held her by the hair to force her to look at her husband while he stripped her, then raped her.

The Iraq-based Union of Detainees and Prisoners, has told of a mother of four, arrested in December, who killed herself after being raped by US guards in front of her husband at Abu Ghraib.

According to the group's head Daham al-Mohammed, the woman's sister who helped in the suicide told of how the woman had been taken into a cell where she saw her husband attached to bars. A US soldier reportedly held her by the hair to force her to look at her husband while he stripped her, then raped her.

A former male prisoner, Amer Abu Durayid, 30, who was released on May 13, reported seeing women taken into a room. "They had to pass in front of our tent and cried out, 'Find a way to kill us'," he said.

The International Committee of the Red Cross says about 30 women were housed in the prison in October. According to prison management, there were five at the beginning of May.

Source: World News

Physics news on Phys.org
Link?

No offense, but after fake rape photos made their rounds, I'm waiting for this to become a multiple source story.

On that note, if true, I'm not against hanging everyone involved.

http://www9.sbs.com.au/theworldnews/region.php?id=86121&region=6

Reports have emerged that Iraqi women held at the notorious Abu Ghraib prison were raped by both US and Iraqi jailers, according to human rights groups, following the reports of abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US troops there.

However coalition spokesman Brigadier-General Mark Kimmitt said the prisons department is unaware of any such reports at Abu Ghraib, and the reports have not been confirmed.

The International Occupation Watch Centre, an NGO that gathers information on human rights abuses under coalition rule, said one former detainee has told of the alleged rape of her cellmate.

"She claimed she had been raped 17 times in one day by Iraqi police in the presence of American soldiers," said Iman Khamas, head of the IOWC, adding the victim had allegedly been rendered unconscious for 58 hours.

And another group, the Iraq-based Union of Detainees and Prisoners, has told of a mother of four, arrested in December, who killed herself after being raped by US guards in front of her husband at Abu Ghraib.

According to the group's head Daham al-Mohammed, the woman's sister who helped in the suicide told of how the woman had been taken into a cell where she saw her husband attached to bars. A US soldier reportedly held her by the hair to force her to look at her husband while he stripped her, then raped her.

A former male prisoner, Amer Abu Durayid, 30, who was released on May 13, reported seeing women taken into a room. "They had to pass in front of our tent and cried out, 'Find a way to kill us'," he said.

Human rights groups say in a conservative society like Iraq, women are made to feel that rape dishonours the whole family and would prefer to die.

Mr Khamas, Mr Mohammed and Baghdad University professor Hoda Nuaimi all separately said three young rural women from the Sunni Muslim region of Al-Anbar had been killed by their families after leaving Abu Ghraib pregnant.

Most of the women arrested by coalition forces are accused of holding senior positions in Saddam Hussein's Baath party or assisting the insurgency against the occupation forces.

The International Committee of the Red Cross says about 30 women were housed in the prison in October. According to prison management, there were five at the beginning of May.

phatmonky said:
Link?

No offense, but after fake rape photos made their rounds, I'm waiting for this to become a multiple source story.

On that note, if true, I'm not against hanging everyone involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
SBS is official westren site, or you need link from FOX site :wink:?!

Even the bloodiest dictatorships in ME never dare to do such horrible and shameful crimes! (Especially related to women)

Iraqi people are exhausted due to continues wars since 1980, I do not think they could force the criminals to pay expensive for their crimes, but it is early warning to the nations around Iraq.

We do not need our dictators, but surely we do not want to see our women raped by the ‘’ liberators’’!

Bilal said:
SBS is official westren site, or you need link from FOX site :wink:?!

Patronizing me will not add anything strength to your post.

Also, why did you choose to cut the story the way you did?

I cut the first story from Arabic source, because I believe you will not accept it, I decided to look for western, source.

I wish you will not misunderstand me, I know that many American are good people. I am against any crime from any society or any people.

phatmonky said:
Patronizing me will not add anything strength to your post.

Also, why did you choose to cut the story the way you did?

I searched for something about this topic and came out with no hard facts. Everything is he said she said. All of the reports on this all say "There are reports of alleged rape cases...". I don't really believe any of this and also they all say that both American and Iraqi's are supposedly commiting these crimes. You make it sound as though it's all the Americans fault. America is doing fairly well in Iraq after a year of occupation. So look at the full picture and not just a smudge.

Many human right organizations documented this crime. I do believe they did worse than that (which already showed to the American Congress last month including Video tapes of sexual crimes). Do you mean if there are no digital pictures, then the crime did not happen? Most of stories from 2WW, especially about the holocaust have no documents or pictures … most of the information came from those who suffered and told us about what happen. It is the same for Iraq. Usually, the criminals doing their best to hide their crimes, but it are strange to see some American soldiers proud by that!

Those Iraqi police are ‘’collaborators’’, the American who responsible about them.

As person who knows a lot about that area and I have many friends living in Iraq now (Muslims, Christian, atheist ….etc) , I afraid that the situation in Iraq is not ‘’going well’’.

Kacper said:
I searched for something about this topic and came out with no hard facts. Everything is he said she said. All of the reports on this all say "There are reports of alleged rape cases...". I don't really believe any of this and also they all say that both American and Iraqi's are supposedly commiting these crimes. You make it sound as though it's all the Americans fault. America is doing fairly well in Iraq after a year of occupation. So look at the full picture and not just a smudge.

"'US soldiers abused young girl at Iraqi prison'" (itv.com, 2004/05/07)
"The US military has said it will investigate claims by a former inmate of Abu Ghraib prison that a girl as young as 12 was stripped and beaten by military personnel.
Suhaib al-Baz, a journalist for the al-Jazeera television network, claims to have been tortured at the prison, based west of Baghdad, while held there for 54 days.
Mr al-Baz was arrested when reporting clashes between insurgents and coalition forces in November.
He said: "They brought a 12-year-old girl into our cellblock late at night. Her brother was a prisoner in the other cells.
"She was naked and screaming and calling out to him as they beat her. Her brother was helpless and could only hear her cries. This affected all of us because she was just a child."
The allegations cannot be verified independently but Mr al-Baz maintains psychological and physical violence were commonplace in the jail. ...
Mr al-Baz claims the guards at the prison were keen to take photographs of the abuse and turned it into a competition.
'They were enjoying taking photographs of the torture. There was a daily competition to see who could take the most gruesome picture.
The winner's photo would be stuck on a wall and also put on their laptop computers as a screensaver.
I had a good opinion of the Americans but since my time in prison, I've changed my mind. In Iraq we still have no freedom or democracy. They are so cruel to us.'"

I am enjoying reading your hypocritical responses about these ALLEGATIONS as everything that you have posted reads. Also the Iraqi police are collaborators? Whats that supposed to mean? They are brainwashed and forced to do things that they are unwilling to do. Nope, sorry it doesn't work like that. As for the Iraq situation it is getting better, I don't know where your friends are living but they must be living in a shiite nieghborhoods that have not been reached and aided by U.S. forces. I live in a military community, my father was one of the Marines who first breached Iraq and battled into Bagdad amongst cheers from Iraqi civilians. Electricity, sewege systems, water and food came to these people as well as hospital care. But no you said that they are not receiving any worthwnile help. But don't they now have an Olympic team that will stay alive if they lose, or even get to go out and do things they could never do under the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein? I guess not, just because your friends are talking to you about the immediate horror they are facing right now. Maybe democracy isn't for everyone, or maybe people are just arrogantly blind.

Last edited:
Kacper ,

Now, I understand why you talking aggressively.

Here are some views from my friends:

Christian Catholic from Baghdad: His father is former General in the army of Saddam. On the other hand, his cousin (husband of his sister) is solider in the American army working in Baghdad. In general, his family is ok, but they are worry from future because many people want to revenge from his father.

Chaledenian Christian: His family immigrated to Kurdistan due to bad security situation in Baghdad.

Muslim Sunni: His mother is Professor in the University of Baghdad. The American army bombed her car, causing death of her three brothers, and one of her nephews. She suffering from serious injures.. recent news claiming her death.

I could not contact her son, who is Professor also in European University since several weeks; his situation is horrible due to the tragedy of his family.

Muslim Sunni: Also he is from Baghdad; I met him before two months after he returned back from Iraq. He supported the war against Saddam, but his views changed after his visit. He told me the situation is horrible, everyday and everywhere there are victims and there are deaths.

Iraq was one of the most advance countries in ME, even in 1979, Iraq succeeded to have the same economical level of Spain. The infrastructure of Iraq destroyed completely by the Anglo/American attacks from 1991 till 2004 ….

More than 90% of Iraqi are educated, and every Iraqi used to get free education till getting Doctorate degree. Beside that, it was secular country which gives the same right of men/woman and do not divide the nation into Sunni/Shia!

No doubt that Saddam is one of the worst dictators in the world, but he was an American alliance for many years!

Concerning Iraqi police: Of course everybody collaborates with foreign invaders is called collaborator! Those Iraqi police who joined these crimes are another reason to believe in the failure of the American strategy in this country. They could not find decent people to collaborate with them, except few of criminals or what called Iraqi police.

Anyway, I wish your father is safe and I pray for him to return peacefully to his homeland.

I see what you mean about your friends in Iraq now. Also thanks for seeing my opinion on the Iraq situation and I truly see yours. America did find decent people there are always those select few who want to take advantage of someone else and those sick people are not just American or Iraqi, rather they can be any person on this planet. I speak from the heart when I say this "I hope that peace will come to not only Iraq but to the Middle East, and that many differences can be resolved some time soon." I just did not want you or anyone else to look at these offences and let them rub off onto the American people as a whole. Though I had no say in the fighting in Iraq I would like to apologize to your friends for the lives that are ended and ruined due to this war and I do pray for them. asalam malakum (spelling?).

Bilal said:
I cut the first story from Arabic source, because I believe you will not accept it, I decided to look for western, source.

I wish you will not misunderstand me, I know that many American are good people. I am against any crime from any society or any people.

I never said any of this. I simpy was asking questions.

Bilal said:
Even the bloodiest dictatorships in ME never dare to do such horrible and shameful crimes! (Especially related to women)

Mahaba Bilal,

I don't know about the rest of the claims in the post but I do believe that the Reporters who claimed abuse were proven false.
Other then that, the statement above is absolutely false. It has happened to women under dictatorships in the ME and it certainly happened repeatedly under Saddams reign. In fact it was done by him and his sons.
The ME doesn't win any kind, gentle and respectful awards where there women are concerned. If anything, one of the greatest shames of the middle east is how they treat their women.
In all incidences the men who do this to women should be arrested and punished severely (I'd prefer cutting their you know what's off) BUT in the ME, it will be the woman who is punished NOT the men and in the U.S. it will be the man, or the perpatrator as it seems women are just as capable of being beast as any man.
Now, why don't you tell us how they punish their women when they are raped in the various ME countries?

Last edited:
Disgusting...all of you. Especially you, kat.

1. What is the definition of rape?

Rape is a form of sexual assault that involves any type of non-consensual sexual activity, including penetration, forced oral sex, or other unwanted sexual acts.

2. How common is rape in marriages?

According to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, about 1 in 10 women in the United States have experienced rape or sexual violence by an intimate partner.

3. Why did the husband chain his wife to the wall?

This is a complex issue and could have various reasons behind it. Some possible explanations could include domestic violence, controlling behavior, or mental illness.

4. How can someone help a victim of rape?

If you know someone who has been raped, it is important to provide them with support and resources. This can include listening to them, believing them, and helping them seek medical attention and counseling.

5. What are the legal consequences for rape?

The consequences for rape can vary depending on the jurisdiction, but in most cases, it is considered a serious crime with severe penalties. These can include imprisonment, fines, and being required to register as a sex offender.