Drawing schematics on high voltage components, like transformers etc.

In summary, the conversation is about finding a schematics program that includes models of large transformers, current transformers, fuses, and circuit breakers. The participants discuss different options for drawing and simulating circuits, including programs like ETAP and AutoCAD with the appropriate symbol libraries. Ultimately, it is suggested to search online for libraries specific to the chosen CAD program.
EVriderDK
I know of multisim, but that is mostly fo rlow voltage applications. I need a schematics program like multisim, that has models of big transformer stations, current transformers, fuses, circuit breakers etc.

Anyone of you who knows of a tool like this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you only want to draw circuits, schematics, really any program will work if you develop or purchase the correct symbol library. However if you are looking to simulate these circuits, most of the programs targeting protection and coordination. For example ETAP is one I remember, but there are others.

No, I don't want to simulate.
Just need a symbol pack. But where can I find them?

For whatever cad / drawing package you are using, search for Single line or three line symbols. Some pretty good 2D cad programs out there, DraftSight, Solid Edge - then look for these libraries.

If only for drawing, as suggested by windadct, use autocad and get electrical library, there are a lot on the net just google it.

Okay I will do that, Thank you all!

What is the purpose of drawing schematics on high voltage components?

Drawing schematics on high voltage components helps to provide a visual representation of the circuit, making it easier to understand and troubleshoot potential issues. It also ensures that the circuit is designed and wired correctly, reducing the risk of accidents or malfunctions.

What information should be included in a schematic for high voltage components?

A schematic for high voltage components should include the circuit's components, their connections, and their values. It should also include any safety precautions, such as grounding and insulation, and any test points or measurement points for troubleshooting.

Are there any specific symbols or conventions used when drawing schematics for high voltage components?

Yes, there are specific symbols and conventions used in schematic diagrams for high voltage components. For example, a zigzag line is used to represent a transformer, and a series of lines represents a capacitor. It is essential to follow these symbols and conventions to ensure proper understanding of the circuit.

What are some safety precautions to keep in mind when drawing schematics for high voltage components?

When drawing schematics for high voltage components, it is crucial to follow safety precautions to ensure your own safety and the safety of others. These precautions may include wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, using insulated tools, and avoiding working on live circuits whenever possible.

How can one ensure accuracy and clarity when drawing schematics for high voltage components?

To ensure accuracy and clarity when drawing schematics for high voltage components, it is essential to follow a standardized format and use clear and concise labeling. It is also helpful to have the schematic reviewed by another person to catch any potential errors or confusion before implementation.