Free Engineering Video Lectures from IIT

In summary, IIT is broadcasting video lectures on various engineering topics, which can be accessed on YouTube. These lectures are helpful for students and there are tools available to download them. Some recommended tools are Youtubeget, FlashGet plugin for Mozilla Firefox, and keepvid.com. However, the latter method may have some bugs. This is a great example of the internet providing useful resources for education.
scothoward
http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=nptelhrd

It looks like IIT is broadcasting a ton of Engineering (mostly Electrical and Computer) video lectures. These are complete courses!

Enjoy

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for posting this. There are several topics here that I'm very interested him.

wow that's nice..startin my engineering course at oxford next year and can get a little peak at some topics

Thanks for sharing the video lectures. They are useful.

thanks for sharing this videos .they are very useful to us please keepitup

hi, can u tell me the procedure to how to download youtube videos

There are many tools, though I haven't use any of them. Google is your friend. Keyword is : download video tool youtube. I heard a tool named "youtubeget", but I'm not trying yet. You could have a try.

add a mozilla plug-in named "flash get" to mozilla firefox.
When you visit that youtube video a small flim strip shows at the bottom right of the
browser - where the progress bar is.Click on it to download that file.
It downloads in flv format.there are tons of converters out there to chnage it to your favorite format.

You can also down load youtube videos from "keepvid.com" directly into mp4 format but i found that method buggy.

Thanks, this is what internet is all about.

ElectroPhysics said:
hi, can u tell me the procedure to how to download youtube videos

www.savevid.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the purpose of the "Free Engineering Video Lectures from IIT" program?

The purpose of the program is to provide free access to high-quality engineering lectures from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to students and professionals interested in learning or enhancing their knowledge in various engineering topics.

Who can benefit from the "Free Engineering Video Lectures from IIT" program?

The program is beneficial for anyone interested in learning about engineering, regardless of their educational background or current level of expertise. It can benefit students, professionals, and even hobbyists looking to expand their knowledge in engineering.

Are the lectures only focused on a specific engineering field?

No, the program covers a wide range of engineering fields including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, civil, computer science, and chemical engineering. There are also interdisciplinary courses available for those interested in multiple engineering disciplines.

How can I access the "Free Engineering Video Lectures from IIT" program?

The lectures are available for free on various platforms such as YouTube, NPTEL, and the IIT website. Some courses may also require registration, which is also free of charge.

Can I use the lectures for academic or commercial purposes?

Yes, the lectures are free to use for academic and commercial purposes as long as proper attribution is given to the IIT and the lecturer. However, it is always best to check the specific usage terms for each lecture before using it for commercial purposes.