What's Happening at the Human Services Department This Weekend?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, several mentors and staff members of the forum will be unavailable this weekend due to an impromptu get-together that requires travel. They will still have internet connection and will try to address any issues or PMs when they can. The forum will still be monitored and an update with more details may be provided in the future.
Where the hell are you guys? This isn't funny. Guys? This is supposed to be a party

Physics news on Phys.org
Found them. Never mind.

GeorginaS said:
Am I allowed to say we knew that? :biggrin:

You knew I'm an idiot? Ouch, that hurts even more than the self-inficted stuff..

The photo looks like a shot of Belize, Southern CA, or at least a 100 other places on this planet! Sun burned Berkeman. Painful and dehydrated. Hope you feel better.

Last edited:
Greg is the best, awesome guy! Looks good too!

muahaha Berke is in the bathroom and left his account open.

Off to dinner!

- love greg

fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154

Last edited:
lisab said:
Could it be...possibly...Bora Bora (gasp!)?

Oh wow! Buy up some property for a PFers retirement village!

As long as it is not raining, this hammock will do for me.

bora-bora-not-hawaii.jpg

The whole island in the background will do-it for me. I promise I won't institute a visa system, so you all will be able to enjoy my land :devil:

Borek said:
As long as it is not raining, this hammock will do for me.

bora-bora-not-hawaii.jpg

I still can't sleep when I'm supposed to ... jetlag is horrible!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

Sleep is overrated. :rofl:

When do I get my postcard?

Well, well, you are having a good time and forums went awry for about an hour.

berkeman said:

Off to dinner!

- love greg

fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154

Two clues!

The time stamp for dinner would be 7 pm in Hawaii.

plus

googling "fdsafsdfdasfdsf" yields the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sArqYnFaYeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param [Broken] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sArqYnFaYeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Has the hotel realized that you've thrown all of their furniture into the pool yet?

Bad boys and girls. bad. bad. bad... :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:

Zz.

You're not supposed to sleep right now...:biggrin:
You'll have so many time to sleep when you'll come back home!

Where ever you guys are, actually or virtually, I hope you're having a great time :smile:. You all deserve a nice break :approve:.

Argh. I was too busy to take pictures yesterday...

But my computer illiterate friend did, and snapped the following picture from his HDTV which he was looking at when he called me and took a photograph with his new i-phone thingy, sent the picture to my cell phone, which I forwarded to my email address, which I uploaded and...

jacksfirstdayatthebeach.jpg

sorry.

No lampshades.

12 week old Aussie Shepherd belonging to the hippie in the background.

Puppies rule! :smile:

You all are hilarious! I'm having a great time! I wish I could divulge more, but have been sworn to secrecy about the details. We have a big afternoon/evening planned here, so this is probably my last post. I need to get ready and we're unlikely to be checking in until the evening's festivities are over, whenever that is. Hopefully I'll stay awake longer than I did last night (the west coasters definitely have the advantage on me...at least Zz turned in earlier than I did, so I wasn't the first to bail out to head to bed). I'm going to head down to the cafe for some coffee to make sure I don't start nodding off so early tonight. :rofl: I think there will be dancing too, so that will help me stay awake. I wasn't doing so well with just sitting around in the bar last night.

I should have gotten one of those disposable underwater cameras for yesterday though! I had a ball snorkeling. The fish are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait until I get the green light to explain more about what we're up to here and can start posting all the photos!

It's just too short of a trip though. I'd have loved to have stayed an extra week, but couldn't get the time off work. Even a nice long weekend is nice though (though I've heard it's been a beautiful weekend back home too and I'm probably going to be returning to cold and snow. Figures! :grumpy:)

berkeman said:

Off to dinner!

- love greg

fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154

Holy crap! WTH Greg? I mean I know you're the boss and all, and well, you know. But hacking my account on, well, okay, your website... Um, well whatever. You own the place.

Jeeze, why don't you post some pictures of me in the shower or something. Come to think of it, that might make up for you hacking my laptop...

Anyway, it will be good to get back to the mainland. Never thought I'd say that.

berkeman said:
Holy crap! WTH Greg? I mean I know you're the boss and all, and well, you know. But hacking my account on, well, okay, your website... Um, well whatever. You own the place.

Jeeze, why don't you post some pictures of me in the shower or something. Come to think of it, that might make up for you hacking my laptop...

Lol, you got to admit that was pretty funny. :rofl:

berkeman said:

Anyway, it will be good to get back to the mainland. Never thought I'd say that.

Last edited by Greg Bernhardt; Y at 11:33 PM..

:rofl::rofl:

Lisa! said:
Last edited by Greg Bernhardt; Y at 11:33 PM..

:rofl::rofl:

hehe,

ohhh man Greg has it coming

berkeman said:

Off to dinner!

- love greg

fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154

I can't stop laughing! Greg, you have a wonderful sense of humor. I like it. Bad boy promo. :wink: Computer security flew out the door but the network is secure. I can't stop laughing! I bet you're a good dancer. (I love to dance.) I think I know where you are but best to keep it a secret. Have fun and keep up the good work here and abroad.

Smiles across the waves embracing the day ~~~

Mars

I was thinking about staff in the sun and berkeman being sunburnt when I happened to come across this video. (tee hee) o:)

Everybody is free Music Video (sunscreen)

berkeman said:
...it will be good to get back to the mainland. Never thought I'd say that.
The sunburn must be really bad. I guess when you were riding your motorcycle in the suns of silicon valley, your leathers protected you too well and your skin was like a newborns? :devil:

Hope you heal soon.

Y'all have weirdly gone quiet. Did you survive your trip? Are you home now? Are you still consuming little umbrella decorated beverages?

Kind of creepy quiet. Could they all be hung-over?

Everyone should be home by now except for Greg and MIH. Not sure about their schedules.

Ivan Seeking said:
Everyone should be home by now except for Greg and MIH. Not sure about their schedules.
All those hours of west-to-east time change...MAJOR jet-lag! I could take a number of time-zones east-to-west with no problems, but any more than 2 in the opposite direction would lag me hard. Quite surprising, since I worked rotating shifts for 10 years, but it got me every time.

Yep, I'm back. I got back late yesterday, and am trying to prop my eyes open at work today. Staring out the window at the gloomy, rainy weather isn't helping me feel good about being back home. I wish I could have made this a longer vacation.

Moonbear said:
Yep, I'm back. I got back late yesterday, and am trying to prop my eyes open at work today. Staring out the window at the gloomy, rainy weather isn't helping me feel good about being back home. I wish I could have made this a longer vacation.

Good to have you back Moonbear :smile:

Moonbear said:

That may be the only good thing about not being able to go; I don't have to deal with post-vacation depression.

Moonbear said:

Those of us who didn't get to go anywhere are trying, really, really hard to work up some sympathy for you. Really, really.

GeorginaS said:
Those of us who didn't get to go anywhere are trying, really, really hard to work up some sympathy for you. Really, really.

I have a code in my node, does that help? Honestly, my immune system is pretty good (because of my part-time work with sickies), but I guess the dry air and a couple hundred random folks on planes did me in. First cold in a couple of years.

Did I win the prize? :redface: (hey, I found the sunburn smiley!)

GeorginaS said:

Aww...thanks for trying at least. :biggrin: I had to take a nap after work today, I was so tired. But, of course I wasn't tired enough to STAY asleep, so now I'll probably be up half the night. I used to adjust to time changes and crazy schedules pretty quickly, but in the past couple of years, jet lag just kills me.

berkeman said:
:redface: (hey, I found the sunburn smiley!)

:rofl: That's pretty close to the right color. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
... :rofl: That's pretty close to the right color. :rofl:

Berkeman has blue skin? :eek:

Dembadon said:
Berkeman has blue skin? :eek:
He was severely redshifted. Not surprising, since he was moving away from us. :tongue:

<h2>1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?</h2><p>There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala. </p><h2>2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?</h2><p>There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause. </p><h2>3. Are these events free to attend?</h2><p>Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information. </p><h2>4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?</h2><p>Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact. </p><h2>5. Can I bring my children to these events?</h2><p>Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations. </p>

1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?

There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala.

2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?

There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause.

3. Are these events free to attend?

Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information.

4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?

Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact.

5. Can I bring my children to these events?

Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations.