Should sick people wear filter masks instead of spreading their germs?

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
In summary, babies are considered bioterrorists due to their constant spreading of germs. Motorwheelchairs, which are motorized vehicles with wheels, are also seen as a nuisance and should not be allowed on sidewalks. Instead, sick people should wear filter masks to prevent the spread of novel, drug-resistant strains of the flu. These issues are often not addressed by anyone, making it a problem for society.
Rach3
1. Babies are terrorists; thus they should not be allowed on planes.

2. Motorwheelchairs are motorized vehicles with wheels and should not be allowed on sidewalks (same as motorcycles).

3. Sick people should wear filter masks rather than using random people in the street as guinea pigs to be infected with a novel subspecies of drug-resistant flu.
It's not pretty, but someone had to say it!

Physics news on Phys.org
Rach for president!

My campaign pledge is to take the hardline against babies in this global War On Annoyances.

Man, you complain too damn much, and this is coming from me, a complainer!

Last edited:
:rofl: I think 1 and 3 might be closely related. Babies are definitely bioterrorists, constantly spreading nasty germs everywhere they go!

mattmns said:
Rach for president!

No,

1. Babies are terrorists; thus they should not be allowed on planes.

So who is doing something about it? Nobody!

2. Motorwheelchairs are motorized vehicles with wheels and should not be allowed on sidewalks (same as motorcycles).

3. Sick people should wear filter masks rather than using random people in the street as guinea pigs to be infected with a novel subspecies of drug-resistant flu.

So, who is our hero? Nobody, therefore:

nobody for president!

Geez, I already find it frustrating enough driving behind buses. You're suggesting that I should have to drive behind a motorized wheel chair?:biggrin:

Of course this would be just as terrifying for the person in the wheelchair.

Could you imagine making a left turn in a wheelchair in downtown traffic doing a top speed of 5km/h? lol

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
:rofl: I think 1 and 3 might be closely related. Babies are definitely bioterrorists, constantly spreading nasty germs everywhere they go!

I had a colleague with an interesting point of view: That until your children all reach circa age 12 you will be periodically re-infected by viruses (his example was Rhinovirus) that you already have some resistance to. He selected age 12 as the point at which children develop a fully functioning immune system. I like to think of it as more related to hygiene vs "lowgiene".

Anyway - these folks at the George Washington U School of Public Health think the same way with regard to flu:

http://www.healthinschools.org/ejournal/2005/dec1.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What causes someone to go on a "more angry rant"?

There can be many factors that contribute to someone going on a more angry rant, such as feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, or provoked. It could also be due to underlying anger issues or a lack of effective communication skills.

2. Is going on a "more angry rant" harmful?

It depends on the situation and the individual. In some cases, expressing anger can be a healthy way to release pent-up emotions. However, if the rant becomes aggressive or destructive, it can be harmful to both the person ranting and those around them.

3. How can I deal with someone who frequently goes on "more angry rants"?

It is important to remain calm and avoid engaging in the rant. Instead, try to listen and understand their perspective, and then calmly communicate your own thoughts and feelings. If the situation becomes too intense, it may be best to remove yourself from the situation and address it later when both parties are calmer.

4. Can "more angry rants" be a sign of a larger issue?

Yes, frequent and intense angry rants could be a sign of underlying anger management issues or mental health problems. It is important to address these issues and seek professional help if needed.

5. How can I prevent myself from going on a "more angry rant"?

It can be helpful to identify triggers that may cause you to become angry and find healthy ways to cope with them, such as practicing deep breathing or taking a break from the situation. It is also important to communicate openly and effectively with others to prevent misunderstandings and conflicts that may lead to angry rants.

Back