Mark Forums Read link not visible when not logged in

• Thread starter TurtleMeister
  • Start date
In summary, the "Mark Forums Read" link is only visible and accessible to registered users who are logged in to the forum. It is not possible to use this feature without being logged in, as it is only available to registered users to prevent misuse or spam. Additionally, this feature can only be accessed from the user's own account and cannot be used from a different device if the user is not logged in.
TurtleMeister
Is this a bug or was it changed intentionally?

Physics news on Phys.org
TurtleMeister said:
Is this a bug or was it changed intentionally?

intentional, log in :)

Hmm, I guess I'll have to start logging in just to read. It's becoming more inconvenient not to. Of course I could delete cookies, but that's inconvenient also.

1. Why can't I see the "Mark Forums Read" link when I am not logged in?

The "Mark Forums Read" link is only visible when you are logged in to the forum. This is because the feature is only available to registered users who have an account on the forum.

2. Can I still mark forums as read if I am not logged in?

No, you cannot mark forums as read if you are not logged in. This feature is only available to registered users who are logged in to the forum.

3. Is there a way to mark forums as read without being logged in?

No, there is no way to mark forums as read without being logged in. This feature is only available to registered users who are logged in to the forum.

4. Why do I need to be logged in to use the "Mark Forums Read" feature?

The "Mark Forums Read" feature is only available to registered users who are logged in to the forum. This is to ensure that the feature is used appropriately and to prevent spam or misuse of the feature.

5. Can I access the "Mark Forums Read" feature from a different device if I am not logged in?

No, you cannot access the "Mark Forums Read" feature from a different device if you are not logged in. This feature is only available to registered users who are logged in to the forum from their own account.