Finding the Right Equation: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, congratulations are in order for the arrival of a new baby. This will be a challenging year, but in the end, the love and bond between parent and child will be something to be celebrated.
OmCheeto said:
Anyways, Congrats Pyth! I'd give advice, but I've only ever had goldfish.

I know I am going to get into all kinds of trouble for this, but live life on the edge is my motto:

Attachments

• VeraIsAMermaid.JPG
    VeraIsAMermaid.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
"Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up
children. Now I have six children and no theories."
- John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

Congrat's Pythagorean!

OmCheeto said:
Anyways, Congrats Pyth! I'd give advice, but I've only ever had goldfish.

I've only ever had a cat, but that doesn't stop me. :biggrin: Then again, after cleaning litter boxes and hairballs, and today, giving the cat a brand new scratcher only to watch her flip it over and decide to chew on the feet rather than scratching it, I'm pretty sure the concepts are similar. :biggrin:

Congratulations Pythagorean!

May I ask how old you are for those cowards who feel they are too young to be up to this formidable task?:biggrin:

Congrats!

Well done Pythagorean! All the best to you and yours.

jimmysnyder said:
Congratulations to you and your family. We have 2 kids of our own. I haven't had a crisis with them in over an hour so I may have forgotten some of the details, but here is the equation you require.

[tex]L + U + \infty = \int^{\sqrt{\frac{7.5\nabla(x^6 + y^5 -z^{-4})}{\sin(\theta)}}}_{y - z^3\epsilon}e^{{tan^{-1}(100\omega^{99\omega^{98\omega}})}}d\omega + \partial_{\mu}{\Gamma(2 - \frac{2}{d}\Pi(\pi\alpha(\mu)))[/tex]

Solution is 42.
Hmm. Empirically we know that in the limit this quantity is unbounded, especially for a girl.

Congratulations.

Wish you all the best!

Kids will be a pain in the *** - forever ;-) but there is nothing better, ever.

Hug your kid, hug your wife, and you will be happy for the rest of your life.

:smile:

Congraduations, Pythagorean. I fell in love with my tiny baby boy when I first held him. And now he's 7! Good grief. I can't explain it. May your little girl be so fortunate as to have a devoted slave for a father. As for you, good luck!

edward said:
Congratulations and that is what they all look like when they are hungry:biggrin:
I recall that expression. It means I want something, I want it now, and I'm not going to tell you what it is, not even after I get it.
She is charming.

Congrats to you and mom, Pythagorean. You are a very, very lucky person. For real.

Best wishes for your family! What a beautiful name.

sokrates said:
Congratulations Pythagorean!

May I ask how old you are for those cowards who feel they are too young to be up to this formidable task?:biggrin:

Congrats!

I'll be 29 in a week. I still feel like I'm just a kid though, honestly. Becoming a father has changed me though, almost over night. Crazy intense experience.

Congratulations! There's nothing wrong with being young at heart, but this little girl will probably help you reach that extra level of maturity. It's all one big roller-coaster :smile:

Pythagorean said:
Does anybody have a good idea on what equation I should start with? I'm not really sure how to start this problem.

a simple a^2 +b^2=c^2 where a equals love b equals responsibility, and c equals a happy successful child.

show your work.

Moonbear said:
I've only ever had a cat, but that doesn't stop me. :biggrin: Then again, after cleaning litter boxes and hairballs, and today, giving the cat a brand new scratcher only to watch her flip it over and decide to chew on the feet rather than scratching it, I'm pretty sure the concepts are similar. :biggrin:

Oh! Thank you Moony. I almost forgot about my experience with Birdy.

Pyth! If in the next few months, should Vera Lynn be flying around the backyard and be attacked by an evil bird of prey, don't panic. Just get a fishing net, scoop her up, plop her into the bathtub, and in 3 weeks, she'll good as new.

:smile: