Is it time to say goodbye to a valued mentor?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary: weeks?I can understand the resignation of mentorness, but leaving completely?We demand an explanation!Jeez, Moonie... this is a kicker. It's nice to hear that your life is going so well, but we'll certainly miss you. Hang onto my e-mail address.I hope this means you get to have a little more fun, and a lot more romance. Thanks for all you have done:!) We will always love ya!:eek: :bugeye:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi folks.

After many years here, I'm resigning my mentor title and leaving the forum. I've had a lot of fun here and made a lot of friendships among the membership here.

Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything, just reevaluating my priorities, and unfortunately, PF cannot be one of them anymore.

I wish you all well. I'll miss a lot of people here.

Physics news on Phys.org
WTF is going on here?

You can't go, Moonbear. :frown: :cry:

Who thinks OLD men can't be heart broken ??:cry:

Best wishes for whatever you do.:smile:

This is a real shock. :cry:

Unfortunately, I think your serious.

Moonbear, your one of the shining lights of this forum. Very few members come close in making a contribution to PF that is as large as yours has been.

I hope you reconsider your decision, but if not, good luck to you. I wish you the best.

:frown:

Last edited:
What a sad day...

I hope you're not going for good Moonie. You can pop in from time to time? :frown:

Moonbear said:
leaving the forum

You mean like "click, the lights go off"? Like "I will never browse nor comment on anything"? I don't get it :frown:

Good luck, if you will ever need some wicked advice, you know the URL.

Borek said:
You mean like "click, the lights go off"? Like "I will never browse nor comment on anything"? I don't get it :frown:

Ditto.

But thanks for your services as a mentor. :)

Aw :frown:

Best of luck with whatever you do.

She's bluffing. She must be bluffing. Moonbum, are you bluffing? I can understand the resignation of mentorness, but leaving completely?

We demand an explanation!

Jeez, Moonie... this is a kicker. It's nice to hear that your life is going so well, but we'll certainly miss you. Hang onto my e-mail address.

I hope this means you get to have a little more fun, and a lot more romance. Thanks for all you have done:!) We will always love ya!

:eek: :bugeye: this I was not expecting. :cry: what's happening.

Borek said:

Bye Moonbear! Good Luck!

waah! :cry: :cry:

Wow. Good luck Moonbear!

Moonbear said:
Hi folks.

After many years here, I'm resigning my mentor title and leaving the forum. I've had a lot of fun here and made a lot of friendships among the membership here.

Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything, just reevaluating my priorities, and unfortunately, PF cannot be one of them anymore.

Thanks for giving me my sole infraction - otherwise I appreciate the advice that you posted to some of my posts. :smile: I wish you a very happy future - probably career related.

Good luck, Moonie!:smile:

Sorry to see your voice go silent here. I think you have provided a really sound perspective. Surely we can hope you won't be totally silent.

But best of luck regardless in whatever draws you away, and in whatever is to be writ in your next chapter.

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I concur with Cyrus...Good luck with all you should choose to do.

Moonbear said:
Hi folks.

I never did find out your nick from the Dr. Neutrino forum.

Perhaps we will meet again in another 12 years.

Godspeed.

Moonbear,
I have noted your absence over the last few days. I am very sorry to hear this, it is a sad day indeed.
Good luck to you.

Integral

Really sorry to see you leave, Moonbear. Hope you'll be able to pop back in from time to time, even if it's just once a month or so.

:cry: Thanks for all the good discussions, and good luck with all your pursuits.

Has she left us for good?:uhh:I really can't imagine PF without her!

Moonbear said:
Hi folks.

I'll miss you. :frown:

I'll miss you, too. Good luck, Moonie!

I'll miss your sheep chat. :frown:

I am stunned.

And sad.

I'll just say, yes, what everyone else said.

People who leave a forum they've been involved in do so by posting less and less over time, slowly becoming lurkers, and eventually just stop coming. People who make a "definitive" goodbye post almost never leave like that. It just doesn't happen. She'll be back within a couple months.

Likes gracy
Ave atque vale, ursa lunae.
We were lucky to have you.

We are truly going to miss her. I miss her already, and I had no clue she was planning one leaving us all. Well, good luck to her and all that in her future, and we hope to see her around sometimes still.

<h2>1. When is the right time to say goodbye to a valued mentor?</h2><p>The right time to say goodbye to a valued mentor varies for each individual and situation. It is important to consider factors such as your mentor's availability, your own readiness to move on, and the progress you have made in your mentor-mentee relationship.</p><h2>2. How do I know if it is time to say goodbye to my mentor?</h2><p>It may be time to say goodbye to your mentor if you feel that you have achieved your goals and have grown as a mentee. Additionally, if your mentor is no longer able to provide the guidance and support you need, it may be time to move on.</p><h2>3. Is it okay to end a mentor-mentee relationship?</h2><p>Yes, it is okay to end a mentor-mentee relationship if it is no longer beneficial for both parties. It is important to communicate openly and respectfully with your mentor about your decision to end the relationship.</p><h2>4. How do I say goodbye to a valued mentor?</h2><p>Saying goodbye to a valued mentor can be difficult, but it is important to express your gratitude and appreciation for their guidance and support. You can also offer to stay in touch and continue to seek their advice in the future.</p><h2>5. What should I do after saying goodbye to my mentor?</h2><p>After saying goodbye to your mentor, it is important to reflect on the lessons and skills you have gained from the relationship. You can also seek out new mentors or continue to build your skills and knowledge on your own.</p>

1. When is the right time to say goodbye to a valued mentor?

The right time to say goodbye to a valued mentor varies for each individual and situation. It is important to consider factors such as your mentor's availability, your own readiness to move on, and the progress you have made in your mentor-mentee relationship.

2. How do I know if it is time to say goodbye to my mentor?

It may be time to say goodbye to your mentor if you feel that you have achieved your goals and have grown as a mentee. Additionally, if your mentor is no longer able to provide the guidance and support you need, it may be time to move on.

3. Is it okay to end a mentor-mentee relationship?

Yes, it is okay to end a mentor-mentee relationship if it is no longer beneficial for both parties. It is important to communicate openly and respectfully with your mentor about your decision to end the relationship.

4. How do I say goodbye to a valued mentor?

Saying goodbye to a valued mentor can be difficult, but it is important to express your gratitude and appreciation for their guidance and support. You can also offer to stay in touch and continue to seek their advice in the future.

5. What should I do after saying goodbye to my mentor?

After saying goodbye to your mentor, it is important to reflect on the lessons and skills you have gained from the relationship. You can also seek out new mentors or continue to build your skills and knowledge on your own.