Why do I have a gray thanks?

• Thread starter Jolb
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a discrepancy in the number of thanks a user has received on Physics Forums. The user notices that although their thanks counter at the top of the page shows a certain number, when they go to view their thankses, there is one more listed. They also mention a gray icon next to one of the thanks, which they initially thought was because the thanker had too few posts. However, they later received a thanks from someone with less than 10 posts. The user also mentions a bug that they have yet to look at. They continue to bring up the issue and mention that their thanks counter is half-covered by the search bar and ask if it could be because they have reached their PM limit.
Jolb
So under my name at the top of Physics Forums I see "Thanks: x" for some value of x. But when I go to look at my thankses, I see x+1 thankses listed, but one thanks has a little gray icon next to it rather than the healthy green. Why did I not get credit for the gray thanks?

I initially thought it was because the thanker had too few posts but today I got a thanks from someone with <10 posts.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a snapshot of the necrotic gray icon.

Attachments

• moby dick thanks.jpg
    moby dick thanks.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 464
It's a bug that I have yet to look at. Soon! :)

Hey Greg,

My Thanks counter at the top of the page is still too low by one. The boxes next to the thankses are all green now, but I still count one more in that list than what is reflected on the top right of the PF main page.

Sorry to keep bugging bout about this.

And FYI, my "thanks" counter is below my stats bar, half covered-up by the search bar.

russ_watters said:
And FYI, my "thanks" counter is below my stats bar, half covered-up by the search bar.

Are you reaching your PM limit?

1. Why do I have gray hair?

Gray hair is a natural part of the aging process. As we grow older, our hair follicles produce less melanin, the pigment that gives hair its color. This leads to the hair appearing gray, white, or silver.

2. Can stress cause gray hair?

While stress may contribute to premature graying, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. More research is needed to fully understand the relationship between stress and hair pigmentation.

3. Is there a genetic factor in graying hair?

Yes, genetics play a significant role in the graying of hair. If your parents or grandparents experienced premature graying, you may be more likely to have gray hair at a younger age.

4. Can certain medical conditions cause gray hair?

Some medical conditions, such as thyroid disorders and vitamin deficiencies, have been linked to premature graying. If you are concerned about your gray hair, it is best to consult with a doctor.

5. Is it possible to reverse gray hair?

There is currently no scientific evidence that proves gray hair can be reversed. However, there are some anecdotal remedies, such as taking certain supplements or using specialized hair products, that claim to help restore hair pigmentation. It is important to consult with a doctor before trying any of these methods.