Need Help with Digital Systems? Check Out These Alternative Resources!

• Thread starter biogoal123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, the speaker is seeking help with understanding the textbook "Introduction to Digital Systems" and is asking for recommendations for an alternate book. They mention that the textbook is overly complicated and that they have no prior knowledge in the subject. They also include a link to a different online resource that may be helpful.
biogoal123
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum (hopefully it is), but this fall I'm taking a course titled Logic Design of Digital Systems and I recently acquired the textbook so I could get a headstart, but the problem is I can't make heads or tails of this text. I checked the amazon reviews and apparently I'm not the only one who feels that this book is overly complicated.

Anyways, what I was wondering is if you guys could help recommend an alternate book to help me self-learn this material because although my textbook assumes that we have NO knowledge of anything except introductory physics and calculus, it dives right into "combinational systems" and a bunch of other topics which seem greek to me. (and binary isn't even explained!)

Sorry, the textbook is called: Introduction to Digital Systems by Ercegovac, and I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend me another book to read / study from in the mean time because I can't seem to wrap my head around this without assistance

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I googled up that book... $170 from Amazon, bad reviews and all, #$#%#! you must really want to learn that stuff...

I don't know what level you are starting from, or what's actually in the textbook, but my second google result was for this:
http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee100/su07/handouts/IntroductionToDigitalSystems.pdf
which seems to be a pretty nice introduction to the Introduction. Hope it helps...

1. What is alternative text?

Alternative text, also known as alt text, is a brief description of an image or graphic element on a webpage that is used for accessibility purposes. It is read by screen readers for visually impaired users, allowing them to understand the content of the image.

2. Why is alternative text important?

Alternative text is important because it ensures that all users, regardless of their abilities, can access and understand the content on a webpage. It also helps with search engine optimization and can improve the overall user experience.

3. How do I write effective alternative text?

To write effective alternative text, you should be concise and descriptive. Use keywords that accurately describe the image and its purpose. Avoid using phrases like "image of" or "picture of." Also, consider the context of the image and its relevance to the surrounding content.

4. Can I use the same alternative text for different instances of the same image?

In most cases, it is not recommended to use the same alternative text for multiple instances of the same image. Each instance may have a different context or purpose, so it is best to write unique alternative text for each instance.

5. Is it necessary to include alternative text for decorative images?

No, it is not necessary to include alternative text for purely decorative images. However, it is still a good practice to include an empty alt attribute ("alt="") to indicate to screen readers that the image is not relevant to the content and can be skipped.