Nobody Likes Me - Struggling With Life

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, Mr. Lizard seems to be feeling lonely and despairing due to the fact that no one seems to like him. He suggests that suicide may be the only way out, but ultimately decides against it and instead starts looking for friends here on PF. He feels that those who are different from him are actually the ones who are worth getting to know, since they are the ones who can show him the beauty in life.
En_lizard
why is there nobody in the world who likes me? not in real life nor in the virtual world?:cry: why should i continue this awful life? if i kill myself, at least i get rid of my final exams.:mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure someone likes you, not me, but someone. I'll take a guess as to why you feel that way though.
Suicide is the coward's way out. Make everyone else miserable and take the easy way out. I've walked into a room where my buddy had just blown his brains out and I hate him for it.
I've got a special perspective on all this too. I've had some awful times and I"ve died.
You're life is not awful. I was homeless a few years ago and someone stole my shoes on Christmas Day. That was awful.
I had a knife stuck in my neck and I died. That was awful.
No matter how awful life was though it was infinitely better than death. Death is cold and lonely and forever. It is scary like you wouldn't believe and fight as hard as you can to avoid it. Trust me on this one.
Why don't you try filling out your profile so people can learn a little something about you. Then hang out here for a while. I promise there are people here who would love to be your friend. Yeah, you might have to work a little bit, don't be a dick that sort of thing, but without a doubt you can make friends here. Just quit talking about killing yourself and start talking about how much finals suck. There are 100 people here going through the same thing.
Don't expect to latch on to a top notch buddy like me right off the bat, I'm upper echelon, but who knows. I'll even promise to talk to you if you need to talk, no charge.

En_lizard said:
why is there nobody in the world who likes me? not in real life nor in the virtual world?:cry: why should i continue this awful life? if i kill myself, at least i get rid of my final exams.:mad:
If this is the way you usually introduce yourself, perhaps the problem is that you're over-dramatic? Have you tried not bringing up your own suicide the first time you meet someone?

Welcome to PF, Mr. Lizard, but yeah... you've got to work up a new intro. We're all (okay, most of us) very practical people, despite the screwing around that goes on in this particular forum. We'll like you or not like you based upon your actions here. Settle down a bit and let us get to know you.

There are plenty of academic types around this forum who can't seem to fit in with the rest of society. Whether this is true because they are introverted, or their claim that the people that they can't get along with really are that stupid, this is definitely a place where the rest of us fit in.

If the above is true, you'll probably fit right in here at PF.

motai said:
There are plenty of academic types around this forum who can't seem to fit in with the rest of society. Whether this is true because they are introverted, or their claim that the people that they can't get along with really are that stupid, this is definitely a place where the rest of us fit in.

If the above is true, you'll probably fit right in here at PF.

People are just stupid. :tongue2:

Don't commit suicide, there's too much to learn in the world!

Wait until you become all-knowing, THEN you can commit suicide.

And yes, people are just stupid.
Example: Kid in my class, is told 5 TIMES, during a TEST, to SIT DOWN and STOP TALKING to a friend. But no, 2 mins later, "Oh my god you hear that new xbox?"

No body likes me either so I just delight in tormenting them with my presence. :wink: just kiddin'.

I hope that you're just joking around about this. If there's something going on that is annoying you in particular at the moment which led you to post this then perhaps you should have posted about what ever this thing is instead. As Trib has shown, with this many people here you are bound to find someone who can relate with just about anything going on in your life.
Hope you're feeling better.

i was just stress out about my exam and needed somebody to talk. but all of you were too late. sounds it is me who should help some of you to appreciate life in the real world more. no, i don't think people around me are stupid. we're just different.

tribdog said:
Don't expect to latch on to a top notch buddy like me right off the bat, .
like who?(other than yourself):smile:

Just change your name to Raymond - then everybody will like you. :)

Danger said:
Welcome to PF, Mr. Lizard
Hey that's my format!

Mk said:
Hey that's my format!
Your royalties cheque is in the mail. Since I don't know your address, though, it will return to me and I'll use it to buy beer.

1. What is "Nobody Likes Me - Struggling With Life" about?

"Nobody Likes Me - Struggling With Life" is a book that explores the concept of isolation and loneliness in the context of struggling with life's challenges. It delves into the psychological and social factors that contribute to feeling disliked and offers strategies for coping and finding connection.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is primarily targeted towards individuals who are struggling with feelings of isolation and loneliness, but it can also be beneficial for mental health professionals, educators, and anyone interested in understanding and supporting those who are struggling with life's challenges.

3. What makes this book different from others on the same topic?

"Nobody Likes Me - Struggling With Life" takes a unique approach to the topic of loneliness by exploring it in the context of life struggles. It also offers practical strategies for coping and finding connection, rather than just focusing on the negative aspects of feeling disliked.

4. Does this book offer any scientific evidence or research?

Yes, this book is based on extensive research on the topics of loneliness, social isolation, and mental health. It also incorporates personal anecdotes and experiences to provide a well-rounded perspective on the subject.

5. Is this book suitable for someone who is not struggling with mental health issues?

Yes, this book can be beneficial for anyone who is looking to understand the complexities of loneliness and isolation, regardless of their own mental health status. It offers insights and strategies that can be helpful for anyone who has ever felt disliked or disconnected from others.