Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future

• Thread starter FrancisZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
We'd be in a world of hurt. But so would everyone else, and we're probably better prepared to handle it than many.[PLAIN]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/FrancisBear/2062008_2.jpg?t=1299835378 [Broken]To live here:To drive this car:To wear this suit:...In summary, the conversation revolves around the concept of having dreams and making them a reality. The speakers discuss their personal dreams, ranging from material possessions to personal achievements. The main theme is the desire to improve one's life and not settle for less. The conversation also touches on the idea of poverty and the struggle to escape it. Ultimately

nismaratwork said:
"Better than sex... well.. it's better than mediocre sex. Most sex isn't great sex, and X, Y, or Z is better than average sex." :rofl:

Point taken. For example, given the choice between Nicole Kidman vs Air Combat, Nicole wins hands down every time!

Nicole vs a Mig 31? Sorry Nicole!

Physics news on Phys.org

Ivan Seeking said:
Point taken. For example, given the choice between Nicole Kidman vs Air Combat, Nicole wins hands down every time!

Nicole vs a Mig 31? Sorry Nicole!

:rofl:

Poor Nicole! For me it would have to be an Su-37 at least!

S_Happens said:
And then some...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/e5a7/#tabs

http://consumerist.com/canned-unicorn-meat.JPG [Broken]
Why that looks magically disgusting. Sparkly!
physics girl phd said:
FrancisZ, you just became the guy I wish I would have married if I met his current self 15 years ago (though I like my fair lady's gloves better than your sleeves, probably because it keeps things covered but has a naughty feel... and goes better with a tiara, which maybe everyone should have once, but I never did, and what might be my wish).
I got nothing against gloves! But I do love me some sleeves. The 50's and 70's gowns always seemed to have them.
physics girl phd said:
Honestly, it's a sad thing that our society claims to value education, but does not sufficiently pay educators (like we value life but there's little/no support for families of children born disabled -- especially, here in the bible belt south, if they are not baptist).
I agree: we are definitely a hypocritical and schizophrenia society at times. Definitely not as consistent as we claim.
physics girl phd said:
I don't think it would have been like that 60 years ago. My husband's ex-wife's dad (who has become "Grandpa" to us all) was in education, and made a fine living. I feel like for our family, for every step forward, there's two backward -- though we're in it for the long haul (and our slightly planned, slightly unplanned "wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl?" has been the best thing that ever happened to us -- don't give up on your honest good-hearted dreams!).
Congrats! And yes: it certainly makes the days seem less grim. For me, it's fun to imagine out loud. :biggrin:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRepQgFM3BS9Y-mkEmLtkuv_sWu-SPZfdtLiRzgcYBRYkXqplHfJA&t=1.jpg

physics girl phd said:
I will pray (in my ex-patriot Catholicism) for your wishes (and yours too BobG! for to each his own, and I've lived too many lives and seen the appeal of both, made my decisions and will stick to them for the happinesses they do give).
Believe me: I know exactly how you feel; and I do appreciate it. Somehow, it is the way of the Catholic I think (myself included) to always feel an outsider looking in. We ALL have legitimate reasons.
physics girl phd said:
What do I wish or dream for?
A magic wand, to wave over our abode with my four sleeping soul-mates (and two cats), and grant them health and security through their days, so that they might pursue happiness as best they can. and maybe I'd like a neck massage. and a warm cookie. Or even just some pumpernickel toast (but just the bread will have to suffice... I have sleeping soul-mates that awaken on the smell of toasting).
Sounds like you already had a pretty good plan, and it DID work out! Blessings to you Boss. o:) I am always pleased by someone who gets what they really wish for.

Now I want a warm cookie too...

[URL]http://community.ere.net/media/photologue/photos/nestle_tollhouse_cookies__.jpg[/URL]

...man it is Lent isn't it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Seeking said:
I met another guy who did it, but his opponent threw up and passed out.
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif

I'd like to be the next guy on the Moon.
Now, three days is too long a trip.
So I'll use Project Orion to get me there much faster.
Since I'm impatient, I won't launch from orbit I'll pick a spot in the southwest desert.

It seems like overkill to throw up AND pass out... surely just one or the other is bad enough... :smile:

<h2>What is "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future" about?</h2><p>"Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future" is a book that guides readers through the process of creating a clear and detailed vision of their ideal future. It focuses on using visualization techniques to clarify goals and motivate action towards achieving them.</p><h2>Why is visualizing my ideal future important?</h2><p>Visualizing your ideal future is important because it helps you create a clear and compelling image of what you want your life to look like. This can serve as a powerful motivator and guide for making decisions and taking actions that align with your goals and aspirations.</p><h2>What techniques are used in "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future"?</h2><p>The book primarily focuses on the technique of visualization, which involves creating a detailed mental image of your ideal future. It also incorporates other techniques such as goal setting, positive affirmations, and gratitude practices to support the visualization process.</p><h2>Can anyone benefit from "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future"?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can benefit from this book. The techniques and exercises are applicable to people of all ages and backgrounds who are looking to gain clarity and motivation in achieving their goals and creating a better life for themselves.</p><h2>Is there any scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of visualization and other techniques in this book?</h2><p>Yes, there is scientific evidence that supports the effectiveness of visualization and other techniques used in this book. Studies have shown that visualization can improve motivation, focus, and performance. Additionally, practices such as gratitude and positive affirmations have been linked to improved mental well-being and overall happiness.</p>

What is "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future" about?

"Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future" is a book that guides readers through the process of creating a clear and detailed vision of their ideal future. It focuses on using visualization techniques to clarify goals and motivate action towards achieving them.

Why is visualizing my ideal future important?

Visualizing your ideal future is important because it helps you create a clear and compelling image of what you want your life to look like. This can serve as a powerful motivator and guide for making decisions and taking actions that align with your goals and aspirations.

What techniques are used in "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future"?

The book primarily focuses on the technique of visualization, which involves creating a detailed mental image of your ideal future. It also incorporates other techniques such as goal setting, positive affirmations, and gratitude practices to support the visualization process.

Can anyone benefit from "Dreaming of a Better Life: Visualizing My Ideal Future"?

Yes, anyone can benefit from this book. The techniques and exercises are applicable to people of all ages and backgrounds who are looking to gain clarity and motivation in achieving their goals and creating a better life for themselves.

Is there any scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of visualization and other techniques in this book?

Yes, there is scientific evidence that supports the effectiveness of visualization and other techniques used in this book. Studies have shown that visualization can improve motivation, focus, and performance. Additionally, practices such as gratitude and positive affirmations have been linked to improved mental well-being and overall happiness.