Are These the Funniest Thread Titles in Astronomy and Cosmology?

In summary, the main index of the Astronomy and Cosmology subforums featured four thread titles that lined up in an amusing way: "Is it smart?", "Is it possible?", "Possible solution for dark...", and "Angle of the sun?". This sparked a humorous exchange among members, with one member joking about the need for more lame jokes and another celebrating the departure of a member with a similar username.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Every once in a while thread titles line up in amusing ways on the main index. In the Astronomy and Cosmology subforums, these were the four thread titles listed, in the order they appeared on the main index just now:

"Is it smart?"
"Is it possible?"
"Possible solution for dark..."
"Angle of the sun?"

:rofl: Priceless!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Funny thread titles! Lol, that's a riot! :rofl:

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Anything tribdog posts... seriously.

I liked when it two threads were:
"What this forum needs"
"More lame jokes"

tribdog said:
I liked when it two threads were:
"What this forum needs"
"More lame jokes"

Yep, that was a good one! :rofl:

"'Do you feel love is real?'" (posted by Carly)
"Happy Day! Wahoo! ...Carly is gone!"

(With apologies to the PF Carly.)

plover said:
"'Do you feel love is real?'" (posted by Carly)
"Happy Day! Wahoo! ...Carly is gone!"

:rofl: Yeah, I was taken aback earlier when I saw the title about Carly being gone, and know I had seen a new poster named Carly. I was starting to worry the mentors were getting a little overjoyed and trigger happy about banning people, until I realized it was two different Carlys. :rofl:

1. What makes a thread title funny?

A funny thread title is often unexpected and clever. It may play on words, use irony or sarcasm, or reference pop culture. It should also be relatable and relevant to the topic of the thread.

2. Can a funny thread title still be informative?

Yes, a funny thread title can still convey important information about the topic being discussed. In fact, combining humor with information can make the title even more attention-grabbing and engaging.

3. Are there any topics that should not have funny thread titles?

It is important to use good judgement when creating a funny thread title. Some topics, such as serious or sensitive subjects, may not be appropriate for humor. It is important to be respectful and considerate of others when using humor in any context.

4. How can a funny thread title impact the success of a thread?

A well-crafted funny thread title can attract more attention and encourage more people to click on and engage with the thread. It can also set a lighthearted tone for the discussion and make it more enjoyable for participants.

5. Are there any tips for creating a funny thread title?

Some tips for creating a funny thread title include using puns, wordplay, or references to popular memes or jokes. It is also helpful to keep the title concise and easy to understand. However, the most important tip is to be creative and have fun with it!