How long time until it hits the ground

In summary, a boy on a roller coaster dropped his shoe and after 10 seconds, it will hit the ground. The acceleration of the roller coaster is 34.37 m/s^2 and the only force acting on the shoe after it is dropped is gravity.
anthroxy

Homework Statement

A boy on a roller coaster dropped his shoe after 0,10. How long time will it take until his shoe hits the ground. The roller coasters acceleration is 34,37m/s^2

Homework Equations

First i started looking at a = delta v / delta t

The Attempt at a Solution

I have really no idea where to begin, not sure if it was acceptable to post this but i'd appreciate a tip or something that could get me started.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can figure out how fast the boy/shoe is moving after 10s.

What is the only force acting on his shoe after he drops it?

1. How is the time until an object hits the ground calculated?

The time until an object hits the ground is calculated using the equation t = √(2h/g), where t is the time in seconds, h is the height of the object in meters, and g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s²).

2. Does the mass of the object affect the time until it hits the ground?

No, the mass of the object does not affect the time until it hits the ground. The equation only takes into account the height and acceleration due to gravity.

3. Is the time until an object hits the ground the same regardless of its initial velocity?

Yes, the time until an object hits the ground is independent of its initial velocity. The equation only considers the height and acceleration due to gravity.

4. How accurate is the equation for calculating the time until an object hits the ground?

The equation for calculating the time until an object hits the ground is accurate for objects in free fall under the influence of gravity. However, it may not be as accurate for objects with air resistance or for objects in non-uniform gravitational fields.

5. Can the equation for calculating the time until an object hits the ground be used for objects on different planets?

Yes, the equation can be used for objects on different planets as long as the acceleration due to gravity is known. The acceleration due to gravity varies from planet to planet and can be substituted into the equation to calculate the time until an object hits the ground on that specific planet.