My potential supervisor is SO hot

In summary, Micro thinks that if she chooses to take the project with her potential supervisor, she will likely be disappointed. She likes the way he thinks, but is worried about how he would handle things if they were to actually get together.

Read through this whole thread. Lots of laughs. Not sure if nucleargirl is real... or just a really accomplished internet troll with lots of time on their hands.

Physics news on Phys.org

omg I'm loving the 'higher learning' thing! perhaps I should write a romantic novel! omg that's such a good idea :))) I think I'd be good at that, and its a back up plan to when science fails me.

and, yes, its all real.

I'm loving it! Writing it now... I'm going to be famous! and rich! wow!

and its actually called higher learning... working title at least.

460 words now.

forget it

Last edited:

It's not very good. Parts of it break a single statement into five sentences in an awkward attempt at pacing, and at other times you rush your writing in a free flowing orgy of commas

<h2>1. What should I do if I find my potential supervisor attractive?</h2><p>It is important to maintain a professional relationship with your supervisor, so it is best to keep any feelings of attraction to yourself. Focus on your work and treat your supervisor with respect.</p><h2>2. Can I date my potential supervisor if we both have mutual feelings?</h2><p>No, it is highly discouraged to have a romantic or sexual relationship with your supervisor. It can create a conflict of interest and can jeopardize your academic or professional career.</p><h2>3. What if my potential supervisor makes advances towards me?</h2><p>If you feel uncomfortable with any advances from your potential supervisor, it is important to communicate your boundaries clearly and directly. If the behavior continues, seek help from a higher authority or human resources.</p><h2>4. How can I maintain a professional relationship with my attractive supervisor?</h2><p>Set clear boundaries and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Avoid any personal conversations or interactions that may be perceived as flirtatious. Focus on your work and keep the relationship strictly professional.</p><h2>5. Will my feelings for my potential supervisor affect my work or evaluation?</h2><p>It is important to separate your personal feelings from your work. As long as you maintain a professional relationship and produce quality work, your feelings should not affect your evaluation. However, if you feel that your feelings are impacting your work, it may be helpful to discuss this with a higher authority or seek counseling.</p>

1. What should I do if I find my potential supervisor attractive?

It is important to maintain a professional relationship with your supervisor, so it is best to keep any feelings of attraction to yourself. Focus on your work and treat your supervisor with respect.

2. Can I date my potential supervisor if we both have mutual feelings?

No, it is highly discouraged to have a romantic or sexual relationship with your supervisor. It can create a conflict of interest and can jeopardize your academic or professional career.

3. What if my potential supervisor makes advances towards me?

If you feel uncomfortable with any advances from your potential supervisor, it is important to communicate your boundaries clearly and directly. If the behavior continues, seek help from a higher authority or human resources.

4. How can I maintain a professional relationship with my attractive supervisor?

Set clear boundaries and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Avoid any personal conversations or interactions that may be perceived as flirtatious. Focus on your work and keep the relationship strictly professional.

5. Will my feelings for my potential supervisor affect my work or evaluation?

It is important to separate your personal feelings from your work. As long as you maintain a professional relationship and produce quality work, your feelings should not affect your evaluation. However, if you feel that your feelings are impacting your work, it may be helpful to discuss this with a higher authority or seek counseling.