Formula for Calculating vibration

In summary, David is looking for calculations to be added to his website. He has been banned for spamming.
DavidGross
Hello,
I am looking for calculating vibration, can anyone help me with formula

David

Engineering news on Phys.org
From what?

If you want an answer, you're going to have to be a bit more specific! How would you respond if I asked "How do you calculate power?"

What are you trying to do?

David, there's a simple answer here (the motor vibrates at a frequency determined by its rotation rate), which may or may not (probably not) be all you want to know. The trouble is, after that, vibration gets very complicated and is the subject of an upper-level engineering course (generally considered the hardest ME course there is). The phrase "calculating vibration" doesn't actually have any meaning. There isn't just one potential calculation. So you're going to have to give us much more about what you want.

You posted a website there - is it yours and are you looking for calculations you can add to it?

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
David, there's a simple answer here (the motor vibrates at a frequency determined by its rotation rate), which may or may not (probably not) be all you want to know. The trouble is, after that, vibration gets very complicated and is the subject of an upper-level engineering course (generally considered the hardest ME course there is). The phrase "calculating vibration" doesn't actually have any meaning. There isn't just one potential calculation. So you're going to have to give us much more about what you want.

You posted a website there - is it yours and are you looking for calculations you can add to it?

Yes I am looking to add several equations, my website is free to use, My goal is to help as many engineers and students around the world.

Why is there a line through DavidGross' name? I've seen this before on some others, what does it mean?

CS

The line through the name means the user has been banned. In this case, for spamming (under several names).

Doc Al said:
The line through the name means the user has been banned. In this case, for spamming (under several names).

I figured it was something bad.

Thanks Doc.

What is the formula for calculating vibration?

The formula for calculating vibration is f = 1/T, where f is the frequency and T is the period.

How do you calculate the frequency of vibration?

To calculate the frequency of vibration, you can use the formula f = 1/T, where T is the period of the vibration.

What is the relationship between frequency and vibration?

The frequency of a vibration is directly proportional to the vibration itself. This means that as the frequency increases, the vibration also increases, and vice versa.

Can the formula for calculating vibration be used for any type of vibration?

Yes, the formula for calculating vibration can be used for any type of vibration, whether it is mechanical, acoustic, or electromagnetic.

What are some real-world applications of the formula for calculating vibration?

The formula for calculating vibration is used in various fields, such as engineering, physics, and music. It is used to analyze and design structures, study wave phenomena, and determine the pitch of musical instruments, among other applications.